NWOAL Pick'em Contest Week 3

I'm here for it, we can use the first two weeks as warm ups and get things kicked off this week.

September 3, 2021
Week 3 Pick Em:

Archbold @ Lake
Bryan @ Fairview
Paulding @ Delta
Ottawa Hills @ Evergreen
Otsego @ Liberty Center
Columbus Grove @ Patrick Henry
Rogers @ Swanton
Wauseon @ Napoleon

Picks in by 7:00pm on Fridays, edits allowed up until this time also.

Week 3 Pick Em:
Archbold
@ Lake - Streaks way too much for the Flyers
Bryan @ Fairview - Bears might be better than I thought
Paulding @ Delta - only because the Panthers are at home
Ottawa Hills @ Evergreen - Vikings win at home
Otsego @ Liberty Center - game of the week and a tossup in my mind so Tigers get enough at home
Columbus Grove @ Patrick Henry - Pats with a mild upset?
Rogers @ Swanton - Swanton is horrendous so going with the Rams
Wauseon @ Napoleon - Indians nudge by Cats in a close one

Week 3 Pick Em:
Archbold
@ Lake. Bluestreaks keep rolling.
Bryan @ Fairview. Bryan by a bunch.
Paulding @ Delta. Delta wins but I still ain't buying the hype.
Ottawa Hills @ Evergreen. Vikings start 3-0
Otsego @ Liberty Center. Otsego spoils the Tigers night. Upset pick of the week.
Columbus Grove @ Patrick Henry. Grove by 20+
Rogers @ Swanton. Swanton might not win a game.
Wauseon @ Napoleon. Wauseon gets back on track.

Archbold @ Lake
Bryan @ Fairview
Paulding @ Delta
Ottawa Hills @ Evergreen
Otsego @ Liberty Center
Columbus Grove
@ Patrick Henry
Rogers @ Swanton
Wauseon @ Napoleon

September 3, 2021
Week 3 Pick Em:

Archbold
Bryan
Delta
Evergreen
Liberty Center
Columbus Grove
Rogers
Wauseon

Archbold: Too much firepower
Bryan: I was impressed with what I saw the 2nd half week 1.
Delta: Paulding is bad
Evergreen: Could go either way
Otsego: Just a hunch
Grove: PH is good. Grove is better.
Rogers: Idk. They might find a way to both lose.
Wauseon: Napoleon is terrible

One of these games will likely surprise me but I see them as fairly lopsided games with the exception of Otsego @ LC.

Archbold @ Lake - Streaks continue with their winning ways
Bryan @ Fairview - Bryan by multiple scores
Paulding @ Delta - Green panthers tougher than purple panthers
Ottawa Hills @ Evergreen - Could be somewhat close but Vikings should pull it out
Otsego @ Liberty Center - Home opener for Tigers on new turf. Tigers win battle of trenches and pull off upset of #6 in D5
Columbus Grove @ Patrick Henry - PH will scrap and keep it close for awhile but Grove has a bit too much.
Rogers @ Swanton - Bad vs. Worse
Wauseon @ Napoleon - Indians bounce back in big way against a struggling Napoleon team

Blade article had them for 6 turnovers. That’ll do it.
Ouch. I heard they are more gun this year but still run boring WingT stuff. They should just pick something and stick with it instead of running 2 offensive systems. Hard to be good at both.

I think what everyone expected to happen to LC week 1 finally happened this week because Tinora was a little overhyped and Otsego can be the real deal. LC defense got some hits on the receivers and QB which kept them off just a little but when they get those things clicking and the Megaman cast off #12(whose mother I believe is from LC) I see no reason why this Otsego team shouldn't return to the Regional Championship game.
Some things finally caught up with LC with a first year QB, 3 first year RB's and all the new players across the line. Moore got his ankle hurt on a sideline hit the first drive of the game and was virtually ineffective the rest of the game-LC has spread the ball around a lot and Moore averaged 5.5 ypc with 2 scores last week so when that is taken away the offense struggled to keep Otsego honest.
The first two fumbles are inexcusable but the first two INT's were stud plays-#6 snagged a fast ball slant pass out of the air and #77(who I heard played out of his mind) recovered and grabbed a screen pass due to QB not putting any loft on the ball. I think LC bounces back this week with a W over Wauseon then sets up a great one @ Archbold in two weeks.

Archbold 41 Lake 14
Bryan 42 Fairview 12
Delta 49 Paulding 0
Ottawa Hills 49 Evergreen 14
Otsego 41 Liberty Center 20
Columbus Grove 19 Patrick Henry 14
Rogers 49 Swanton 0
Wauseon 20 Napoleon 14 OT

The league goes 4-4 this week and 15-9 overall in non-conference. I think the league would consider that a success.

Neversaynever 7-1
Dhsdog 7-1
ohiovstw419 7-1
Rolly67 6-2
Iroquois 6-2
Chipshot 6-2
lickingCF 5-3
det1var 5-3
Fayette79 5-3

Evergeen fooled us all with their 2-0 start, good news for Swanton is that Evg lost to Ottawa Hills worse than they did so in the words of Lloyd Christmas: "So you're telling me there's a chance!"

Last edited:
Boring Wing T....:rolleyes:

Coach Mohler luckily isn't getting paid to provide entertaining offenses for those on Yappi.
Lol. I will get plenty of entertainment watching the dirty play of LC and their cry baby fans in a couple weeks. I am just glad they are running 2 offensive systems and are very average at both. Toodles

Ouch. I heard they are more gun this year but still run boring WingT stuff. They should just pick something and stick with it instead of running 2 offensive systems. Hard to be good at both.
I'd say that "boring" wing T stuff has served LC pretty well. How many state final 4 appearances in the past 30 years? Six or seven? Wauseon had the state championship in the 90s but for the most part PH and LC are the only programs in the league with any real "State" caliber relevance.

I'd say that "boring" wing T stuff has served LC pretty well. How many state final 4 appearances in the past 30 years? Six or seven? Wauseon had the state championship in the 90s but for the most part PH and LC are the only programs in the league with any real "State" caliber relevance.
Sure did. Now that they are trying to run spread stuff half the time, they are not as good at it anymore. Probably less time spent practicing defense now also with the time committment to running 2 systems. Probably creates more tendencies as well. Just my honest opinion. And to be honest, the defense has been lacking. Archbold hung 42 on them last year

Evergeen fooled us all with their 2-0 start, good news for Swanton is that Evg lost to Ottawa Hills worse than they did so in the words of Lloyd Christmas: "So you're telling me there's a chance!"

I was pretty surprised by how much better Swanton did against Ottawa Hills. Swanton actually led at halftime.

Sure did. Now that they are trying to run spread stuff half the time, they are not as good at it anymore. Probably less time spent practicing defense now also with the time committment to running 2 systems. Probably creates more tendencies as well. Just my honest opinion. And to be honest, the defense has been lacking. Archbold hung 42 on them last year
It's interesting that your example of a lacking defense is allowing 42 points last year to the undefeated league champs who probably averaged close to 42 points the entire regular season. LC didn't allow anyone else over 30 points the rest of the season until Overtime in the 3rd round of the playoffs.
Let's break down the accusation of their offense being very average: through three games against the preseason pick to win Region 22, D4 Napoleon and the favorite to win Region 18 this below average offense is averaging 320 yards a game and 27 points. I think some teams would kill for those "very average" numbers.

It's interesting that your example of a lacking defense is allowing 42 points last year to the undefeated league champs who probably averaged close to 42 points the entire regular season. LC didn't allow anyone else over 30 points the rest of the season until Overtime in the 3rd round of the playoffs.
Lol. So giving up 42 points is OK now. Got it.
Let's break down the accusation of their offense being very average: through three games against the preseason pick to win Region 22, D4 Napoleon and the favorite to win Region 18 this below average offense is averaging 320 yards a game and 27 points. I think some teams would kill for those "very average" numbers.
How many times has their average offense turned the ball over this year? I read in the paper It was 6 Friday night.

No, but when a statement like that is made you need to defend it. You cherry picked one game from last year against an amazing team the LC lost by seven points and claim that their defense is down.
Then you jumped to a point that they had six turnovers Friday – I think they have had 12 so far in three games. They are very young with a quarterback who hasn’t played quarterback since seventh grade and lots of first-year varsity players. I would submit that the fact they are averaging almost 28 points a game in spite of all those turnovers as showing that their offense is all the more potent, especially considering who they have played.

LC is fine all in all, but I wouldn't be overly proud of holding Napoleon to 7.

Defiance is giving up 37 per game and that includes the Napoleon shutout. Napoleon's offense is just bad.

Archbold 3-0
Bryan 2-1
Delta 2-1
Evergreen 2-1
Liberty 2-1
PH 2-1
Wauseon 2-1
Swanton 0-3

League play starts this week, let's keep going on this thread-we can change the name to just NWOAL Pick'em if we need to.

Archbold @ Bryan
Wauseon @ Liberty Center
Swanton @ Patrick Henry
Evergreeen @ Delta