Northwest Ohio Realignment

The Fremont-Sandusky game would finally have some meaning.... :D

IDK, I obviously don't have insight and connections but seems a stretch. Nearly an hour and half for Findlay-Sandusky? Findlay is alright with that Jafo? Is there anything wrong with Sandusky's situation as is? What are the justifications? Sometimes rumblings are just dinner time. With no source, might as well be a strack, I mean snack.

Fi

IDK, I obviously don't have insight and connections but seems a stretch. Nearly an hour and half for Findlay-Sandusky? Findlay is alright with that Jafo? Is there anything wrong with Sandusky's situation as is? What are the justifications? Sometimes rumblings are just dinner time. With no source, might as well be a strack, I mean snack.
Findlay would have no problem with Sandusky trips. We've "been there, done that" a LOT in the past.

Last edited:
Would Findlay have any issue traveling to Tiffin Columbian?
How solid are these rumblings... Also... If SBC Lake and Bay consolidated to 8 teams... Tiffin would likely be on the outside looking in because of size is my guess. Otherwise, why would they want to leave the Lake

Findlay wouldn't be in their division...I guess the better question would be if Napoleon would have any issue with the hour and a half trip or Southview with the hour and 15 minute drive.

It would make sense if the SBC contracts with their realignment...there is going to be an odd team out, and Columbian wouldn't be low on that list by any means. They would fit right in enrollment-wise, but that drive for many members of the small-side division (Southview, Springfield, Napoleon specifically) would be a bear.

Sandusky would be a nightmare for Napoleon...not only would it also be an hour and a half each way, but it would include a whole lot of tolls each way, which would rack up in quick order for all of the sports in the conference (unless of course it is a football-only add).

Findlay wouldn't be in their division...I guess the better question would be if Napoleon would have any issue with the hour and a half trip or Southview with the hour and 15 minute drive.

It would make sense if the SBC contracts with their realignment...there is going to be an odd team out, and Columbian wouldn't be low on that list by any means. They would fit right in enrollment-wise, but that drive for many members of the small-side division (Southview, Springfield, Napoleon specifically) would be a bear.

Sandusky would be a nightmare for Napoleon...not only would it also be an hour and a half each way, but it would include a whole lot of tolls each way, which would rack up in quick order for all of the sports in the conference (unless of course it is a football-only add).
Yeah it's one thing most don't always consider, you're picking a league that you'll compete in with all sports 7-12. That's not only a ton of travel to add Sandusky, you're pretty much guaranteeing no gate either at that distance. 90 miles each way is no bueno

Sandusky would be the second smallest in a 12 team NLL. The hour-and-a-half drive would be from Napoleon, not Findlay.

In the SBC-Lake Sandusky's divisional opponents range from 2-21 miles away. In the NLL small division they would range from 26-92 minutes away. Why in the world would Sandusky do that?

Sandusky would be the second smallest in a 12 team NLL. The hour-and-a-half drive would be from Napoleon, not Findlay.

In the SBC-Lake Sandusky's divisional opponents range from 2-21 miles away. In the NLL small division they would range from 26-92 minutes away. Why in the world would Sandusky do that?
Yeah...Sandusky makes absolutely no sense. Tiffin on the other hand would make a bit more, but even that seems like an odd one.

Clyde 18, Ross 21
Bellevue 23, BG 41
Perkins 35, Clay 50
Sandusky 36, Southview 61
Norwalk 37, Napoleon 76

Maybe Tiffin is different than everywhere else and the prices of diesel and gas are going down.

iF 8 of the schools from the SBC Lake and Bay divisions formed their own league/division leaving Columbian and Sandusky out in the cold what would Columbian's options be?

iF 8 of the schools from the SBC Lake and Bay divisions formed their own league/division leaving Columbian and Sandusky out in the cold what would Columbian's options be?
This is the only reason I could see them even looking at the NLL

Just a couple of random thoughts...

I suggested either Columbian or Sandusky to the new NLL about mid-way through this over 100 page thread.

Napoleon and Sandusky are both familiar each other from their days in the GBC. They both know Route 6 well.
Still, neither makes any sense.

