Ohio man dies after being shot by police as he was cleaning out late grandmother's apartment

actually it is not, thats what the police cam will show..... so before you get your CRUMP hat on, lets wait to find out ....
I am up for that. There is certainly discrepancies between witness's and the police report.

you think Crump and sharpton are on their way to southern ohio?
If they are smart they are. Any time cops blow away an unarmed person at a distance, it's more likely than not there will be a civil award even if the cops are not found guilty of misconduct.

I don’t know anything about that community. Please elaborate.

Very good school district; with the highest school taxes in the area, if not the state. It is close to 80% white, 15% African American. 90% single family homes Median income $134,000.

Might be one of the old "He zoomed right past me, I thought he was going to run over my partner who had just jumped right in front of the van to get a couple shots off...................................so I yelled STOP RESISTING a few times then popped off a couple of shots myself".

Most of this probably is not true. ;)

Last edited:
Very good school district; with the highest school taxes in the area, if not the state. It is close to 80% white, 15% African American. 90% single family homes Median income $134,000.
I just looked up the highest real estate taxes in Ohio. Wyoming wasn’t one of them. I was surprised however that many that are the highest do not have great school systems.

Cops justified in shooting.
Pretty weird that dude's half brother is also Joseph Frasure Jr. Like George Foreman or Hot Rod Williams naming sons, sort of.

The Frasure rednecks I know in 'Bula all have different first names. Don't much like cops, either, though.

If they are smart they are. Any time cops blow away an unarmed person at a distance, it's more likely than not there will be a civil award even if the cops are not found guilty of misconduct.
Nah he’s white. Plus used a van to try to run over a cop because he had warrants for making meth and beating a child

From the video:
they were not allowed in the building
Joe Jr had meth charges and parole violations from Indiana
He had charges from KY
Both Dad on foot and son in the car were fleeing
3 cops were involved, 2 shot at driver.
He was shot through driver side window.

FWIW since there are those who can only see through a political bias. Prosecutor is a Republican, Sheriff, a Democrat; who did the investigating.

Pretty weird that dude's half brother is also Joseph Frasure Jr. Like George Foreman or Hot Rod Williams naming sons, sort of.

The Frasure rednecks I know in 'Bula all have different first names. Don't much like cops, either, though.
heard both the dad and the boy had warrants out for their arrest....

First off, I think the decision to not bring charges against the officers is the correct one, but I think the prosecutor, in characterizing the situation, is engaged in a bit of salesmanship (especially the part about these guys' records...important to know, but it's mixed in to sort of suggest that their record was known to these cops as they were deciding whether or not to use deadly force...it wasn't).

1. My guess is that father and son Frasure are engaged in activity that is quite common, actually. "Street" distribution of assets when grandma dies...a race to her home and start grabbing stuff...saves Probate expenses. If grandma's assets are simply the "stuff" in her home, getting lawyers involved is to be avoided ;)

2. Like the Tamir Rice case, the police are acting on good faith based on the information they've been provided by dispatch (in Rice, the police are told by dispatch..."a man at the playground threatening with a gun"). Many in our national media go straight to "12 year old boy with a toy gun" when the cops were told something far more ominous. The fact that the Frasure's aren't stranger burglars (though they probably are some kind of burglar)...the cops are entitled to act on what they've been told...in the pre-flight stages of the encounter.

3. Lots of criminal cases involve allegations of what people do with their cars when they encounter police. The pi $ $ ed off cop is mad someone recklessly drove off and the case frequently becomes a felonious assault (deadly weapon-auto) with a peace officer spec when it appears that a cop fairly easily stepped out of the way...and no one got hurt. The cop is a fisherman with one on the line and is frustrated that one got away. Cop is mad, catches the guy, goes to the prosecutor with F-1 charges...maybe it's more akin to felony Failure to Comply (F-3).

4. There is something in the law called the "fleeing felon rule". It is a statement of principle about the use of deadly force. It's not "neat" and limits the use of deadly force...put simply; in a felony arrest, if you run, that ALONE doesn't entitle a cop to shoot you. I think it covers these cops. However, what I saw on this video doesn't convince me that the COPS were in danger for the THEIR lives (maybe); but rather, a fleeing felon (their belief, whether correct or not, doesn't matter) in a vehicle was a danger to the community...other drivers. Put another way, I think these cops are (probably) entitled to shoot this guy because he's a fleeing felon acting dangerously; I'm not convinced their lives were in danger (shot comes in from the side)...

Last edited: