Oak Hills votes for masking to be optional

My stance on this is changing due to the recent football games being canceled and so many healthy students having to quarantine at home instead of being in school. I would be okay with masks as long as it is during the classroom time only. It's not that difficult to wear a mask for 30 minutes in the air conditioning. You then take it off for a breather as you walk to your next class. Until they change the contact tracing rules, I am fine with a mask mandate for in classroom only, no other time.
More at risk in the hallways passing other students than at your desk several feet away from the next kid. The whole quarantine aspect is silly though. If you have symptoms stay home and rest, if not go about your life.

Why?

Every study indicates those who are vaccinated can still get COVID and also still spread COVID. Why should people who are not vaccinated be required to where a mask that does nothing to stop the spread of COVID?
Every study you talk about will also tell you that you can also get it while wearing a mask, at about the same rate as those who are vaccinated. Which is much lower then someone with neither. The only difference is that those who are vaccinated are getting seriously sick at a significantly lower rate then those who are not. I don’t care if you wear a mask or get vaccinated, your choice. But my point is if there is a mandate it should be either west a mask or get vaccinated.

You got to play by the silly rules until they change. I'm just tired of seeing healthy kids quarantined and have to stay home from school or miss an extracurricular event. If they are now saying wearing a mask prevents them from having to be quarantined, then everyone should wear a mask. Look at how many football games are being canceled. Elder has an advantage being smaller than some of these public schools with combined boys/girls where so many kids are getting tested and knock out there healthy classmates.

The new chart I've seen from my kid's school says the following:
-3+ ft apart, unmasked & unvaccinated, needs quarantine
-3+ ft apart, masked & vaccinated, no quarantine needed
-3+ ft apart, masked & unvaccinated, no quarantine
-3+ ft apart, unmasked & vaccinated, no quarantine

So keep the kids 3+ ft apart, which at Elder most desks already are and they're fine.

Why are these athletes getting tested? If you are sick stay home. A test won’t change that. Why shut down your team?
Who said athletes are being tested? They could be quarantined because they’re a close contact with someone else in their class who tested positive.

Last edited:
“Only one Big Blue football player tested positive for the coronavirus, but after school nurses did contact-tracing to find out who may have been exposed, 43 varsity and reserve players had to be quarantined.”
?That is directly from The Pulse Journal re: Hamilton canceling games. This really is so laughable. The world has lost its mind.

Last edited:
Just announced.

Ohio State University students, faculty, staff required to receive COVID-19 vaccine​

The first dose must be completed by Oct. 15 with the second by Nov. 15.

So keep the kids 3+ ft apart, which at Elder most desks already are and they're fine.
I saw this morning that the Dearborn County Health guy says that Lawrenceburg will be requiring Mask indoors including extracurriculars because the Delta Variant allegedly spreads so fast. This is a requirement when 3 feet of social Distancing not possible (almost every indoor sport). He was asked if the Variant spreads so fast how come the social Distancing was lowered from 6ft to 3ft. He couldn’t really give an answer. The Social Distancing and Mask stuff is total bs! If people want to get vaccinated cool, if they don’t cool but all the other stuff is just plain horse??!!

I see the School President at OSU is a Clown. Hopefully she gone soon!

Let's Keep it simple everybody.

COVID-19 has a 99.89% recovery rate for people under the age of 70. As long as you do not have any preconditions like diabetes, over weight etc. you are going to recover from this. The advancements in medicines to treat COVID has also help people who are hospitalized. Zink treatments and natural remedies along with a healthy life style are the best methods to get through COVID. COVID is not a death sentence. Yes, you will get sick and it sucks but you will recover.

The only thing that makes me question all this nonsense about mask, no mask, vaccinated, not vaccinated is how the media keeps pushing a certain narrative and how they censor all other information :(. Why is that? It sends up a red flag to me because there are just as many decorated doctors, virologist, immunologist who have done research to counter everything the media has told us about COVID for last 18 months and nothing is brought up.
Example: try typing in "How natural Herd Immunity can stop the COVID19 pandemic" (Do your own homework and use DuckDuckGo as your search engine because GOOGLE has pretty much banned other view points and yes always listen to your trusted doctor for what best suits you)

In a free country its the parents who know what's best for their kids, not the school board, Archdiocese or any other government agency. The whole pandemic thing has gotten out of hand. Now its all about using fear to control us and another unfortunate method to divide us.

We are definitely living through very interesting and somewhat unsettling times. Let's keep it cool everybody and respect other peoples opinion because it wasn't too long ago EHS2001 had to lock out a thread similar to this one because things got out of hand.

Its all good. :)

Last edited:
More at risk in the hallways passing other students than at your desk several feet away from the next kid. The whole quarantine aspect is silly though. If you have symptoms stay home and rest, if not go about your life.
Pretty simple thing to do for covid, flu, common cold, etc., but people still have a hard time doing so and have no problem getting other people sick. This bugged me even before covid.

"Latest CDC Ohio Covid hospitalization numbers for kids (approx 2 million+ Ohio kids 17/under in state): - current 7 day avg = 3 hospitalizations - down 32% from previous week of 5 - 0.13 per 100,000"

AGAIN, KIDS ARE NOT AT RISK!!!!!!!!!!!! Many of our problems are self-imposed...and we continue repeating them over and over again.

And to vaccinate this group (really any group under 60) but this group in particular, is not following any science whatsoever.

Oak Hill students sent home this week:

Oak Hills Local School district also had to pivot due to the heat wave. Students in Oak Hills High School, Delhi Middle School, Bridgetown Middle School, J.F. Dulles Elementary and Springmyer Elementary will work from home from Tuesday through Friday (Aug. 24-27) and return to in-person learning on Monday, Aug. 30.

Students have received Chromebooks to take home with them as well as their remote-learning schedule and instructions.
OHLSD Spokesperson Krista Ramsey said taxpayers would have to vote to build new schools there. Ramsey says the district will use COVID-19 relief funds on other district's needs.

That is good they changed it to 3 feet apart. That will help. Elder has a decent sized freshman/sophomore class so I don't know how many classrooms actually have desks 3 feet apart. Hopefully, the sports teams don't have players getting tested and knocking out teammates. I still don't think it's a big deal to wear the mask during the 30? minute class to avoid being quarantined. Yeah, I guess you could spread it walking the hallways, but that is not the contact tracing quarantine rule that knocks healthy kids out of class and off the field.

Oak Hill students sent home this week:

Oak Hills Local School district also had to pivot due to the heat wave. Students in Oak Hills High School, Delhi Middle School, Bridgetown Middle School, J.F. Dulles Elementary and Springmyer Elementary will work from home from Tuesday through Friday (Aug. 24-27) and return to in-person learning on Monday, Aug. 30.

Students have received Chromebooks to take home with them as well as their remote-learning schedule and instructions.
OHLSD Spokesperson Krista Ramsey said taxpayers would have to vote to build new schools there. Ramsey says the district will use COVID-19 relief funds on other district's needs.

They don't need to build a new school. They can install air conditioning without building a new school.

Example: try typing in "How nature Herd Immunity can stop the COVID19 pandemic" (Do your own homework and use DuckDuckGo as your search engine because GOOGLE has pretty much banned other view points and yes always listen to your trusted doctor for what best suits you)

I am curious if anyone's doctor on here has told them to NOT take the vaccine?

Only the new(est) portions of Oak Hills High School are air conditioned. Rapid Run Middle School, C.O. Harrison Elementary, Delshire Elementary and Oakdale Elementary aren't on the list of schools doing remote learning so I assume those 4 buildings are fully air conditioned.

I am curious if anyone's doctor on here has told them to NOT take the vaccine?

Our doc asked about the vax and we told him we had natural immunity. He replied "Oh good."

But there is this:

1629901692016.png

Let's Keep it simple everybody.

COVID-19 has a 99.89% recovery rate for people under the age of 70. As long as you do not have any preconditions like diabetes, over weight etc. you are going to recover from this. The advancements in medicines to treat COVID has also help people who are hospitalized. Zink treatments and natural remedies along with a healthy life style are the best methods to get through COVID. COVID is not a death sentence. Yes, you will get sick and it sucks but you will recover.

The only thing that makes me question all this nonsense about mask, no mask, vaccinated, not vaccinated is how the media keeps pushing a certain narrative and how they censor all other information :(. Why is that? It sends up a red flag to me because there are just as many decorated doctors, virologist, immunologist who have done research to counter everything the media has told us about COVID for last 18 months and nothing is brought up.
Example: try typing in "How nature Herd Immunity can stop the COVID19 pandemic" (Do your own homework and use DuckDuckGo as your search engine because GOOGLE has pretty much banned other view points and yes always listen to your trusted doctor for what best suits you)

In a free country its the parents who know what's best for their kids, not the school board, Archdiocese or any other government agency. The whole pandemic thing has gotten out of hand. Now its all about using fear to control us and another unfortunate method to divide us.

We are definitely living through very interesting and somewhat unsettling times. Let's keep it cool everybody and respect other peoples opinion because it wasn't too long ago EHS2001 had to lock out a thread similar to this one because things got out of hand.

Its all good. :)
People don’t realize what an absolutely amazing accomplishment it was to get the entire world’s broadcast, print and internet media to agree on the conspiracy you have uncovered. I can’t believe anything close to this scale has ever been undertaken. This makes the fake moon landing conspiracy look like child’s play.

People don’t realize what an absolutely amazing accomplishment it was to get the entire world’s broadcast, print and internet media to agree on the conspiracy you have uncovered. I can’t believe anything close to this scale has ever been undertaken. This makes the fake moon landing conspiracy look like child’s play.
Don't forget about 9-11 not really happening either. ;)
It's all good