Northwest Ohio Realignment

Thi
Or they could join the NBC where they would be bigger than Genoa and only 4 boys smaller than Eastwood. The truth is everyone wants to be the big school. Same story in Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne, Bryan, and Wauseon. (Maumee even just pulled it off somehow) Just don’t expect anyone to be impressed by LB’s “great seasons” beating teams with half as many kids for 7+ weeks and losing competitive games to teams their own size in the playoffs. I root for teams like Napoleon, Archbold, PH, even Mccomb, teams that have to punch above their weight to win the league, I think most of us do.
This ^^^ x100

As the defender of all things BVC, here are some fun facts.
LB hasnt played Vanlue in football since 2013 the league designed it to keep the biggest and smallest away from each other. So there is no reason to worry about how bored the LB parents might be at those games.
For the 2017 and 18 seasons LB was in division 6 while league mate VB was in division 5, strange that no one seemed hellbent on kicking them out of the league.
In both 2017 and 2014 LB gave the state champ in their division the closest playoff score they would have (yes I know it’s not a perfect way to measure things, but it’s something)
Even if LB joined the NWC, if they won they would have to be kicked out, because they are the largest and lord knows that league will kick you out if you win too much.
So I guess LB will just have to stay in the BVC, where since 2000 they have won 7 state championships in a variety of sports, gee imagine how many they would have with a better league! lol
Its not just football. Look up all the rest.. boys and girls.. truth is they should be embarrassed when they don't win. I have been around the BVC for the better part of 40+ years. I remember when LB was just another hick county school (like all the rest of them ) that was the door mat of the league. Never lost to them in football and only once in basketball in 4 years.

Pure and simple they benefit from the open enrollment. Look what happened when they put OG on the schedule for boys bball... yep that ended quick.

Can't stand going there. Thankfully I never have to give them another dime. Rather take a beating from a 2x4.

As the defender of all things BVC, here are some fun facts.
LB hasnt played Vanlue in football since 2013 the league designed it to keep the biggest and smallest away from each other. So there is no reason to worry about how bored the LB parents might be at those games.
For the 2017 and 18 seasons LB was in division 6 while league mate VB was in division 5, strange that no one seemed hellbent on kicking them out of the league.
In both 2017 and 2014 LB gave the state champ in their division the closest playoff score they would have (yes I know it’s not a perfect way to measure things, but it’s something)
Even if LB joined the NWC, if they won they would have to be kicked out, because they are the largest and lord knows that league will kick you out if you win too much.
So I guess LB will just have to stay in the BVC, where since 2000 they have won 7 state championships in a variety of sports, gee imagine how many they would have with a better league! lol
All things BVC or what is best for LB?

Well let’s take a look at the rest of NWO, how many other school have 7 state championship trophies in the case since 2000? Guessing it’s a pretty small list
Clearly LB benefits from open enrollment, (I have heard they end up near a net zero with the number of kids that leave the district for Findlay, idk if it’s accurate or how to look it up)
BUT their success has nothing to do with CR or NB struggling to field a team, seeing as McComb can with state championships with not many more kids.
Yes, if they continue to grow LB will outgrow the BVC, but as of now they fit and the more succes they have at the state level the better it makes the entire league look. It’s like the Yankees or Cowboys, everyone hates them, but they bring the most eyeballs and have the highest value. The BVC benefits from the state exposure and revenue they bring it, so yes currently what is best for LB is also best for the BVC, if they want to be taken seriously. If not they will be the NWCC, which is arguably they worst collection of high school teams in the state.

Well let’s take a look at the rest of NWO, how many other school have 7 state championship trophies in the case since 2000? Guessing it’s a pretty small list
Clearly LB benefits from open enrollment, (I have heard they end up near a net zero with the number of kids that leave the district for Findlay, idk if it’s accurate or how to look it up)
BUT their success has nothing to do with CR or NB struggling to field a team, seeing as McComb can with state championships with not many more kids.
Yes, if they continue to grow LB will outgrow the BVC, but as of now they fit and the more succes they have at the state level the better it makes the entire league look. It’s like the Yankees or Cowboys, everyone hates them, but they bring the most eyeballs and have the highest value. The BVC benefits from the state exposure and revenue they bring it, so yes currently what is best for LB is also best for the BVC, if they want to be taken seriously. If not they will be the NWCC, which is arguably they worst collection of high school teams in the state.
Explain to me how any other bvc school benefits revenue wise from liberty benton's state wide success? Liberty Benton's open enrollment gains have way more to do with the type of athletes coming in via open enrollment not those going to findlay high school for educational opportunities

Explain to me how any other bvc school benefits revenue wise from liberty benton's state wide success? Liberty Benton's open enrollment gains have way more to do with the type of athletes coming in via open enrollment not those going to findlay high school for educational opportunities
In the absence of open enrollment this L-B thing reminds me of Van Buren back in the mid-80's. In the days of Chad Keller and Steve Endicott et al most of the other BVC schools resented VB as a bunch of preppies and valley girls. I don't know what their enrollment was then although I believe it was larger then than it is nowadays. I'm not sure where I stand on the L-B competitive imbalance thing. While the BVC does pretty well considering the size of several member schools I don't know how L-B switching leagues would change things that much although some sports might balance out better vs better competition. One look at the BVC site shows that it's basically L-B all the time in track and the all-sports trophy. I'm old enough to recall L-B struggling a lot so I don't begrudge them their success, fortunes can change quickly. The demographics of the Findlay area haven't varied much and Findlay in particular has done pretty well as far as economic development. I don't see that changing in the near future but I didn't see Fostoria turning into a ghost town coming until it was well under way. As far as competition is concerned I think that the track program seeks out ways to schedule Eastwood and other heavy hitters like Columbus Grove and Bluffton or maybe it was just Jack Quisno's preference. That being said the boys track team hasn't really recovered from going up to D-II.

All I know is that I've never had a bad experience at a L-B athletic event. They run a class athletic department and that can be chalked to the late Dean Butler.

From LB website

Liberty-Benton Local Schools has participated in Ohio’s widely used open enrollment program since the 2010-2011 school year. Our district enrollment is currently at 1451 students in grades K-12. We have 309 students who are open enrolled from various school districts. Conversely, we have 104 students who are open enrolled out of our district.

If I was a homeowner in LB I would not be happy that they have open enrollment. If they stopped open enrollment their property value would go up quite a bit as people that want their kids to go to school their would be forced to buy a house w/i the district. Plus they are paying higher taxes to build new school buildings that are bigger (more costly) to educated kids from other districts (mostly Findlay).

All I know is that I've never had a bad experience at a L-B athletic event. They run a class athletic department and that can be chalked to the late Dean Butler.
No one is debating the quality of LB's athletic department. They run a great program, and do a great job of hosting state tournament events. The conversation around them is that they simply no longer belong in the BVC. From the perspective of many people familiar with the situation, it would benefit both parties if LB would look for a larger league

From LB website

Liberty-Benton Local Schools has participated in Ohio’s widely used open enrollment program since the 2010-2011 school year. Our district enrollment is currently at 1451 students in grades K-12. We have 309 students who are open enrolled from various school districts. Conversely, we have 104 students who are open enrolled out of our district.

If I was a homeowner in LB I would not be happy that they have open enrollment. If they stopped open enrollment their property value would go up quite a bit as people that want their kids to go to school their would be forced to buy a house w/i the district. Plus they are paying higher taxes to build new school buildings that are bigger (more costly) to educated kids from other districts (mostly Findlay).
Thank you, I guess that was easy to find. It would be interesting to know if they are getting kids from Findlay or the surrounding schools. I would totally get why CR or McComb would be pissed if LB was poaching their talent.
As far as money, I have no way of knowing this, but common sense tells me that a home game with LB brings in way more away fans, probably more home fans to cheer against the sand pounding Priks, plus who doesn’t enjoy the chance to be David knocking off Goliath
But if the BVC schools would be happier to see NB and their dozen fans coming to town, then my all means kick them out and rescind the offer to Elmwood, because you can’t handle schools that size and if you are lucky CR and NB won’t leave!

On the woman’s side LB is pretty dominate, no argument there, BUT the volleyball team referenced was the state champion! And the basketball team would have won most small school leagues in the state.
Is it good for the league? Depends on what the goal is, if a league is designed to provide good local competition and prepare schools for the state tournament - then yes
If the goal is to make every game close and all schools have an equal chance to win league titles, then no probably not.

