Notre Dame

-17 is a huge spread for #2 vs #5, although I think ND is inflated for this game. -13.5 is a huge spread for a game like this but if it got there I'd take.
Agree, ND might be 15th, but certainly not 5th. New untested head coach, new QB..... I'm not sure why they are ranked so high. They do have a pretty easy schedule.

They are that high because they are Notre Dame. There is NO reason for pre-season rankings, except for media talking heads to discuss ( giving them program material) and fans material for arguments. But, since this affects the final four, the polls should be done after week two or three.

Aside from the idiotic decision to blitz the Safeties on 3rd & 11 in the RZ, the Defense & Al Golden were outstanding. Very impressive considering the talent level isn’t close to what Freeman is currently recruiting.

The Offense sucked balls and Rees is not deserving of the insane hype he gets. Buchner was ok, hard to be too judgmental when the OL got their s**t pushed in almost every play. If Buchner doesn’t pan out, I don’t see how you can keep Rees

They are that high because they are Notre Dame. There is NO reason for pre-season rankings, except for media talking heads to discuss ( giving them program material) and fans material for arguments. But, since this affects the final four, the polls should be done after week two or three.
Really? 4 of the last 5 years they’ve finished ranked higher than their preseason rank.

Really? 4 of the last 5 years they’ve finished ranked higher than their preseason rank.
I was speaking of pre-season ratings in general.....for everyone, since they can have a direct effect on the playoffs. Take the poll later

The math is not in their favor. Historically they are over ranked.
We’ll see. If they run the table from here, they’ll be in the playoff. I doubt they’ll run the table, but it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

We’ll see. If they run the table from here, they’ll be in the playoff. I doubt they’ll run the table, but it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

What they do this year is not particularly relevant to the fact that they are historically overrated.

Aside from the idiotic decision to blitz the Safeties on 3rd & 11 in the RZ, the Defense & Al Golden were outstanding. Very impressive considering the talent level isn’t close to what Freeman is currently recruiting.

The Offense sucked balls and Rees is not deserving of the insane hype he gets. Buchner was ok, hard to be too judgmental when the OL got their s**t pushed in almost every play. If Buchner doesn’t pan out, I don’t see how you can keep Rees
Agree.

I was impressed with Buchner but perhaps that is because my expectations were low. He has a really nice delivery and threw some good balls. I was also impressed with the 230lbs. RB Estime.

Agree, it will be tough. After an off year by Clemson standards the Tigers should be pretty darn good and USC will be vastly improved with Riley at the helm.

Agreed.

The recruiting avenues that Freeman has opened up is what makes the future bright for ND. He is getting OSU level talent that Kelly didnt really press until Freeman showed up. 2 years from now, ND will be loaded all over the field. Something they havent been in a long while.

Agreed.

The recruiting avenues that Freeman has opened up is what makes the future bright for ND. He is getting OSU level talent that Kelly didnt really press until Freeman showed up. 2 years from now, ND will be loaded all over the field. Something they havent been in a long while.
Loaded is a bit too strong. As Orin pointed out, they had their best recruit de-commit, a 5* Edge rusher. For a while, it looked like their 5* Safety was also leaning that way, but it looks like he’s trending towards staying committed. The abuse of NIL is a real mother f’er. ND has as much $ as anyone, excluding Texas, A&M, and maybe Oregon. However, they’re following the rules, which seems to always screw them over. Frankly, as long as they don’t lower their academic requirements, I don’t see a problem giving a recruit $. If that’s how everyone else wants to do things, then that’s what you have to do to compete.

As long as Freeman is taking care of business on the field, they will close the talent gap with the top 3-4 programs substantially over the next few years.

As long as Freeman is taking care of business on the field, they will close the talent gap with the top 3-4 programs substantially over the next few years.
There’s no reason they can’t win at least 9 games this year. However, it is concerning they got big diked by the SEC schools with the Keeley de commitment

He runs hard, but he isn't really scary, like I would expect a QB to be, who is considered a runner. The LSU QB last night is scary as a runner.
He had no choice but to run. LSU’s OL was awful. I also saw where their start WR (Boute) removed LSU from his social media. What a pu**y. He dropped a TD and another pass but apparently he’s going to quit because he didn’t get enough touches. F’n baby.

He had no choice but to run. LSU’s OL was awful. I also saw where their start WR (Boute) removed LSU from his social media. What a pu**y. He dropped a TD and another pass but apparently he’s going to quit because he didn’t get enough touches. F’n baby.
Right, but he is far more dynamic than the ND QB. ND would kill LSU.

Also, if the broadcast did their job last night, they would’ve pointed out how Jarrett Patterson didn’t play after the 1st series. That’s not why ND lost but it would’ve added context as to why ND’s OL struggled.

Still early obviously but ND has a shot to run the table from here on out. Clemson did not look dominating at all and the jury is still out on USC..

Notre Dame offense still looks like trash, aside from Mayer. Can’t run the ball at all vs. Marshall.

This offense is hopeless. Disappointing. They need a whole new cast of players at QB, RB and WR (Lorenzo Styles is OK).

Brian Kelly must have known the offensive cupboard was going to be bare and bolted instead of staying to live out the consequences of his poor recruiting.