Ohio State Buckeyes 2021

Completely shocked Pete Werner went in the 2nd round
Why? He’s fast and rangy. Today’s NFL values LB’s with his traits over the 250 pound thumpers of old. Don’t confuse him with Tuf Borland, who lacks the range and athleticism of Werner.

Why? He’s fast and rangy. Today’s NFL values LB’s with his traits over the 250 pound thumpers of old. Don’t confuse him with Tuf Borland, who lacks the range and athleticism of Werner.
Oh, I know the difference between Pete and Tuf. The grades that I read didn't have him that high. I hope he does well in the NFL, but I have my doubts.

He seemed to be rapidly moving up some draft boards over the last few weeks...I recall reading or listening to some chatter where they thought he could get as high as early 2nd round.

29 Buckeyes taken in the past three drafts. Only six are products of Ohio HS football. The talent is really drying up in Ohio.

He must believe that an opportunity to be a part of their 2-deep exists. The guy has wheels. I am not sure how to feel about this one. I was hoping he would land at A&M.

They are pretty thin on experience at WR beyond Metchie, who's been out with injury all spring. I think there's a very good chance he could be their third WR, and with the offense that they run he'd have a lot more opportunities to stuff stats on screens and quick hitters than at Ohio State.

I don't know if there would have been much if any opportunity for role expansion at Ohio State this year with Olave deciding to return. The writing seemed to be on the wall that they're going to try to find more opportunities for Smith-Njigba and Fleming, which probably would have left the Juice Man getting squeezed to just have a similar year to what he had last year.

Last edited:
^^^^^^Yep. The WR room is loaded. I just don't want to see the guy run all over the field against TOSU in a playoff.
You said it. Our WR/RB core are like the lines in Hockey. First, second, third, 4th and fifth. They all produce. Just hate to see them leaving, especially to an SEC team.

His dad is now all over social media saying that Brian Hartline plays favorites and Jameson was better than the players who will be seeing the field. Not a good look even if true because Hartline could end up being a coach in the League some day and Williams may need a job.

Hartline is one of, if not already, one of the most respected young minds in the game. So glad he is on board. I don't have anything against Williams, but hopefully his dad gets it together. It's college football...

His dad is now all over social media saying that Brian Hartline plays favorites and Jameson was better than the players who will be seeing the field. Not a good look even if true because Hartline could end up being a coach in the League some day and Williams may need a job.
That's the BABY way out, hope the kid does well I really liked his style.

In all honesty I am more disappointed that TOSU did not land the LB from Tennessee. The WR's should shine for years to come.
Actually LB is evolving in NCAA & NFL football and it is not as important as it once was, look at the lack of drafted LBs in this past draft and the trend will probably continue. Look for tOSU to run a 4-2-5 during most snaps with that 5th DB being a highbred bullet type player. LB was not a priority and while they would have taken To'o To'o it is not a big loss. The bigger story is Alabama just kills it when it comes to landing talent, if they have a high level HS recruit not make the cut the best player at that position in the portal tends to end up at 'Bama replacing them.

Just read an article on Indiana. They have cleaned up utilizing the portal. I am anticipating they pump our game up to be the biggest home game in decades (unless we don't take care of September business). Never thought I would see the day in which IU worries me more than TTUN. Crazy...

Just read an article on Indiana. They have cleaned up utilizing the portal. I am anticipating they pump our game up to be the biggest home game in decades (unless we don't take care of September business). Never thought I would see the day in which IU worries me more than TTUN. Crazy...
I've told people Tom Allen reminds me of Mark Dantonio. Defensive minded coach who can motivate a bit.

I still remember the last time IU beat OSU and how I felt before the game. And I'm getting the same feeling for this year.