Ohio’s High School Transfer Portal Is Now Open

I am not up to speed on all the rules, but will the athletes have to sit out the tournament? I thought that is how Ohio rolls now.

Home grown teams are becoming much more rare, but I guess one of the positives of the transfer portal is that a team can get good in a hurry, and not have to see a great 7th grade team wait to get to the HS varsity. Of course some of those same 7th graders may be gone by the time they're freshmen.

curious to see the people on this forum put a spin on this ...

this is just as bad as Richmond Hts... if not worse ..

and another public school doing it

Ohio high school transfer portal has been open, even before it was called "transfer portal".

Home grown teams are becoming much more rare, but I guess one of the positives of the transfer portal is that a team can get good in a hurry, and not have to see a great 7th grade team wait to get to the HS varsity. Of course some of those same 7th graders may be gone by the time they're freshmen.
Or they may not get better..... junior high greatness doesn't = varsity greatness especially now.

I'm starting to wonder if Dave is even a real person. I suppose this could just be a computer program or something like that.