Northwest Ohio Realignment

Elyria Catholic applied to the Sandusky Bay Conference recently according to reports. Would create a 5-6-8 setup which is super sustainable.
2022 competitive balanced boys enrollment

Norwalk - 362
Columbian - 353
Sandusky - 350
Clyde - 275
Perkins - 249

Bellevue - 243
Vermillion - 229
Elyria Catholic - 222
Port Clinton - 195
Edison - 163
Huron - 157

Willard - 199
Lakota - 144
Margaretta - 139
Woodmore - 119
Hopewell-Loudon - 115
Gibsonburg - 111
St. Joe - 67
Calvert - 52

Didn't realize these two have gotten this small. How long until they go the way of St. Wendelin?
Its surprising too about Fremont St. Joe's. I had heard their tuition is about half of the Toledo Catholic high schools. Its 1/3 to 1/4 of Catholic high schools in other states.

Its surprising too about Fremont St. Joe's. I had heard their tuition is about half of the Toledo Catholic high schools. Its 1/3 to 1/4 of Catholic high schools in other states.
Probably has more to do with Fremont's population being in decline in the younger ages. They've lost about 2,000 people in Fremont population since 2000. That's tough to handle in a city with 18,000 people at its max.

Almost all.of that growth has been in the Columbus metro or the city itself. Columbus will likely have 1 million people in the city by 2030.
Butler and Warren Counties (immediately north of Cincinnati) have gained approximately 100,000 people combined since 2000.

I would also add that Columbus is one of the largest cities by land area in the nation, so that specific city is built to grow in a way that others cannot. The Ohio section of the Cincinnati MSA and the Columbus MSA are growing at roughly the same rates (9.9% and 10.2% respectively) over the last 20 years.

WHOA.....confirmed? About time. League was doing them favor letting them play football as long as they did, did no favors for the league when they showed up every Friday. Does this change things now in their league. Seems like they've lost a lot of their smaller schools over the last few years.
Confirmed. Out of the league for football for the '23-'24 school year.

So that's what, 7 football members once LB leaves? It'll be interesting to see if they can find an 8th.
Makes you wonder how Elmwood is feeling right now too...7 team conference isn't a wonderful setup by any means. They've never had to deal with getting games out of conference in Week 9 or 10 before.

So that's what, 7 football members once LB leaves? It'll be interesting to see if they can find an 8th.
There literally is no legit 8th option:
1. Ask an old member to come back Hardin Northen, Leipsic, North Baltimore, Cory-Rawson
2. LB was not kicked out, they "voluntarily" left, I have said from the start that I think they will be end up staying.
3. Tell Elmwood they are no longer welcome and roll with 6 members

I'm hearing that Vanlue's AD is already working on an independent football schedule for next year. What a short-notice kick in the teeth. Don't these kinds of decisions usually give two or so years to unfold so it's not such a disaster to handle?

I'd love to see Elmwood come back to the NBC, but I don't know how realistic that option is.

There literally is no legit 8th option:
1. Ask an old member to come back Hardin Northen, Leipsic, North Baltimore, Cory-Rawson
2. LB was not kicked out, they "voluntarily" left, I have said from the start that I think they will be end up staying.
3. Tell Elmwood they are no longer welcome and roll with 6 members
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better

I get that there is some pride at Vanlue, but I've always felt they were a bit selfish with football. Do you think these other schools, or coaching staffs, wanted to play against a team with 11-12 players? For an opposing coach Vanlue week had to be a nightmare. It's just an absolute no-win situation.

Now they need to do the right thing and go to 8-man.