Ohio State Buckeyes 2021

Really bummed about Togiai not coming back. And honestly a little surprised. If I had to hazard a guess he's a day 2 guy, likely a 3rd rounder, late 2nd rounder. If he returned he could have been a late 1st early 2nd. Nonetheless, more guys have returned than I expected so it's a good day for Buckeye fans.

After this past season in which the OSU pass defense finished near the bottom in pass defense and the debacle of a pass defense in the NC game, their needs to be a shake up in the defensive coaching staff. Time for Mattison to retire and promote Larry Johnson as Co - DC with Coombs or out right DC. Since Johnson's arrival the one unit that has consistently played well is the D - line even in the NC game when OSU was down 2 starters.

More guys returning than I would have expected. Olave will have a good shot at being OSU's all-time leader in receiving yards and TDs if he stays healthy, and should at least get close for career receptions.

Whoever the next QB is (Stroud?) will have a sizable allotment of experienced weapons to make their job easier.

More guys returning than I would have expected. Olave will have a good shot at being OSU's all-time leader in receiving yards and TDs if he stays healthy, and should at least get close for career receptions.

Whoever the next QB is (Stroud?) will have a sizable allotment of experienced weapons to make their job easier.
QB will be biggest ? mark obviously. Just hope OSU fixes the secondary. Wonder if the fact that some of the skilled players coming back bodes well for their confidence in Stroud along with increasing their draft stock.

QB will be biggest ? mark obviously. Just hope OSU fixes the secondary. Wonder if the fact that some of the skilled players coming back bodes well for their confidence in Stroud along with increasing their draft stock.

I tend to think it must mean they have some confidence in him, or at least they're very confident that the offensive coaching staff will have him ready to step in and play at a high enough level to help them maintain or improve their draft stock.

Hopefully some of those young receivers don’t transfer with Olave coming back. Not really liking what I see out of Julian Fleming so far, but it’s way too early to write him off.

Greg Mattison announces his retirement today: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...o-state-co-dc-greg-mattison-retiring-coaching

In hindsight maybe Marcus Freeman should have waited if he wanted to get a tOSU gig as he would have been a nice fit in the spot. Day wants a combo in his defensive coordinators, one is an experienced steady hand that calls the plays and the other as a younger "energy" guy that is solid at recruiting. Coombs has experience and energy, maybe he gets the title alone? Something to keep an eye on.

Hoping Fields can land in a spot where he sits a year, maybe sees some limited action. The new narrative has the Pats taking him at 11. I am very biased toward him compared to the rest of the class, and I just cannot see him falling to 11.

Fields having another ProDay,got to mean more money for him.Looking forward to the game on Saturday to see who can win QB spot,a little different year with not much game time.

Last edited:
I think they stick to the ground game weeks 1-3 and slowly open things up more to get the new QB nice and comfortable. I do think this offense will have the possibility of putting up big numbers around week 1 or 2 of October. The recruiting on that side of the ball is ridiculous. It will be fun to keep up with the progression of the three QB's. I think we can all agree that one will bounce out, though.

Quick note, want to know why the PAC 12 is irrelevant? Of the 4 teams that have owned the playoffs, ('Bama, Clemson, tOSU, and Oklahoma) all their 2021 projected starters at QB are from this conference's foot print.

Quick note, want to know why the PAC 12 is irrelevant? Of the 4 teams that have owned the playoffs, ('Bama, Clemson, tOSU, and Oklahoma) all their 2021 projected starters at QB are from this conference's foot print.
Part of that is because Cali especially is such a prolific HS QB development state.

The depth chart at those positions is ridiculously deep at the moment...I'm not necessarily surprised as it was probably going to be very difficult for him to expand his role. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a tremendous player elsewhere.