OHC 2021

If leagues blow up again like 20 years ago I'd love to see an 8 school league consisting of Greenon, NW, KR, Shawnee, Tecumseh, Graham, Urbana, and London. Swap Bethel for London if the Red Raiders opt to head back towards Columbus.

If the current OHC were to shed 1-2 schools in the coming years, the best option IMO would be to cut the league numbers back down to 10 and preferably 8 as opposed to bringing more schools on board.

If leagues blow up again like 20 years ago I'd love to see an 8 school league consisting of Greenon, NW, KR, Shawnee, Tecumseh, Graham, Urbana, and London. Swap Bethel for London if the Red Raiders opt to head back towards Columbus.

If the current OHC were to shed 1-2 schools in the coming years, the best option IMO would be to cut the league numbers back down to 10 and preferably 8 as opposed to bringing more schools on board.
Great league. Add Bellefontaine as the 8th team if needed

I'm curious as to why you're so against Ben Logan and the Lake in regards to a league? The Burg is better than both at sports, so there would be no problem with them being a little bigger. Is it Ben Logan helping break up the old WCOC? Is so, I don't remember the Lake having anything to do with that.

I go back a long way and could tell you about the DVL & WCOC and how it impacted the Burg, not just on the field, mat, diamond or court but the relationships with the competing schools and as i get older the more I realize this matters. Travel to Indian Lake and Ben Logan although mileage is not hateful the roads are! No good way to get there from 60 High St. Mechanicsburg. Not many years ago when I looked Burg + Triad enrollment = Ben Logan and Lake is bigger(?). Things run in cycles and bad travel to bigger schools sets up a prolonged bad spot in the cycle. These propused leagues we are having fun with in nearly all of them the Burg is the smallest school.
As of today the Burg is a better fit with Clark (not SCC), Madison and Union county schools than ever going to Logan (wls) county again. Those roads are way straighter and there are McDonalds on the way to & from;). More common bonds with places like South Charleston and Jamestown than BL or IL.

looks like the original CBC before expansion. that is a league that could last a long time.

Bring back the WCOC. With 12 teams making the playoffs it doesn’t hurt teams like BL and IL anymore.

But I’m saying that from a Riverside perspective.
Riverside
Triad
Indian Lake
West Liberty Salem
Benjamin Logan
North Union
Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg

add the pair of Graham and Urbana, or the pair of Waynesfield Goshen and Ridgemont, if you please. Add all 4 and a decent 12 team league. but the 8 team league above is quite nice.

Big
Graham
Urbana
Indian Lake
Benjamin Logan
North Union
West Liberty Salem
Small
Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg
Triad
Riverside
Waynesfield Goshen
Ridgemont

Riverside
Triad
Indian Lake
West Liberty Salem
Benjamin Logan
North Union
Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg

add the pair of Graham and Urbana, or the pair of Waynesfield Goshen and Ridgemont, if you please. Add all 4 and a decent 12 team league. but the 8 team league above is quite nice.

Big
Graham
Urbana
Indian Lake
Benjamin Logan
North Union
West Liberty Salem
Small
Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg
Triad
Riverside
Waynesfield Goshen
Ridgemont
I would LOVE this. I would switch WLS and FB for Travel reasons! Lol

Plus I think FB is growing.

Isn’t Bethel a small school?

Isn’t Bethel a small school?

They've had a significant amount of growth recently due to subdivision development around Huber Heights spilling over into their district, and they are still getting bigger.

In football they bumped up to D5 in 2019, and odds are they will be up to D4 within the next 7-10 years. Soon they'll grow into being a great fit with the Clark county schools and IMO will be with them if the CBC or whatever those schools are calling themselves then have 10 or 12 schools.

Wow. I did not know that. I know they just built a new school. Did they build it big enough?

Wow. I did not know that. I know they just built a new school. Did they build it big enough?

Pretty good quick read here on their new elementary school and stadium projects that should begin in the spring. Their new K-5 building should allow for accommodations of up to 1,000 students or roughly 165 kids per grade.

Interesting enrollment note in there is that current district enrollment has nearly doubled since 2012.

https://dayton247now.com/news/local...t-growing-school-districts-plans-285m-project

WLS instead of Tecumseh. Bellefontaine and Tecumseh would be good MVL fits.

WLS instead of Tecumseh. Bellefontaine and Tecumseh would be good MVL fits.
i agree. Tecumseh and Bellefontaine to MVL North and Franklin and Bellbrook to MVL South. West Liberty Salem would be a fine fit in this league but they’re better suited wherever Ben Logan/Indian Lake are.

