Northwest Ohio Realignment

What do we think the odds are the NLL adds Lima Sr to get to 12? Or do we think BG or Napoleon (or both) leave first.

Any reason to believe the old TRAC teams would get in the way? I think it's for the NLL traditionals to schedules some OOC games with Senior to see how it goes. At a minimum, AW, PBurg need to be scheduling some variety of talent and strong suburbans round CBus.

Add Lima Sr. and dump Whitmer, P'burg, AW, and Findlay. NLL returns to 8.
NW Ohio has unfortunately 15 teams that fit the mold. It’s a shame Maumee has completely fallen to shambles, an easy Ross/Clay trade for AW/Perrysburg would’ve made two awesome leagues in my opinion.

It's my understanding that Clay, Ross, Whitmer and Findlay were invited to join the NLL by a unanimous vote of the 8 members of the NLL at the time of the vote. Lima Senior, if they applied,, did not receive enough votes to receive an invitation. The four TRAC publics that were invited to join would have been very happy had Lima been invited. Clay, Ross, Findlay and Whitmer had zero to do with Lima not being invited. It shouldn't take a genius to figure that out. Meanwhile a few posters continue to propose NLL options where Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are dumped by the NLL. I suppose it passes the time but I have been rolling my eyes way too much. :rolleyes::p:cool::cool::cool:

Also, the TRAC publics wanted out of a league with the privates. It's been said many times on this thread and, if need be, I'll keep saying it.

NW Ohio has unfortunately 15 teams that fit the mold. It’s a shame Maumee has completely fallen to shambles, an easy Ross/Clay trade for AW/Perrysburg would’ve made two awesome leagues in my opinion.

Assuming your 15 are the current 11 plus the privates and Maumee?

Napoleon doesn't fit that mold, they're just not scared of bigger schools. And if Napoleon fits, suddenly you're at 18 because Defiance, Wauseon, and Bryan fit.

Those 3 just have no desire to move.

And then if Fremont fits, Tiffin probably does too.

It's my understanding that Clay, Ross, Whitmer and Findlay were invited to join the NLL by a unanimous vote of the 8 members of the NLL at the time of the vote. Lima Senior, if they applied,, did not receive enough votes to receive an invitation. The four TRAC publics that were invited to join would have been very happy had Lima been invited. Clay, Ross, Findlay and Whitmer had zero to do with Lima not being invited. It shouldn't take a genius to figure that out. Meanwhile a few posters continue to propose NLL options where Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are dumped by the NLL. I suppose it passes the time but I have been rolling my eyes way too much. :rolleyes::p:cool::cool::cool:

Also, the TRAC publics wanted out of a league with the privates. It's been said many times on this thread and, if need be, I'll keep saying it.
No, I think I am the only one, and I believe my reasons why are enlightened.

chs1971 enlightened?

en·light·ened
/inˈlītnd,enˈlītnd/
adjective: having or showing a rational, modern, and well-informed outlook.

OK this thread just jumped the shark. :D

It's my understanding that Clay, Ross, Whitmer and Findlay were invited to join the NLL by a unanimous vote of the 8 members of the NLL at the time of the vote. Lima Senior, if they applied,, did not receive enough votes to receive an invitation. The four TRAC publics that were invited to join would have been very happy had Lima been invited. Clay, Ross, Findlay and Whitmer had zero to do with Lima not being invited. It shouldn't take a genius to figure that out. Meanwhile a few posters continue to propose NLL options where Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are dumped by the NLL. ...

Might not take a genius but without information and knowledge, it's just guessing. ?

I realize more than one here seem to equate guessing and knowledge but I prefer to just ask a question. TRAC was preceeded with the idea of a merge with the old TCL (before the loss of sports) and I recall then, there were non TPS schools that were not enthralled with the idea of Lima Senior.

chs1971 enlightened?

en·light·ened
/inˈlītnd,enˈlītnd/
"I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.”

I have no reason to believe my idea of an eight team NLL will ensue, and have stated such, but the issue remains. At least two of the final 12, if that ever happens, will not be happy with the division they are in.

What/who was in that league?

On the other NWOhio thread, Rolly67 mentioned a magazine looks devoted to football in the area. I didn't know such a thing existed. Looks like something that would make my game wandering more informed. Anyone here ever read it?
"I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.”

I have no reason to believe my idea of an eight team NLL will ensue, and have stated such, but the issue remains. At least two of the final 12, if that ever happens, will not be happy with the division they are in.

You threw me a hanging curve opportunity to make jest at the various directions of this thread (many I may or may not have taken part in). Really it wasn't meant any type criticism of your vision.

As for division alignments, I agree things won't be perfect. Let's see how they handle it?

chs1971 enlightened?

en·light·ened
/inˈlītnd,enˈlītnd/

OK this thread just jumped the shark. :D

Might not take a genius but without information and knowledge, it's just guessing. ?

I realize more than one here seem to equate guessing and knowledge but I prefer to just ask a question. TRAC was preceeded with the idea of a merge with the old TCL (before the loss of sports) and I recall then, there were non TPS schools that were not enthralled with the idea of Lima Senior.
Your problem with Lima is this, outside of the two main boys sports they are really bad at all other sports.

Last in...Cross Country, Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis, Volleyball, Baseball, Boys Track,

Second to Last in...Wrestling, Softball, Boys Tennis

Third to Last in...Girls Track

Alright in...Boys Soccer, Girls Basketball, Football

Great in...Boys Basketball

Problem is if the extracurriculars are that bad why send your kid there if that's a big part of your life? Especially with LCC there. It's the same spot Maumee/Woodmore were in

Your problem with Lima is this, outside of the two main boys sports they are really bad at all other sports.

Last in...Cross Country, Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis, Volleyball, Baseball, Boys Track,

Second to Last in...Wrestling, Softball, Boys Tennis

Third to Last in...Girls Track

Alright in...Boys Soccer, Girls Basketball, Football

Great in...Boys Basketball

Problem is if the extracurriculars are that bad why send your kid there if that's a big part of your life? Especially with LCC there. It's the same spot Maumee/Woodmore were in
It's not MY problem and I'm not having a problem with Lima. Is it YOUR problem? Maybe check your language? ;)

On the other NWOhio thread, Rolly67 mentioned a magazine looks devoted to football in the area. I didn't know such a thing existed. Looks like something that would make my game wandering more informed. Anyone here ever read it?

This years magazine isn't out yet but they do features on most NWOhio teams and its definitely worth picking up in my opinion.

What/who was in that league?

The LPC was an EXTREMELY short lived "conference" in the 60s with Defiance, BG, and LCC while all were independent. Started in 64, ended in 69 when BG joined the GLL and LCC went south to the Miami Valley League. 4 years later Defiance joined the WBL and everyone was happy-ish.

My wandering mind wonders what could have been if the 3 had decided to stick together and be proactive in finding more though. Defiance likely would have brought Napoleon and Bryan. BG would have been fine with Napoleon. Bath and Elida hadn't joined the WBL yet, and Shawnee left for over a decade in 67. If LCC convinces them to all come, you've got a nice 7 team league started. Maybe grab OG as your 8th.

But I realize that would been a pipe dream. It was a convenient thing for 3 independents to have something to play for and a couple of guaranteed games, and most of those schools I mentioned knew exactly where they wanted to be. Everything worked in the end, except LCC is 52 years later still homeless and I'm not sure Defiance in 73 would have been thrilled with 50 years in the WBL. Marriage of convenience that has worked out better than anyone could ever imagine.

Apples to Oranges discussion here. The effect of vouchers on public school districts within private school reach has nothing to do with Covid-19 and summer school being mandatory. Using MY property tax so a kid can leave MY district to attend a school not held to the same standards is BS no matter how one spins it. The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled 4x that schools are funded illegally and nothing has happened? Why? Concerted effort to privatize schools.
Well-stated.

as it seems this thread will come to a close for the time being, I hope we keep it alive for future developments which will probably begin to happen during the school year as some leagues meet to discuss changes from this spring and summer and where they will go from there.

I've talked to several coaches and they all seem to think the 12th team is going to come from the west. Defiance? Wauseon? That doesn't match up with what districts are saying publicly.