Oak Harbor and Maumee left six team divisions to join 8 team leagues with shorter travel times. That makes sense.

Columbian or Sandusky would be leaving a six team division to join a different six team division with much greater travel times. Than makes no sense.

Last edited:
True but the issue is no team, other than Maumee, makes sense. And Maumee clearly doesn't want to be part of the NLL any longer.
Maumee leaving a two-tiered NLL was a bad move IMO. If I had a vote, which I obviously don't, I would have voted against it. Maumee is by far the largest school in the SBC. If all sports, both boys and girls, don't become competitive for Maumee in the new SBC, some hard conversations need to be had as well as a look inwards.

Maumee leaving a two-tiered NLL was a bad move IMO. If I had a vote, which I obviously don't, I would have voted against it. Maumee is by far the largest school in the SBC. If all sports, both boys and girls, don't become competitive for Maumee in the new SBC, some hard conversations need to be had as well as a look inwards.
I think it was a really good move for Maumee, especially with Oak Harbor joining. They will be much more competitive and are still in a geographically compact league with short travel times. I think the decision-makers at Maumee deserve a lot of credit.

And not to disparage the small schools of Elmwood and Woodmore, but the NBC got a lot better.

Last edited:
That makes some sense. I don't know that anyone is in love with Sandusky, but are ex-NOL members Norwalk and Bellevue willing to show Colombian the door? Are the next five willing to play Norwalk, Clyde, and Bellevue every year? If the answers are yes & yes, get Oak Harbor to stay and kick Norwalk out too.

This is a different solution, but some would rightfully object, and I don't think there is any chance that it happens.

693-Sandusky
644-Columbian
621-Norwalk
515-Clyde
500-Bellevue
477-Vermillion
474-Perkins
432-Port Clinton

(400-Oak Harbor is leaving for the NBC. Which might make this split more palatable for HL & Gibsonburg.)
372-Edison
367-Huron

306-Willard
278-Lakota
254-Margaretta
250-Woodmore (joining in '23?)
209-Hopewell-Loudon
199-Gibsonburg

149-Old Fort (non-football)
120-St. Mary's (8 or 11 man?)
112-Lakeside (Are they dedicated to 8-man?)
91-New Riegel (non-football)
87-Calvert
77-St. Joe

Highly disagree. Maumee was in bad shape athletically, getting crushed across the board is not good. They need the same thing Rossford needed years ago, a smaller conference that will let them completely reboot.

One reason I always believed in coaching hard is because if you don't have a successful program, no one wants to be a apart of it. Eastwood hasn't won a track league title every year for the last 2 decades because people in Pemberville and Luckey are extremely fast, they've done it because of a culture. Kids grow up in this and learn good work habits, teamwork & sportsmanship that will get them far in life doing a fun sport.

Opposite of that, often times schools with uncompetitive programs fall off and have poor participation. Essentially it devalues your school right? If you have bad extracurriculars then something like a SJJ looks far more desirable.

That makes some sense. I don't know that anyone is in love with Sandusky, but are ex-NOL members Norwalk and Bellevue willing to show Colombian the door? Are the next five willing to play Norwalk, Clyde, and Bellevue every year? If the answers are yes & yes, get Oak Harbor to stay and kick Norwalk out too.

This is a different solution, but some would rightfully object, and I don't think there is any chance that it happens.

693-Sandusky
644-Columbian
621-Norwalk
515-Clyde
500-Bellevue
477-Vermillion
474-Perkins
432-Port Clinton

(400-Oak Harbor is leaving for the NBC. Which might make this split more palatable for HL & Gibsonburg.)
372-Edison
367-Huron

306-Willard
278-Lakota
254-Margaretta
250-Woodmore (joining in '23?)
209-Hopewell-Loudon
199-Gibsonburg

149-Old Fort (non-football)
120-St. Mary's (8 or 11 man?)
112-Lakeside (Are they dedicated to 8-man?)
91-New Riegel (non-football)
87-Calvert
77-St. Joe
Haha ouch, the former 3 SLL members escape from Genoa/Eastwood beatdowns to get the same from Edison & Huron? Haha I guess it built character and we were competitive in some sports but that doesn't sound ideal