Northwest Ohio Realignment

So how many of the Vanlue 12 were seniors? Will they be begging kids to play again next year or will they finally go to 8 man or no football at all?

SBC really should have tried harder to take any combination of Ashland, Mansfield, Madison, and Lexington when the OCC was at 7.

Even 2 of them slotted into the Lake right now would have solved the problem, and I could have seen a nice 8-6-8 or 7-7-8 split if all came in.

SBC really should have tried harder to take any combination of Ashland, Mansfield, Madison, and Lexington when the OCC was at 7.

Even 2 of them slotted into the Lake right now would have solved the problem, and I could have seen a nice 8-6-8 or 7-7-8 split if all came in.
The SBC is a lot like the old NOL was. They think they're just fine and refuse to consider anyone else.

The SBC is a lot like the old NOL was. They think they're just fine and refuse to consider anyone else.
I see Edison and Huron getting left out to dry. Both of them will be come to small for the other 8 to compete and will have nowhere to go but the River that I’m sure those schools want no part of. Hurons lower level enrollments will have them in Div. 5 soon. Edison isn’t far from Div. 5 right now

As I said before - the leaders of these schools did not do a very good job of protecting their league. It doesn’t seem like they were every aggressive on going after schools. They allowed Woodmore to take well over a year to finally accept an invitation.

As I said before - the leaders of these schools did not do a very good job of protecting their league. It doesn’t seem like they were every aggressive on going after schools. They allowed Woodmore to take well over a year to finally accept an invitation.
The SBC should have kidnapped some Woodmore folks and held them hostage to force a quicker decision.

In my opinion with personal dealings with the SBC, it lacks A LOT of the organization other conferences do. Just really ran by a lot of old school guys

It’s funny because they had Fremont begging them to accept them for years and every excuse in the book came out to deny them.

I can easily see the bottom 8-10 members breaking off to form their own league. Which will make the “new” bottom schools leftover bolting for something that suits them better. Which will really screw over the predominant Lake schools.

It’s funny because they had Fremont begging them to accept them for years and every excuse in the book came out to deny them.

I can easily see the bottom 8-10 members breaking off to form their own league. Which will make the “new” bottom schools leftover bolting for something that suits them better. Which will really screw over the predominant Lake schools.
So...it begs to wonder, with a league with an open spot left with similar sized schools, would Tiffin become the 12th NLL member?

Perhaps not that much trouble. CR is leaving totally, and NB is dropping out of the football portion of the league. Yes, Arcadia is not great, and Vanlue is terrible (but really how more years can they play?)
Soon it will be:
LB and Elmwood D5
Riverdale and VB D6
McComb, Arlington, PG, Arcadia, Vanlue D7
Definitely some dead weight at the bottom, but really where would those school play and actually be competitive?

In my opinion with personal dealings with the SBC, it lacks A LOT of the organization other conferences do. Just really ran by a lot of old school guys
I have been told that the SBC is basically ran by Clyde, who refuses to let Fremont Ross in, but then criticize Bay schools for not playing them in football. From my understanding if Clyde would of gotten its way on cross over games in the bay, they would have never made the playoffs in 2019 which means no state championship. Don't know if this is true but have heard it from several different people.

I have been told that the SBC is basically ran by Clyde, who refuses to let Fremont Ross in, but then criticize Bay schools for not playing them in football. From my understanding if Clyde would of gotten its way on cross over games in the bay, they would have never made the playoffs in 2019 which means no state championship. Don't know if this is true but have heard it from several different people.
I've heard that too. For some reason Clyde gets 22 votes and everybody else only get 1 each.

The SBC strategy is "It didn't work for the NOL...let's do it that way!"
Haha that's hilarious

And then name it something like the Midland Athletic League

You see it in this thread. People criticizing Huron for wanting nothing to do with the Lake, Willard and Margaretta for wanting to be in the River. Yet they actively ducked and continue to duck letting Fremont in.

To be fair, Fremont isn't a good fit, and that's fine. But it can't go both ways. Either sack up if you expect the smaller schools to do the same, or let them do their thing down there.

Some of those schools though in the bottom portion like being able to compete for league titles or in league meets in things like wrestling, swimming, track, etc. So, its not just about football.

However, I believe that football only conferences could probably solve some of this conference shuffling stuff.

You see it in this thread. People criticizing Huron for wanting nothing to do with the Lake, Willard and Margaretta for wanting to be in the River. Yet they actively ducked and continue to duck letting Fremont in.