Riverside
Triad
Indian Lake
West Liberty Salem
Benjamin Logan
North Union
Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg

Big
Graham
Urbana
Indian Lake
Benjamin Logan
North Union
West Liberty Salem
Small
Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg
Triad
Riverside
Waynesfield Goshen
Ridgemont
This is a pretty good idea. I don’t claim to understand all that there is within the Clark, Champaign and Logan County corridor but I do think WG & Ridgemont probably wouldn’t be that great of a fit in this small division. I believe WG is now one of the smallest 11-man public’s in the state, and Ridgemont has no winning tradition. Fairbanks and Mechanicsburg would put 70 on them in the first half if they wanted, and Triad & Riverside would clock them. Another idea could be to get North Union & Marion Elgin into that Small: NU might not want it (although think of the gate vs Fairbanks) and while Elgin isn’t great they have a higher floor than WG & Ridgemont. Not sure who that sixth team for the Big could be, then. Shawnee?

This is a pretty good idea. I don’t claim to understand all that there is within the Clark, Champaign and Logan County corridor but I do think WG & Ridgemont probably wouldn’t be that great of a fit in this small division. I believe WG is now one of the smallest 11-man public’s in the state, and Ridgemont has no winning tradition. Fairbanks and Mechanicsburg would put 70 on them in the first half if they wanted, and Triad & Riverside would clock them. Another idea could be to get North Union & Marion Elgin into that Small: NU might not want it (although think of the gate vs Fairbanks) and while Elgin isn’t great they have a higher floor than WG & Ridgemont. Not sure who that sixth team for the Big could be, then. Shawnee?
Springfield Shawnee would never. ever. i think you could not have Ridgemont/WG, then move West Liberty Salem to the small school division. that works for everyone.

Big
North Union
Graham
Urbana
Ben Logan
Indian Lake
Small
West Liberty Salem
Riverside
Triad
Fairbanks
Mechanicsburg

crossovers could be something like:
North Union- Fairbanks, Triad, Mechanicsburg
Graham- West Liberty Salem, Mechanicsburg, Riverside
Urbana- Mechanicsburg, West Liberty Salem, Triad
Ben Logan- Triad, Riverside, Fairbanks
Indian Lake- Riverside, Fairbanks, West Liberty Salem

OHC SOUTH RETURNING ALL-LEAGUE PLAYERS

CATHOLIC CENTRAL
TJ Mays, DB (Sophomore)
Ashton Young, WR/DB (Senior)
Ty Myers Jr., QB/DB (Sophomore)

CEDARVILLE
Travis Lambert, OL/DL (Senior)

GREENEVIEW
Jarrod Mays, OL/DL (Junior)
Cohen Hickman, OL/DL (Junior)
Carter Williams, WR/DB (Junior)

GREENON
Clay Hough, WR/DB (Senior)
Trevor Stewart, RB/LB (Senior)
Hunter Birt, OL/DL (Senior)
Zack Stevens, WR/DL (Junior)
Mason Vawter, OL/LB(Senior)

MADISON PLAINS
Evan Coil, QB/LB (Junior)

SOUTHEASTERN
Wade Eriksen, QB/DB (Senior)

OHC SOUTH OTHER KEY RETURNERS: (based off of stats, so I don't have OL included)

CATHOLIC CENTRAL
Xavier Thrasher, RB/OL/DL (Junior)
Trey King, WR/DB (Senior)
Darrien Stapleton, RB/LB (Sophomore)
Tyler Young, RB/LB (Junior)
Patrick Kavanaugh, TE/DE (Senior)
Malcolm Brown, WR/LB (Sophomore)
DeShawn Martin, WR/DB (Sophomore)

CEDARVILLE
Max Pollander, WR/DB (Senior)
Justin Mahaffey, OL/DL (Senior)
Mason Bowen, RB/DB (Senior)

GREENEVIEW
Cole DeHaven, QB/LB (Junior)
Ryan Hurst, RB/LB (Junior)
Logan Sandlin, WR/LB (Junior)

GREENON
Arlie Benson Jr, WR/DB (Senior)
Aaron Karg, WR/DB (Senior)
Carson Rust, OL/DL (Junior)
Wade Davis, WR/DB (Junior)

MADISON PLAINS
Tyson Guiette, RB/LB (Senior)
Scott Stanford, OL/DL (Senior)
Chase Howard, RB/LB (Senior)

SOUTHEASTERN
Austin Yoder, WR/QB/LB (Junior)
Mason Coil, WR/DB (Senior)
Thomas Sulfridge, RB/DB (Junior)

Last edited:
If I had to guess 2021 standings based off of that research it would look something like this.

