Ohio Heritage Conference 2022

the MVC?! would be a horrible move!

unlikely they leave Greeneview but maybe they would. i can’t remember the last time they beat them in football but all other sports are competitive.
Metro Buckeye. Everybody would need to come up with six games in football assuming they played each other and Dayton Christian.

I was told the main source of discontent is that one school wants out of the north division and wants more competition against the smaller south division schools. If you look at all-sports results over the last few years, it should be evident that one particular school has really struggled across the board.

Bump. I heard last week that there may be some discontent in the ranks and that a few of the smaller schools have been in contact with another league with one school in particular pushing for a change in the divisional alignment. I'm curious, has anybody heard the same?
I'd imagine SCC, SE. Ced and maybe MP are the ones.

Metro Buckeye. Everybody would need to come up with six games in football assuming they played each other and Dayton Christian.

I was told the main source of discontent is that one school wants out of the north division and wants more competition against the smaller south division schools. If you look at all-sports results over the last few years, it should be evident that one particular school has really struggled across the board.
In the north, it has to be NE or Triad.

Madison Plains should be trying to convince the OHC South schools to stay where they are. The OHC is as good of a set up for them as they will ever have: travel is not bad, they are in other farm like communities (excluding SCC) and they get a big ticket home gate with West Jefferson every other year. Plus, they should get about 4 or 5 wins most seasons.

Going to a non football conference may not be a big deal for SCC, SE and Cedarville - they numbers are very low for football. Would these communities be ok without a football team or moving to 8 man football?

is there anyway that the OHC could realign to keep anyone happy? the most logical thing is cut down on crossovers, and have them be competition based. cedarville doesn’t get anything out of being blown out by west jeff, etc.

Madison Plains should be trying to convince the OHC South schools to stay where they are. The OHC is as good of a set up for them as they will ever have: travel is not bad, they are in other farm like communities (excluding SCC) and they get a big ticket home gate with West Jefferson every other year. Plus, they should get about 4 or 5 wins most seasons.

Going to a non football conference may not be a big deal for SCC, SE and Cedarville - they numbers are very low for football. Would these communities be ok without a football team or moving to 8 man football?
This is a really good idea

Absolutely yes. The current setup of the OHC is as good as it gets for them having Southeastern, Cedarville and Greeneview all within a 25 or so minute drive. The only other schools they kind of fit with in terms of league alignment (former SCOL members) are mostly trending away from them in enrollment. I don't see any real growth possibilities for MP and can only see them getting smaller over the next 5-10 years.

i see this ending a few different ways

1. 4 south schools (Cedarville, Madison Plains, Greeneview, Southeastern) branch off with Clinton County schools+Waynesville to form a recreation of the old KTC. this leaves CC/Greenon to either join the north schools, or find another league. this scenario is certainly the most unlikely but it aligns 8 very similar communities together, and this league was a thing before.

New League:
Greeneview, Cedarville, East Clinton, Blanchester, Fayetteville, Madison Plains, Waynesville, Southeastern

2. Catholic Central leaves for MBC, Northeastern moves to south division, North division adds North Union (or potentially Riverside). this is a dream scenario for many as these divisions are as good as it gets, they align geographically and align similar communities together. this is somewhat likley.

3. OHC switches to 2 crossover matchups instead of 3, and assures Cedarville/CC that at least 1 matchup will be against a bottom north opponent each year. this assumes ALL teams stay put. this is the most likley solution.

Last edited:
I am not convinced Waynesville, Carlisle, and Middletown Madison are happy in the new SWBL. I know they had talks with the MBC before the SWBL invited in Ross and Edgewood. I don't know if that move satisfied those 3 schools or not. You could potentially add Carlisle and Madison to your reformed KTC. In that scenario I'd love to see C-M move to the SWBL.

I think there'd be a lot of support for cutting the crossovers down to 2. I don't think you could get any consensus on a divisional realignment as I'd imagine that at least half are satisfied as is with geography and rivalries. The main gripe would be 1-2 schools that want out of the north, and nobody from the south is willingly going to flip to the other side.