To be fair, Fremont isn't a good fit, and that's fine. But it can't go both ways. Either sack up if you expect the smaller schools to do the same, or let them do their thing down there.
The river division really serves no purpose to the lake or the bay, I don't know why they (river) don't just break away and form their own league.

Some of those schools though in the bottom portion like being able to compete for league titles or in league meets in things like wrestling, swimming, track, etc. So, its not just about football.

However, I believe that football only conferences could probably solve some of this conference shuffling stuff.
I don't understand how other sports are really effected by any of this. In all other sports everyone makes the playoffs.

I don't understand how other sports are really effected by any of this. In all other sports everyone makes the playoffs.
one specfic piece is the wrestling tournament, as all competitors (to my understanding) are entered into the tournament regardless of division and then based on points they determine who wins each division. Its actually a pretty solid league wrestling meet.

It also allows for a large league track meet according to someone up that way where they can run all the divisions in the finals but in seperate heats. It seems like the only real points of contention in the league are in the realm of football.

I just know based on conversations with a couple guys I went to college with up that way, the league is pretty stable outside of football issues.
Sounds like some of the river schools who have some of the country club type sports like having the other schools in the league to compete with. I don't know the ins and outs of all of it outside the wrestling component.

I don’t get why the top 8 schools in the SBC as far as enrollment goes just create their own 8 team league.

Bellevue
Clyde
Tiffin Columbian
Sandusky
Vermilion
Perkins
Port Clinton
Norwalk

I know that means Huron and Edison would have to get with those River teams cause there’s nowhere else to go. Huron is headed for Div. 5 anyway and Edison isn’t far from it now. Obviously Huron and Edison isn’t going to match up with those 8 schools I mentioned in football which is always the driving force behind any decision made. This whole SBC division setup was bound to not work and here we are.

Also when Hurons enrollment does shrink which is only about 4-5 years away do you really think Willard will want to be back in the Bay if Hurons enrollment were to get smaller then Willards? I’m sure that would fly over really well with Willard having to play in the Bay and 2 crossovers with the Lake.

I don’t get why the top 8 schools in the SBC as far as enrollment goes just create their own 8 team league.

Bellevue
Clyde
Tiffin Columbian
Sandusky
Vermilion
Perkins
Port Clinton
Norwalk

I know that means Huron and Edison would have to get with those River teams cause there’s nowhere else to go. Huron is headed for Div. 5 anyway and Edison isn’t far from it now. Obviously Huron and Edison isn’t going to match up with those 8 schools I mentioned in football which is always the driving force behind any decision made. This whole SBC division setup was bound to not work and here we are.
I mean there is the NBC lol. But in all seriousness, the partnership is the best situation for these schools at the moment. You've got a few big problems which are...

- Bettsville and St Wendelin have already folded, how long do St Joe's and St Mary's have left? 11 man football has more players participating than any other sport other than track at a school typically, so having the ability to flex in the likes of Margaretta and Willard who struggle in those sports is key

- Lets not forget that years of being a doormat is bad for kids as it destroys participation numbers. It's why the Elmwood story is so awesome in the NBC. But you've got Lakota/Gibsonburg/Woodmore who had to runaway from the SLL/NBC because the likes of Genoa/Eastwood & now Otsego were just crushing them on a constant basis. While Lakota/Gibsonburg are on good footing now, Woodmore staying in too long has really done a number on their football program, pushing it to dangerously low levels. And any top talent that has resided in that district over the last decade transferred out.

We all have to remember these sports are great extracurricular activities for kids and teach a lot of good life lessons. Having kids not want to play because your sports are terrible is a bad thing towards the development of a teenager.

Bellevue
Clyde
Tiffin Columbian
Sandusky
Vermilion
Perkins
Port Clinton
Norwalk

Not sure if they'd be willing to go to 10, but I'd think Huron and Edison's best fit at that point would be the Lorain County League.

Honestly, Vermilion probably belongs there too.

one specfic piece is the wrestling tournament, as all competitors (to my understanding) are entered into the tournament regardless of division and then based on points they determine who wins each division. Its actually a pretty solid league wrestling meet.

It also allows for a large league track meet according to someone up that way where they can run all the divisions in the finals but in seperate heats. It seems like the only real points of contention in the league are in the realm of football.

I just know based on conversations with a couple guys I went to college with up that way, the league is pretty stable outside of football issues.
Sounds like some of the river schools who have some of the country club type sports like having the other schools in the league to compete with. I don't know the ins and outs of all of it outside the wrestling component.
The SBC wrestling tournament is an absolute meat grinder for the River teams. Hell it's a meatgrinder for all of the teams. I think they split off last year.