Ohio State Buckeyes 2020

This IS a reckoning of how you humiliate someone who has reaped upon you the ultimate disrespect...Revenge is a dish best served straight up their Arse...!

I think they had Banks on Rodgers and he kept him covered pretty well. Not sure Wade is the guy who will be covering Smith

Great team win for the Buckeyes! I do think is somewhat over rated at CB though. Banks better be on Rodgers. I loved the line play on both sides of the ball last night!

Quick question, I thought when a player is ejected, they have to go to the locker room?

Why was Skalski on the sideline the rest of the game?

I was really impressed with the freshman Williams. I’d love to see more of him next game. He looks like he’ll be a good one. He’s a tank!

Wade was seen as a possible first rounder before the season. He initially opted out due to COVID concerns then opted back in. Since then his draft stock has been in a free fall. He's cost himself some money by coming back.

I was really impressed with the freshman Williams. I’d love to see more of him next game. He looks like he’ll be a good one. He’s a tank!

Watching him on the sidelines after his plays was fun. No posturing. Total kid, seemed uber excited he got to play.

No way is he a first round pick in the NFL. Very unimpressive. The Buckeyes better not put him on Bama's #6.
He is playing out of position.
No way is he a first round pick in the NFL. Very unimpressive. The Buckeyes better not put him on Bama's #6.
Watch the tape of last years Clemson game. Wade played a good game. He isn't a cover corner. He is learning a new position and he's learning on the fly. Being out of position can make you look bad.

If the team leans on Fields making plays with his legs like they have in previous big games, then they will lose. Sermon and Teague need to have good games and they need to work the PA and misdirection. Maybe even get the TEs involved.
Prescient?

Regardless of what happens against Bama, beating Clemson like this is about as satisfying a victory I’ve experienced as a Buckeye fan.

Honestly I think the Bama game is a toss up.

I know that I overrated the SEC this year big time. Going off their bowl games Ohio States schedule may have been almost as tough as Alabama's.

Ohio State may have hit a home run with Combs as D-coordinator. Sort of like how Clemson has their guy. The Buckeyes lost a lot of defensive talent from last year and Combs was making the transition from pros to college yet right now his defense is playing great.

Take last night. Clemson goes down the field like a hot knife through butter to score that first TD. Combs then does an NFL style adjustment and after that Clemson only scores 14 points until they get a garbage time TD late in the 4th quarter. That was an impressive three quarter stretch against one of the great offenses and QB's in college football.

To the extent that the talent allows, and they are kids after all, Combs will limit Bama's Smith. We're also going to see just how good Mac Jones really is as Combs will try to confuse him down the field and pressure him in the pocket. If Jones does well in the face of what will be a tough Combs defense then he's an early first round draft pick. If he doesn't Bama will be in trouble.

As an aside, Bama really missed their stud center yesterday against ND. They struggled to run the ball up the middle and they gave up the gut pressure to the ND D. Combs is going to exploit this.

As an added bonus Combs will be happy to stay as long as Day will have him.

Last edited:
I

I’m surprised Alabama is that big of a favorite. I would think 3.5 points or so.

I agree. The Bowl games have been eyeopening. SEC teams have been manhandled. Given how limited our sample size is and having no high profile OOC games to compare it was always a guess as to who was playing the toughest schedule.

And I don't buy the notion that the SEC teams not in the playoffs don't try as hard. For a lot of these guys their draft position depends on their effort and production in these bowl games. This is especially true this year with the limited number of games.

Just look at UC/UG yesterday. When Georgia made that FG they reacted like they had just won the national championship.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Texas A&M today.