Big: Greenon, Greeneview, Fairbanks, WLS, West Jeff, MP

Small: NE, Triad, M'Burg, SCC, SE, C'Ville

Two permanent crossover games in football.

I think that would fix a lot of complaints at the cost of geography, but I'd also imagine MP and Mechanicsburg would be very unhappy with this setup and would strongly prefer flipping with each other.

Last edited:
North division adds North Union (or potentially Riverside).
I do not think a scenario where Riverside leaves the new TRC is realistic. I bet there is a higher probability that an unhappy OHC school leaves to go to the TRC, than a TRC school goes to the OHC (Greenon and Brookville to the TRC would be perfect)

I think there'd be a lot of support for cutting the crossovers down to 2. I don't think you could get any consensus on a divisional realignment as I'd imagine that at least half are satisfied as is with geography and rivalries. The main gripe would be 1-2 schools that want out of the north, and nobody from the south is willingly going to flip to the other side.

Big: Greenon, Greeneview, Fairbanks, WLS, West Jeff, MP

Small: NE, Triad, M'Burg, SCC, SE, C'Ville

Two permanent crossover games in football.

I think that would fix a lot of complaints at the cost of geography, but I'd also imagine MP and Mechanicsburg would be very unhappy with this setup and would strongly prefer flipping with each other.
i don’t think MP would be too unhappy. outside of West Liberty, the travel is pretty nice+guaranteed game with West Jeff each year. i think your divisional set-up would be the way to go to keep things fair geographically.

the key to this is making everyone happy with the crossovers. something like this may work with your proposed divisional set up.

Greeneview: Cedarville, Southeastern
Greenon: Catholic Central, Northeastern
Madison Plains: Southeastern, Cedarville
WLS: Mechanicsburg, Triad
Fairbanks: Triad, Catholic Central
West Jeff: Northeastern, Mechanicsburg

you miss out on a few good matchups but they could be non-conference games when it makes sense. these probably keep everyone happy.

Last edited:
I do not think a scenario where Riverside leaves the new TRC is realistic. I bet there is a higher probability that an unhappy OHC school leaves to go to the TRC, than a TRC school goes to the OHC (Greenon and Brookville to the TRC would be perfect)
surely that’s possible. i’m just throwing around ideas. i bring up Riverside because playing West Liberty Salem and Triad each year would be appealing to them. i could see Catholic Central or Greenon to the TRC at some point if that’s how it worked out.

Riverside would be nuts to not jump at a chance to be in some version of the OHC. They have 2-3 more years of being competitive in football in the TRC and then it may be a lot of pain for a while.

Riverside would be nuts to not jump at a chance to be in some version of the OHC. They have 2-3 more years of being competitive in football in the TRC and then it may be a lot of pain for a while.
Riverside having a schedule consisting of WLS, Triad, Fairbanks, Mechanicsburg, Cedarville, and Southeastern in some capacity seems ideal for Riverside.

Riverside having a schedule consisting of WLS, Triad, Fairbanks, Mechanicsburg, Cedarville, and Southeastern in some capacity seems ideal for Riverside.
Riverside should have been in the OHC from inception. They were a better fit than SCC. The story goes that the Riverside admin at the time didn't show up for the initial OHC talks because they wanted to keep the WCOC together, but I'm not sure how much that is truth or legend at this point.

yeah, rethinking it Fayetteville makes more sense than Massie.
Fayetteville does make sense for a lot of reasons but 55 miles one way from Fayetteville to South Charleston for a school night junior high game would be pretty rough. The old KTC would be a dream for most of these schools I would think, but it will probably stay just that.

