Notre Dame

Al Golden new DC.
Decent hire. Its early, but ND currently has the #1 class in ‘23. They desperately need one of their top 2 QB prospects to sign, either Dante Moore or Chris Vizzina. Moore seems the most likely of the two as it’s been a battle bw ND & Michigan for a while. I have to believe Michigan lost a lot of ground with Harbaugh’s embarrassing situation with the Vikings and Josh Gattis (the former OC) leaving for the U.

Decent hire. Its early, but ND currently has the #1 class in ‘23. They desperately need one of their top 2 QB prospects to sign, either Dante Moore or Chris Vizzina. Moore seems the most likely of the two as it’s been a battle bw ND & Michigan for a while. I have to believe Michigan lost a lot of ground with Harbaugh’s embarrassing situation with the Vikings and Josh Gattis (the former OC) leaving for the U.
Agree. Unsure how Freeman will be as a HC over time obviously BUT he is doing a lot of things right thus far. Learning from Tressel and Meyer will do that. I agree on the QB position but am thrilled that they are going after and getting some big name defensive guys. The teams with the best Dlines usually make it to the playoff.

Agree. Unsure how Freeman will be as a HC over time obviously BUT he is doing a lot of things right thus far. Learning from Tressel and Meyer will do that. I agree on the QB position but am thrilled that they are going after and getting some big name defensive guys. The teams with the best Dlines usually make it to the playoff.
If they get Moore, there’s a good chance they get Carnell Tate, the #1 WR in the class. However, if they don’t get Moore, Tate is going to Ohio St.

A lot of fans losing their s**t over scheduling an FBS team in TN St to start next year. I don’t get the big deal, is there much of a difference bw TN St and Umass or Rice?
Smarter to start with a team like that, than the beat down they take week 1 this year...

The ND 2023 schedule is really weird. They open week 0 in Ireland against Navy then have a week to adjust to jet lag and scrimm... I mean play a game against Tenn State. A lot of open Saturdays as they still need to slot in 3 away and 1 home ACC game. Will be interesting if they can keep an open date before hosting what will probably be a much improved USC program on 10/14. Also play Clemson on the road. That is 3 really big names from around the country on the schedule that year, truly a national brand.

Look for CJ Carr (Lloyd’s grandson) 5* QB in the class of ‘24 to commit to ND on Thursday. It will be a huge get for ND, especially as they’re still waiting on Dante Moore in the class of ‘23 to make a decision.

He’s not their starting QB, it’s Buchner who was out with a minor ankle injury.
Duh. But Pyne took the majority of the snaps and he would struggle to start at Toledo IMO.

Buchner is the starter but he is also someone who was not allowed to throw the ball last year and used almost exclusively as a runner. He will be a true sophomore who is one snap away from passing the keys to something worse.

Look for CJ Carr (Lloyd’s grandson) 5* QB in the class of ‘24 to commit to ND on Thursday. It will be a huge get for ND, especially as they’re still waiting on Dante Moore in the class of ‘23 to make a decision.
Great news. Still disappointed they did not get a quality transfer. I wonder if Carr committing (assuming he does) will affect Moore's decision?

Duh. But Pyne took the majority of the snaps and he would struggle to start at Toledo IMO.

Buchner is the starter but he is also someone who was not allowed to throw the ball last year and used almost exclusively as a runner. He will be a true sophomore who is one snap away from passing the keys to something worse.
It’s amazing Pyne had the most success against UC last year. A low bar, but amazing nonetheless.

Great news. Still disappointed they did not get a quality transfer. I wonder if Carr committing (assuming he does) will affect Moore's decision?
There’s different reports on that situation. Some believe Carr might reclassify to ‘23, but that seems unlikely. Carr said he wanted to start recruiting for his school, but the ‘23 class is almost filled.

They went on a major tear this week, getting 2 4* Corners, a 4*/5* OL, and a 4* WR. All top 250 players in the class.

If Freeman can keep this level of recruiting up, how much does this affect Kelly’s legacy? For a decade it was “we can’t recruit because of our academic standards” and 6 months after he’s gone it’s drastically different.
Kelly is a very good coach imo, but Freeman is exposing Kelly’s laziness in recruiting. That said, he still has to win on the field. The good news is is Texas can still land Arch Manning after going 5-7 and losing to f’n Kansas, ND should be able to keep this class together if they go 9-3/8-4

Kelly is a very good coach imo, but Freeman is exposing Kelly’s laziness in recruiting. That said, he still has to win on the field. The good news is is Texas can still land Arch Manning after going 5-7 and losing to f’n Kansas, ND should be able to keep this class together if they go 9-3/8-4
The recruiting experts always say on the field doesn’t matter, outside utter disasters, as much as the relationships. ND will be fine in keeping this class together.

The recruiting experts always say on the field doesn’t matter, outside utter disasters, as much as the relationships. ND will be fine in keeping this class together.
I think it depends on the coach. If Texas or ND have down years, I think that could hurt them bc neither coach has a proven track record. Clemson could weather the storm last yr bc Swinney’s success is well established.

Kelly should be able to put in a modest recruiting effort and still pull in major talent bc there’s so much in state talent in LA. That said, they’re not doing as well as they should for the ‘23 class. That’s subject to change, but they need to start moving. Kelly won’t get the long leash he had at ND. The SEC fans are irrational and can put pressure on Admin more than any other fanbase. Billy Napier is already being talked about as on the hot seat and he hasn’t coached a game. LSU isn’t going to put up with a 5-6 win season this yr and an 8 win season next year.

I think it depends on the coach. If Texas or ND have down years, I think that could hurt them bc neither coach has a proven track record. Clemson could weather the storm last yr bc Swinney’s success is well established.
probably a bigger deal for Sark who flamed out at USC previously vs. Freeman who is a young first time head coach but yeah that’s a good point.

The Texas NIL money had to be insane for Arch to go there. Texas hasn't really developed a good QB since Colt McCoy and Sarkisian really hasn't done much since he was QB coach for Carson Palmer

The Texas NIL money had to be insane for Arch to go there. Texas hasn't really developed a good QB since Colt McCoy and Sarkisian really hasn't done much since he was QB coach for Carson Palmer
What? He was the OC with Tua and Mac Jones at Bama. Also, it’s not like Arch needs the $.

Back to number 1 in the class of ‘23 with their recent commitment. This kid is a freak. Started since he was a Frosh at Austin Westlake, where they’ve won 3 straight state titles in the highest division in Texas. Early comparison is Michael Floyd,

Back to number 1 in the class of ‘23 with their recent commitment. This kid is a freak. Started since he was a Frosh at Austin Westlake, where they’ve won 3 straight state titles in the highest division in Texas. Early comparison is Michael Floyd,

even for pick and choose highlights those look darn good.