OHC 2021

Thoughts on the OHC this season? North has to be Burg's to lose right? South.......Greenview and then everyone else. GHSknights talk to me about the South and how Greenon will look with some graduation of talent.

West Jeff will lay waste to the north. It will take multiple good classes from Burg or WLS to make a team that can deal with WJ.

Idk about the south, seems like Greenviews recent success took a step backward the last few years.

The North will be brutal to NE again this year. Can WLS rebound and contend? WJ and MB game will be awesome. Triad and Fairbanks game could be for third place.
Can the Knights rule the South again? Can the Irish, Indians and Trojans get their mojo back? Will the Knights and Rams game determine the South again?
Should be a great season. So many questions.

i believe they hired the DC from the previous staff. i don’t know what they were thinking, they should’ve brought in new blood. i heard assistants from both Fairborn and Xenia applied.
Unless they really wanted someone in the building, normally it’s best to bring in someone from the outside if you have a losing program.

It’s a little different since Cedarville could have Nick Saban as a head coach and it wouldn’t translate to many more wins.

I think WJ has to be the slight favorite in the North, but The Burg can play with them just about any year. They have some high end talent, not sure about their depth. The rest will be fighting for 3rd/4th IMO. I think NE may surprise and have their best season in some time.
In the South, Its Greenon vs. Greenview again for the title. May be a long time before anyone else challenges them.

Feel for anyone taking the C-Ville job. Has to be tough. They have tradition, but its long gone and they haven't competed consistently in a long time. Agree Weis aobut C-Ville. there just isnt much talent there to work with.

Thoughts on the OHC this season? North has to be Burg's to lose right? South.......Greenview and then everyone else. GHSknights talk to me about the South and how Greenon will look with some graduation of talent.
South will come down to Greenon and Greeneview week 10 in Jamestown again. some say Catholic Central will contend- i’m not buying it. Madison Plains will contend at some point with Cahill, but not this season.

as far as 2020 goes, Greeneview and Greenon may be even. both teams lost some productive seniors but Greenon lost more overall. Greenon does bring back Hough, Stewart, and most of the OL. Linebacker and QB will be positions of concern for the Knights this season. Greeneview was has some good young players coming up- i think they’re a playoff team for the foreseeable future.

i see it being a close game again. could go either way. both squads are well coached.

as far as Cedarville, they have talent in the school. other teams at cedarville have been ultra successful. what they need is a culture change and the problem in that community is they won’t embrace that. there are a lot of parents who get involved in cedarville with the coaches telling them “my son is better, he should be playing over this persons kid”. just my take.

South will come down to Greenon and Greeneview week 10 in Jamestown again. some say Catholic Central will contend- i’m not buying it. Madison Plains will contend at some point with Cahill, but not this season.

as far as 2020 goes, Greeneview and Greenon may be even. both teams lost some productive seniors but Greenon lost more overall. Greenon does bring back Hough, Stewart, and most of the OL. Linebacker and QB will be positions of concern for the Knights this season. Greeneview was has some good young players coming up- i think they’re a playoff team for the foreseeable future.

i see it being a close game again. could go either way. both squads are well coached.
Catholic Central? Really? It would be great to see them have some success this year but they are young. MP is intriguing with the hire and I agree will be a darkhorse for the South. Otherwise week 10 looks to be for the title.

Catholic Central? Really? It would be great to see them have some success this year but they are young. MP is intriguing with the hire and I agree will be a darkhorse for the South. Otherwise week 10 looks to be for the title.
what they’re doing at Catholic Central cannot, and will not be sustained. they are much closer to getting the boot from the OHC than many expect. many were fed up with them especially after this season. the culture at CC has changed since the glory days where they made playoff runs.

As someone that has seen many of the teams in this league in recent years up close from the perspective of working a chain gain, a few years ago I thought Cedarville was actually one of the better coached teams and definitely one of the more actively coached teams in-game between trying to coach kids up and attempting to make adjustments. I tend to think the coach that just went out the door would have been pretty successful if he was at a different league school that has better talent and that's more receptive to football culture.

Cedarville is going to be bad until someone can figure out how to increase and stabilize the numbers. With the culture of school and town, and I'd probably argue the increasing influence of the University in town as it continues to grow and thrive, I just don't think enough people there are receptive to football anymore or care enough to try to rebuild the program.

I may be totally wrong cause the kids might think it’s boring. But I think Cedarville needs a coach that can run a very detailed oriented wing-t or triple option. Run that from JH up, focus on fundamentals and making being on the team as enjoyable and enriching as you can make it.

that includes discipline, effort, give back to the community, and a family culture.

Give the kids everything they need to succeed, paper playbook, digital playbook, open the weight room any time it needs to be open to make sure the only real excuse for it lifting is laziness. Do speed and quickness training throughout the year for anyone who wants to get better. If a kid can’t get a ride, find him a ride.

and the most important thing, the school administration needs to be 100% supportive and patient as long as the culture is good. They, the town, and the parents need to do their best (and it’s hard!) to understand that even with all these great things, that more often than not you will not win more than 6 games, it’s just a small football school.

Take your lumps, maximize talent, create great young men, and when a good group comes through.... enjoy it and kick some !!!

sorry, I’ll get off my soapbox now lol

Ps. I know my spelling and grammar suck.

this year in the OHC, outside of West Jeff, should be one of the more competitive years in recent memory

North POY- Tyler Buescher from West Jeff: must I say anything? this one seems obvious.

South POY- Trevor Stewart of Greenon: kid is a beast at RB/LB. him moving into the Greenon district this offseason sparked life into the running game. he also placed 2nd in the state wrestling tournament this offseason. Mays of Greeneview also has a chance.

I think Jake Hurst will give Buescher a run for his money in the North. Cade Houseman at Northeastern as well, depending on how successful of a season the Jets have.

Stewart is probably the favorite in the South. I could see Coil (Madison Plains) or Hurst (Greeneview) having big years.

I think Jake Hurst will give Buescher a run for his money in the North. Cade Houseman at Northeastern as well, depending on how successful of a season the Jets have.

Stewart is probably the favorite in the South. I could see Coil (Madison Plains) or Hurst (Greeneview) having big years.
Coil is an interesting pick...threw for 1500 yards last year. Cahill and his OC heading to plains could allow Coil to have big numbers. Graham was the #1 offense in the CBC and had an all state QB too.

Hurst and Beusher are then two best players in the OHC. Sad one of them wont win POY. NO offense to the Greenon kid, but those two are on another level. Hurst may not have the numbers because Burg spreads the ball around and has lots of 3 and outs, but Hurst is GOOD.

POY in the South will almost always come from Greenon or Greenview. Has any other school ever won it?

QB’s usually get preference over other positions in these awards.

Coil from MP was decent and he will only be a junior next year. could have a big year with Cahill.

Stewart is likely the pick. Hough from Greenon has put up extremely good numbers as well and has finished first team all conference i believe.

Greeneview has a bunch of good players but can’t think of any studs coming back for them next year.

How will MBurg be this year? I know coaching will always be a plus for them.
D6 defensive player of the year in the state returns. Jake Hurst is a two way DUDE for the Indians. Also offensively, Aaron Conley returns as the 3 yr starting QB. Per OHC sports.. he threw 24 TDs and had 4 INT's in a very RUN heavy offense. Forrest does lose some production in the graduation of Chase Props who carried the ball as well as the deep threat Keith Bebout.
Bottom line in the end is the north still runs through the burg and I would project 9-1 10-0 depending on how the game vs the Ruff Riders of WJ goes.

How will MBurg be this year? I know coaching will always be a plus for them.
Schematically, they will be right as well.....only time I have seen burg lose is when they hit some hammers of dudes from the MAC....it is never a scheme issue for the Indians. More so jimmys and joes vs x's and o's