OHC NORTH:
1. West Jefferson
2. Mechanicsburg
3. Northeastern
4. Fairbanks
5. West Liberty
6. Triad

OHC SOUTH:
1. Greenon
2. Greeneview
3. Madison Plains
4. Catholic Central
5. Cedarville
6. Southeastern

If I had to guess 2021 standings based off of that research it would look something like this.

OHC NORTH:
1. West Jefferson
2. Mechanicsburg
3. Northeastern
4. Fairbanks
5. West Liberty
6. Triad

OHC SOUTH:
1. Greenon
2. Greeneview
3. Madison Plains
4. Catholic Central
5. Cedarville
6. Southeastern
if Greenon wins the South in 2021, coach Wooten deserves a guaranteed job for life.

if Greenon wins the South in 2021, coach Wooten deserves a guaranteed job for life.

I think it's a good possibility that they do. Now, I think the South is going to be down quite a bit next year. Hypothetically speaking, I think the worst in the north is as good as the best in the south. But the south should be fun to watch and I think it's Greenons to lose. I believe Greeneview has some real good teams coming up again. Not sure about the rest of the south.

2021 OHC Non-Conference Schedules (week 1 followed by week 2)

South
Greenon- vs. Cincinnati Taylor, @Northwestern
Greeneview- vs. Middletown Madison, @Waynesville
Madison Plains- vs. Westfall, @Zane Trace
Cedarville- vs. Fayetteville, @ East Clinton
Southeastern- vs. Worthington Christian, @Ridgemont
Catholic Central- vs. Fairfield Christian, OPEN
North

Northeastern- vs. Bradford, @Riverside
West Liberty Salem- OPEN (Graham?), @Ben Logan
West Jefferson- @Urbana, vs. Paint Valley
Triad- vs. Ben Logan, @ Buckeye Central
Mechanicsburg- vs. Kenton Ridge, OPEN (@Covington?)
Fairbanks- vs. Cardington, @ Indian Lake

let me know if you know of any open dates that have been filled, and I will edit!

Last edited:
2021 OHC Non-Conference Schedules (week 1 followed by week 2)

South
Madison Plains- vs. Westfall, (A) Zane Trace
Catholic Central- vs. Fairfield Christian, OPEN
North

West Liberty Salem- OPEN (Graham?), @Ben Logan
Mechanicsburg- vs. Kenton Ridge, OPEN (@Covington?)
Fairbanks- (H) Cardington, @ Indian Lake

let me know if you know of any open dates that have been filled, and I will edit!

The kicker from Greenon is an impressive get for Wittenberg. Wow. That kid has a rocket for a leg. I know some aspects of recruiting in the spring and summer were very screwy with COVID, but I thought he had mid-major/Ivy league type talent.

The kicker from Greenon is an impressive get for Wittenberg. Wow. That kid has a rocket for a leg. I know some aspects of recruiting in the spring and summer were very screwy with COVID, but I thought he had mid-major/Ivy league type talent.
he should have his tuition paid for.

Here is some pictures of the new field house at West Jefferson

Attachments

• 0BFD4DB1-70EC-4C95-9E70-5A8B6AEF46C4.jpeg
    0BFD4DB1-70EC-4C95-9E70-5A8B6AEF46C4.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 29
  • A75079BD-6A84-484F-913A-493F5DD11135.jpeg
    A75079BD-6A84-484F-913A-493F5DD11135.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 29
Big hire for the Golden Eagles of MP. Shane Cahill had the Graham Falcons football program headed in a phenomenal direction. The culture shift at Plains ahead will be a very interesting one to follow.
https://mpgoldeneagles.com/2021/02/18/shane-cahill-to-be-new-golden-eagles-football-head-coach/

This may be a bumpy ride the first few years. MP usually has some pretty good athletes, but they graduate just about everything except for the QB and they have some weaker classes (by their standards in recent years) coming through now. There's likely a good reason that this job was open, and it's because they will probably be taking a couple steps back from where they've been lately.

If he can hang in there through say the first three years, this could be a very interesting hire when he gets his culture established and the talent level cycles back to what it's been over the last 4-5 years. This is a school that probably could be better more consistently (especially getting to play in the OHC South); they just need the right coach and they need them to hang around for a decade or so.