Fayetteville does make sense for a lot of reasons but 55 miles one way from Fayetteville to South Charleston for a school night junior high game would be pretty rough. The old KTC would be a dream for most of these schools I would think, but it will probably stay just that.
i would agree, but if that’s the longest trip anyone in the league has to make then it may not be that bad. in league play, Fayetteville has it as good as it gets travel wise. the issue is in weeks 4/5, they don’t have conference games. therefore they are stuck going to far southeast ohio (and Ridgemont this past season) in order to play games. i’m sure if you ask anyone at Fayetteville, they would rather go to Madison Plains and South Charleston than Symmes Valley and Portsmouth. also worth noting that Fayetteville plays in 2 separate leagues, so being in 1 league for all sports may have some value. if Fayetteville wanted to stay in the SHAL for all other sports but football, then the “KTC” could add yellow springs to fill that gap.

you’re right, it’s probably just a dream to some of these schools that may never happen, but it sure is fun to talk about!

The North will be between WJ and Mechanicsburg. The south will be the more interesting to unfold. I think the dark horse is SCC. Greenon and GV should be the favorites.

The North will be between WJ and Mechanicsburg. The south will be the more interesting to unfold. I think the dark horse is SCC. Greenon and GV should be the favorites.
i think West Jeff wins the north and it’ll be less competitive than previous years. ditto for Greeneview in the south. those two seem to have much more talent than everyone else for this season. Burg will be interesting, not sure who’s coming back (besides the Roland kid) and who they’re developing. Greenon has a bit of talent but they need to get numbers up to be successful. im buying the Northeastern hype much more than SCC, if Northeastern is ever going to win the North or at least get 2nd, this is as good of a chance as they will ever get.

The last sentence is the problem for Riverside, the school is getting smaller and the rest of the TRC is getting bigger. I personally would be upset if the OHC came calling and they didn't jump on it.

hmmm. I'm not sure the rest of the TRC is getting bigger. If Brookville and Greenon were added, that would be the league getting bigger, but that is all Yappi speculation. I don't think the current schools are getting bigger though.
Bethel is getting bigger. Milton goes down from d4 to d5 this year. I think East, 'Ridge, Covington, LC, and TC are pretty much the same enrollment.

If Riverside folks feel a better fit in the OHC, I get it I guess. I think they compete well in the sports they field. Weiskittle do you like the TRC for the Pirates? or was it just better than the NWCC?

TRC was the best situation at the time for Riverside. however, if the OHC ever did come calling, i think they would be stupid not to jump. they are just about a perfect fit in the league i would say. as a Greenon fan, you could replace Catholic Central with Riverside tomorrow and no one would bat an eye.

TRC was the best situation at the time for Riverside. however, if the OHC ever did come calling, i think they would be stupid not to jump. they are just about a perfect fit in the league i would say. as a Greenon fan, you could replace Catholic Central with Riverside tomorrow and no one would bat an eye.
Is Greenon happy with the OHC? With SE, SCC & Ced being D VII, I don't think they are happy.

hmmm. I'm not sure the rest of the TRC is getting bigger. If Brookville and Greenon were added, that would be the league getting bigger, but that is all Yappi speculation. I don't think the current schools are getting bigger though.
Bethel is getting bigger. Milton goes down from d4 to d5 this year. I think East, 'Ridge, Covington, LC, and TC are pretty much the same enrollment.

If Riverside folks feel a better fit in the OHC, I get it I guess. I think they compete well in the sports they field. Weiskittle do you like the TRC for the Pirates? or was it just better than the NWCC?
I don't dislike the TRC, but we were pretty much forced out of the NWCC be them moving further and further north. Games with Covington, SL, and TC isn't an issue. But every other team in the league had more than twice the enrollment that we do. We have some decent athletes now and can normally compete, but when we hit a downswing it is going to get ugly.

Is Greenon happy with the OHC? With SE, SCC & Ced being D VII, I don't think they are happy.
i think it is near impossible to find a perfect league situation. i think Greenon is satisfied for now but not sure how long. for the record i like the OHC a whole lot more than the CBC.

the CBC Mad River was an atrocious division for Greenon. Graham and Northwestern were fine. but 40 minutes to Urbana, an hour to Indian Lake, and an hour and 10 minutes to Ben Logan just to get running clocked was not enjoyable as a fan.

in the OHC, i have enjoyed traveling to every location in the south outside of Catholic Central. in the north, West Liberty, West Jefferson, and Northeastern are all enjoyable trips.

Last edited: