Norwayne vrs NMS

Yes, why would it not be? The 2nd round of the playoffs is a home game for the higher seed just like round 1.
I just wondered because alot of fields up here are tore up and unplayable from last week and being changed to different fields . Just didn't want to drive 2 hours and not be at the right place lol.

I just wondered because alot of fields up here are tore up and unplayable from last week and being changed to different fields . Just didn't want to drive 2 hours and not be at the right place lol.
I wondered that as well as having two home games and poor fields may be an unintended consequence of the new format.

I believe it will be a crapshoot for as long as it stays this way.

Great 2nd round matchup. Both teams lost some people from last years matchup. Norwayne is very big and physical up front. Coaching staff is solid. This should be a heck of a game.

Great 2nd round matchup. Both teams lost some people from last years matchup. Norwayne is very big and physical up front. Coaching staff is solid. This should be a heck of a game.
I watched a couple Norwayne games online and they are certainly large up front. One thing that I think will help Springfield is that they are bigger up front (especially on defense) than they were last year. Both teams have very good skill. I predict a great game.

Great point. Easy to focus on the rematch, the stud QB, the "large" Oline, the shutout streak, but the COACHING matchup in this one is really intriguing. Both staffs have been some of the most impressive in NE Ohio the last few years. Springfield can distract you with the trick plays, but their overall scheme puts so much pressure on the defense. Norwayne is more blunt force this year, but also sneaky athletic. Their coach also realized they needed more competition than their league could provide (aside from Dalton) and put together a tremendous schedule. Kinda like Springfield playing South Range.

Think Springfield's passing game will give them an edge, but this is one of those games that's a week early. If Norwayne hadn't had some bad snaps against Dalton they're probably the 3 or 4 seed in the region.

Gonna be FUN!!

Great point. Easy to focus on the rematch, the stud QB, the "large" Oline, the shutout streak, but the COACHING matchup in this one is really intriguing. Both staffs have been some of the most impressive in NE Ohio the last few years. Springfield can distract you with the trick plays, but their overall scheme puts so much pressure on the defense. Norwayne is more blunt force this year, but also sneaky athletic. Their coach also realized they needed more competition than their league could provide (aside from Dalton) and put together a tremendous schedule. Kinda like Springfield playing South Range.

Think Springfield's passing game will give them an edge, but this is one of those games that's a week early. If Norwayne hadn't had some bad snaps against Dalton they're probably the 3 or 4 seed in the region.

Gonna be FUN!!
Since brungard started coaching with their head coach they’ve been very very well coached, doesn’t surprise me with how great he was at Poland for all those years. My question is after this season does he go get a job somewhere or does he stop coaching all together

it’s surprising to me that with how affordable turf is now that more schools don’t have it.
"Affordable".

Most fall down that rabbit hole because it is 'free' because of donations, fundraisers, etc and will save them tens of thousands of dollars per year in field maintenance.

Until it needs replaced a decade down the road and everyone is looking at one other in 'who is going to pay for this'?

In reality, the 'savings' each year in maintenance needs to be put away for the replacement cost down the road. If you take away the initial "free" field for the school it isnt so 'affordable'

"Affordable".

Most fall down that rabbit hole because it is 'free' because of donations, fundraisers, etc and will save them tens of thousands of dollars per year in field maintenance.

Until it needs replaced a decade down the road and everyone is looking at one other in 'who is going to pay for this'?

In reality, the 'savings' each year in maintenance needs to be put away for the replacement cost down the road. If you take away the initial "free" field for the school it isnt so 'affordable'
It’s a lot cheaper to replace, most of the money the first time around is the ground work

Since brungard started coaching with their head coach they’ve been very very well coached, doesn’t surprise me with how great he was at Poland for all those years. My question is after this season does he go get a job somewhere or does he stop coaching all together
Word on the street from my siblings who still are in high school is that he’s gonna be done after this year. He has a younger daughter who is an outstanding athlete and he wants to be able to see her games and meets and whatnot. Not sure if that’s true though.

It’s a lot cheaper to replace, most of the money the first time around is the ground work
Yep. As with most construction projects, folks tend to forget about those portions of the job that get covered up. If done properly, that's a "one time" cost.
"Affordable".

This is absolutely true. Know a few ADs who were in "office" when their schools installed turf. They purposely set the fund-raising target above the initial project cost to give them a nest egg for 8-10 year replacement/upgrade. One of them said that between the nest egg, the cost savings and the ability to "rent" the field out they covered the replacement cost within 3 years of installation.

Side note - the AD who saved all that money was a former coach who had no clue how to set the project up and enlisted the help of a local business owner/alum of the school. I remember thinking it was a great reminder of how the smartest people are the ones who are willing to say "I need help."

Last edited:
"Affordable".

It’s a lot cheaper in the long run.

Word on the street from my siblings who still are in high school is that he’s gonna be done after this year. He has a younger daughter who is an outstanding athlete and he wants to be able to see her games and meets and whatnot. Not sure if that’s true though.

He will have two playing college football next year, one at YSU, one at Grove City, plus his daughter. My bet is you will see him in the stands, or perhaps on the sidelines with the Penguins!

He will have two playing college football next year, one at YSU, one at Grove City, plus his daughter. My bet is you will see him in the stands, or perhaps on the sidelines with the Penguins!
Yes! So much talent in that family. Good, genuine people too. My siblings specifically said though that since he’s spent so many years with his sons and their athletics he wants to focus more on his daughter and her athletics as she starts high school next fall.

Yep. As with most construction projects, folks tend to forget about those portions of the job that get covered up. If done properly, that's a "one time" cost.

This is absolutely true. Know a few ADs who were in "office" when their schools installed turf. They purposely set the fund-raising target above the initial project cost to give them a nest egg for 8-10 year replacement/upgrade. One of them said that between the nest egg, the cost savings and the ability to "rent" the field out they covered the replacement cost within 3 years of installation.

Side note - the AD who saved all that money was a former coach who had no clue how to set the project up and enlisted the help of a local business owner/alum of the school. I remember thinking it was a great reminder of how the smartest people are the ones who are willing to say "I need help."
Cloverleaf just replaced it’s turf this year. The AD started saving for the replacement as soon as the turf went in. It was dramatically cheaper the second time around.