474 - Perkins
432 - Rossford
400 - Oak Harbor
398 - Fostoria
362 - Eastwood
361 - Lake
358 - Otsego
341 - Genoa

Perkins, and certainly Sandusky, are not a better fit.
On paper, Maumee should dominate this league

I had the privilege of watching two kids from Toledo who both started in the Chargers/Steelers game the other night. Both Whitmer products. They had a third alum on one of the coaching staffs. Legit program.............and yet they are running away from the competition. Whitmer's whole program is built similarly on how private school programs are built, even though it's illegal for them to do it. It's not illegal for privates to recruit students from all over the region, that's why they're private. Still have to pay tuition. Whitmer has been caught recruiting and punished for it. They still do it, especially now with their new open enrollment policy. Point being, I really don't understand why they would run away from the competition when they do the exact same thing as the privates! Don't try to crown yourselves king of the area when you dominate the NLL. To be the best, you have to beat the best and the NLL ain't it.

I had the privilege of watching two kids from Toledo who both started in the Chargers/Steelers game the other night. Both Whitmer products. They had a third alum on one of the coaching staffs. Legit program.............and yet they are running away from the competition. Whitmer's whole program is built similarly on how private school programs are built, even though it's illegal for them to do it. It's not illegal for privates to recruit students from all over the region, that's why they're private. Still have to pay tuition. Whitmer has been caught recruiting and punished for it. They still do it, especially now with their new open enrollment policy. Point being, I really don't understand why they would run away from the competition when they do the exact same thing as the privates! Don't try to crown yourselves king of the area when you dominate the NLL. To be the best, you have to beat the best and the NLL ain't it.
Stop trying bucc. Your social comments on here long ago made your opinions porous and made your disgusting mindset apparent. It's not possible for you to put anyone on the defensive, no one that has seen your history will feel a need to defend let alone the inadequacy of your formulaic attempt.

Now stop acting like a jilted lover. The act is making you even more pathetic. Go find a new one. That's how you'll survive. Hell, find twins. Even better for the heart. Or the pancreas. I forget which.

Counterpoint: Whitmer has not robbed $900,000 from its “competition” schools.

Has Lima Senior found a home yet? If not, where is their most likely destination?

All I've heard for them is either football to the NLL, independent otherwise, or potentially joining the TCL.

And that's it. That's their only options.

I think they’ll end up being independent for a while.

Yeah, there's just no real fit out there for them. We can argue why, but the WBL is a no go. I think their best fit is the MVL, or at least something with the northern MVL schools. But that's a no with them at 10 and no clear 12th. Can't see the City League actually expanding to Lima when their budgets are limited as is.

The ONLY option is if the NLL gets desperate for a 12th in football, but the other sports will for sure be independent for a long while.

Yeah, there's just no real fit out there for them. We can argue why, but the WBL is a no go. I think their best fit is the MVL, or at least something with the northern MVL schools. But that's a no with them at 10 and no clear 12th. Can't see the City League actually expanding to Lima when their budgets are limited as is.

The ONLY option is if the NLL gets desperate for a 12th in football, but the other sports will for sure be independent for a long while.
I currently live in the MVL footprint (originally from Lima area), and there is no way the MVL will accept them. If the MVL were to expand, it would be south of Dayton (Bellbrook, Franklin). The MVL was created by the 10 smaller GWOC schools breaking off and not inviting Trotwood Madison (probably for some of the same reasons Lima will not be invited into the WBL), so I don’t see them getting into that league.

All I've heard for them is either football to the NLL, independent otherwise, or potentially joining the TCL.

And that's it. That's their only options.
I heard they had a meeting with the TCL but only way I see that happening is TCL consolidates another school and goes down to 5 schools and needs a 6th. Unless the NLL finds another school I believe they will be football only school because NLL needs to divisions for football as BG and Nap don't want to play Whit, Findlay and Perrysburg.

I can see them being in a scheduling alliance with the City League but not necessarily becoming a member. Most of the sports are on par with the TCL. It would help both parties.
It's not as if they didn't have their wins in the TRAC. As they would in the TCL and any new Private Conf that might pop up. This year alone they beat SJJ and Clay. It's a travel issue and a travel issue alone. The rest is people trying to pretend it's not a travel issue. At least as far as the TRAC/NLL/TCL footprint. Can't speak to reasons and issues down in the WBL land.

Lima Sr. getting treated like Winton Woods in SW Ohio a while back

Nah. There's just no fit for Lima. A mix of too big, not competitive enough in sports that aren't basketball, and not bringing enough fans for the WBL. The gap in size between them and 2nd biggest Wapak is as big as the gap between Wapak and the league's smallest, Bath. That would be a no go in a lot in leagues.

And the travel from Toledo to Lima, while an easy shot down 75, IS 77 miles which gets crazy when you're doing it multiple times in every sport every year.

I think they're in a decent spot though. They could form some kind of scheduling alliance with the TCL to fill any openings week 1-5 (especially week 4 and 5), if the NLL can't find a 12th there will be schools with an opening every week there. If the Toledo privates can't find a home, they're available. Then schools like Trotwood and LCC could fill any slot week 6-10. They'll fill a full schedule with ease, and I think it'll benefit their basketball program to be independent.

As talked about, I still see them ultimately taking the 12th, football only spot in the NLL, once their last ditch efforts to either add a school (Defiance is a no, Tiffin likely says no) fizzle out and assuming BG/Napoleon don't leave. It's not a bad trip if you're making it Friday nights in the fall, and I don't see the small school division objecting to Lima Senior football.

I think the biggest question here is the NLL finding a 12th school. No way they go forward with 11. Who is the short list of schools they could have the best chance at getting from another league? Sandusky? Tiffin Columbian?

And the travel from Toledo to Lima, while an easy shot down 75, IS 77 miles which gets crazy when you're doing it multiple times in every sport every year.

I think they're in a decent spot though. They could form some kind of scheduling alliance with the TCL to fill any openings week 1-5 (especially week 4 and 5), if the
What is the upside for the TCL to do that? And what is a scheduling "alliance?"

What is the upside for the TCL to do that? And what is a scheduling "alliance?"

Gives one extra team to play week 4 and 5, especially if the SBC ever starts crossovers.

"Alliance" in this case would more just lock Lima into playing TCL teams week 4 and 5, whether it's teams that also show interest or the TCL picks them. That would leave 5 per week instead of 6 looking for games on the 2 hardest week's to schedule.

I think the biggest question here is the NLL finding a 12th school. No way they go forward with 11. Who is the short list of schools they could have the best chance at getting from another league? Sandusky? Tiffin Columbian?
Those two or Maumee comes back but don't see it happening for any of them. Other option that unlikely to happen pull in Waseon, Defiance and Bryan. I think NLL is much more likely to lose a school and go to 10 then find a 12th.