OH Basketball

True Westsider

How good will this freshman team be if from what I'm hearing they have 3 or 4 really good players playing up? How good will JV and varsity be? I know they had Deifel come back which is huge help after losing Richmond from last years team.

How good will this freshman team be if from what I'm hearing they have 3 or 4 really good players playing up? How good will JV and varsity be? I know they had Deifel come back which is huge help after losing Richmond from last years team.

If the Frosh have 3-4 players playing up I think you know the answer to your own question

killa probably knows.

there was a thread started about this that went downhill b/c of killa. but they might struggle this year but the frosh playing up will get valuable experience. they will have at least one starting or playing a lot of varsity.

jtk
()

killa probably knows.

there was a thread started about this that went downhill b/c of killa. but they might struggle this year but the frosh playing up will get valuable experience. they will have at least one starting or playing a lot of varsity.

jtk
()

Killa an idiot!!

Now that the teams are set how good will all three teams be this year? I think varsity has improved with some of the kids playing on there and JV should be solid with the freshman,soph and jr who are on the team. Freshman will be pretty decent even without the 3-4 who are playing up. Does varsity have a shot to win GMC?

how many of the frosh are on varsity?

jtk
()

From what I heard there is 1 but possibly 2 more dressing. I think there is 3-4 on JV. Wish Richmond was back one more year because with him Deifel, Laumann and a couple of the big men they have I think it could have been a really good team. This team still will be good IMO. Does anyone think they have a shot to win the GMC?

that will send schwallie and killa into a tizzy. they told me he was only the 3rd or 4th best frosh coming in and that batte would be lucky to start on the jv team.

jtk
()

that will send schwallie and killa into a tizzy. they told me he was only the 3rd or 4th best frosh coming in and that batte would be lucky to start on the jv team.

jtk
()

Show me where I said that? Said he is a very good basketball player and they shouldn't rush him. He along with the rest of the class should play JV or Freshman. This is a great basketball class and think if they play together at JV most of them and the rest freshman they can have a good run within the next couple of years.

jtk
()

And don't be putting my name on this site. You have some real issues. I hope the boys do well this year but besides that I could care less about basketball.

And don't be putting my name on this site. You have some real issues. I hope the boys do well this year but besides that I could care less about basketball.

you didn't say anything in this thread, it was the one a few weeks back where you got the sore butt b/c i called killa schwallie. you don't have to be so defensive on here. its just a chat site, and you were called out. no big deal. it happens to the best and worst of us. there is only one reason you don't care about basketball this season.

btw, you don't play the best players in your program on freshman and jv. you play them where they will get the most development.

jtk
()

you didn't say anything in this thread, it was the one a few weeks back where you got the sore butt b/c i called killa schwallie. you don't have to be so defensive on here. its just a chat site, and you were called out. no big deal. it happens to the best and worst of us. there is only one reason you don't care about basketball this season.

btw, you don't play the best players in your program on freshman and jv. you play them where they will get the most development.

jtk
()

So what would that reason be smart guy? Never was a big basketball person. Also I agree to a point with the development but I still believe those kids would develop more playing all together on JV.

From what I heard and have seen only one and his name is Batte from Delhi.

Thanks, none of the Delhi/Bridgetown kids I saw last yr (2-3games each) are ready for Varsity unless OH has 0 talented players that ar jrs. or seniors. Not knocking the kids, just being honest. I went to OH with some Great Players and from what I recall they didn't play Varsity as Frosh. Did Mike Wall and Scott Marston play Varsity as Frosh?? For the record, I am old and Frosh did not attend OH when I was in school!

So what would that reason be smart guy? Never was a big basketball person. Also I agree to a point with the development but I still believe those kids would develop more playing all together on JV.

maybe b/c your son isn't playing anymore.

yes, but when juniors and seniors are bad, you might as well take your lumps with the freshman.

jtk
()

honestly, not really. they are good kids, and will play hard. they have a couple who are decent players in those classes. hope im wrong.

jtk
()

i recently saw the roster. i forgot that they have a 6'10 kid. i thought he was a senior last year. looking at roster, they will surprise some people. laumann is a strong point guard, and post will be solid. i will leave the other spots for you guys to play with. i think i know who they will be though.

jtk
()

i recently saw the roster. i forgot that they have a 6'10 kid. i thought he was a senior last year. looking at roster, they will surprise some people. laumann is a strong point guard, and post will be solid. i will leave the other spots for you guys to play with. i think i know who they will be though.

jtk
()

From what I have seen Walters will probably be point and Laumann the SG. The 6'10 kid I don't think will start the kid who will most likely start C I think his name is Cox and he's pretty good.

PG-Walters
SG-Laumann
SF-Diefel
PF-Batte If he does I still think he should be on JV not ready
C-Cox
This is who I think not 100% could switch around.

no way the chisolm kid doesn't start. he started last year. batte is good enough to start and should if he's on varsity. he probably is the most skilled player on the team. if batte doesn't play 3-4 qtrs a night, he shouldn't be on varsity. he may be one of the best when its all said and done.

jtk
()

no talk about the game last night? i was there, and the highlanders may be better than i think. they have size, and more ability than thought. started a sr, so, fr, and 2 jr. and have a 6'10 coming off the bench. they should've won by a lot more than the 11 they won by. missed too many free throws, and lay ups. also, need to work on the press break as that was the only way west hi could score.'

where's killa, he could tell you something better than me. since he had all the answers now is nowhere to be found.

jtk
()

he has nice shot both inside and out. rebounds decent. he isn't very strong or aggressive.

jtk
()