LB has had talks with the NBC the past couple of years and we’re told the NBC was not interested inviting LB to join mostly due to the success of girls sports and 2 schools from the NBC would not vote for LB to join. The WBL is at 10 teams and not looking to add teams. When the NWC was expanding they also didn’t have any interest in extending an invite to LB. These are really the only 3 league options available in the area. I would venture to bet anyone associated with LB sports would agree exploring change would be a good thing. As stated options look very limited at this time. What makes zero sense is the league voted to add Elmwood who is comparable in size to LB and have no issues with VB also comparable in size but want nothing to do with LB. So clearly it’s less about size and more about success that league foes are worried about. I expect talks to continue to escalate this week as the league schools look at options to remove LB at this time.

LB has had talks with the NBC the past couple of years and we’re told the NBC was not interested inviting LB to join mostly due to the success of girls sports and 2 schools from the NBC would not vote for LB to join. The WBL is at 10 teams and not looking to add teams. When the NWC was expanding they also didn’t have any interest in extending an invite to LB. These are really the only 3 league options available in the area. I would venture to bet anyone associated with LB sports would agree exploring change would be a good thing. As stated options look very limited at this time. What makes zero sense is the league voted to add Elmwood who is comparable in size to LB and have no issues with VB also comparable in size but want nothing to do with LB. So clearly it’s less about size and more about success that league foes are worried about. I expect talks to continue to escalate this week as the league schools look at options to remove LB at this time.
As you said, kicking LB out after adding Elmwood makes minimal sense. Perhaps the BVC liked the idea of slightly larger school that add stability to a league with cancelation issues?
I would venture to guess if the BVC wanted LB gone they would have done it when CR and NB bolted to another league.

As you said, kicking LB out after adding Elmwood makes minimal sense. Perhaps the BVC liked the idea of slightly larger school that add stability to a league with cancelation issues?
I would venture to guess if the BVC wanted LB gone they would have done it when CR and NB bolted to another leag

Interesting. (Sorry LJ, had to do it).
No harm, no foul.

So lets say BVC kicks LB out and no other league wants them do you think the NLL would take them (and LB willing to join NLL?) to get the 2 divisions they so badly want. Oddly Napoleon only has 4 more girls than LB but 98 boys. Through the next few years their enrollment gap will shrink against the other small NLL schools.

No I am not expecting or predicting any of this to happen just throwing it out there on a quest for 200 pages. :p

So lets say BVC kicks LB out and no other league wants them do you think the NLL would take them (and LB willing to join NLL?) to get the 2 divisions they so badly want. Oddly Napoleon only has 4 more girls than LB but 98 boys. Through the next few years their enrollment gap will shrink against the other small NLL schools.

No I am not expecting or predicting any of this to happen just throwing it out there on a quest for 200 pages. :p
the BVC isn't kicking L-B out

I would venture to guess if the BVC wanted LB gone they would have done it when CR and NB bolted to another league.
Maybe the little schools have had some "buyers remorse " . Possibly after asking CR and NB to leave some of the others looked around and said "oh wait!? now we're the smallest " uh oh!!
Heard the big fish (es) wanted to bring in another "bigger fish" just slightly to the east. Could this have set the wheels in motion to turn things around?

LB's Male enrollment the last 4 time: 163, 177, 140, 165. What does it mean, I have no idea? They could be growing a lot, a little or not much at all?

2020 boys adj enrollments. LB 199 Van Buren 150 Riverdale 134 McComb 95 N.Baltimore 85 Arlington 79 Arcadia 74 CR 69 PG 65 Vanlue 37

I can’t imagine Arcadia and PG will be very happy once Elmwood comes along.

Everyone talks about PG and I don't get it. They compete really well. He'll it was just in 2018 they were 10-0 and beat eventual state champ McComb (along with LB, who had a losing season.)

They compete better with their 65 boys than VB or Riverdale do.

Everyone talks about PG and I don't get it. They compete really well. He'll it was just in 2018 they were 10-0 and beat eventual state champ McComb (along with LB, who had a losing season.)

They compete better with their 65 boys than VB or Riverdale do.
Very true. I always thought Riverdale and Willard would be a good fit in the N-10 since you know there should be ten schools in a league called the N-10.