Northwest Ohio Realignment

Looks like Oak Harbor will still have the next crack at the NBC followed by Bowling Green. I can almost guarantee that the NBC will get one of them.

You almost wonder if they would take both and drop Fostoria - who is not competitive in any sport apart from basketball and has a difficult time fielding JV teams in baseball and football some years. It would be a shame to lose a road trip that takes you near Fostoria Pizza Palace, though...

You almost wonder if they would take both and drop Fostoria - who is not competitive in any sport apart from basketball and has a difficult time fielding JV teams in baseball and football some years. It would be a shame to lose a road trip that takes you near Fostoria Pizza Palace, though...
I actually think the relationship with Fostoria and current NBC members is pretty good. Michele Wolf, who will be gone and headed to BG, has done a good job of developing a solid rapport with fellow AD's. I know it can be pretty cutthroat at times but I actually believe, as a whole, the conference would feel some sort of remorse if they left Fostoria out in the cold.

I would also assume that conference by-laws and such do not allow you to just force out a school in good-standing. I believe Fotown is in for good. Now if it was 10 years ago....it may be some different thinking but the past is the past.

As for Oak Harbor and the SBC.....from what some in the know are telling me is that the whole 3 division thing in the SBC caused some backlash towards OH and there may still be some resentment there. We shall see.

I do know, if stuff is happening - it will need to be down by the end of June. They do not and can't let this drag into next school year. It'll throw the exiting and entering years off for schools leaving and joining.

I actually think the relationship with Fostoria and current NBC members is pretty good. Michele Wolf, who will be gone and headed to BG, has done a good job of developing a solid rapport with fellow AD's. I know it can be pretty cutthroat at times but I actually believe, as a whole, the conference would feel some sort of remorse if they left Fostoria out in the cold.

I would also assume that conference by-laws and such do not allow you to just force out a school in good-standing. I believe Fotown is in for good. Now if it was 10 years ago....it may be some different thinking but the past is the past.

As for Oak Harbor and the SBC.....from what some in the know are telling me is that the whole 3 division thing in the SBC caused some backlash towards OH and there may still be some resentment there. We shall see.

I do know, if stuff is happening - it will need to be down by the end of June. They do not and can't let this drag into next school year. It'll throw the exiting and entering years off for schools leaving and joining.

Yeah, I'd hate to see it. While I wish it was about 15 minutes closer to Perrysburg, I always enjoy the road trips down there. Love the old gym and stadium. To be honest, I hated to see Elmwood go. Maumee is definitely an easier road trip, fields teams in every sport, and has a nicer football stadium. That baseball field though...

You have to think too Fostoria will eventually upswing. It wasn't that long ago they had Micah Hyde.

That's a pretty good damn league if Oak Harbor or Bowling Green joins. If Bowling Green leaves for the NBC that makes this conversation wild, NLL would become a 10 team league with no divisions. I know what Napoleon said in the paper, but a yearly game vs Whitmer & Findlay will test that for sure

Well with Woodmore's move this could really get us into the 100 pages! Who knows where this goes from here.
9 pages about Woodmore would be something. DeStazio's is pretty good from what I hear for those who'll be making road trips to Elmore in the future. Also, baseball and softball are at the K-8 school in Woodville. Get there early and grab a picnic table under the roof if it looks like rain.

If they filmed from the water tower - that would be a pretty sweet "All 22" shot from the end zone.

You have to think too Fostoria will eventually upswing. It wasn't that long ago they had Micah Hyde.

That's a pretty good damn league if Oak Harbor or Bowling Green joins. If Bowling Green leaves for the NBC that makes this conversation wild, NLL would become a 10 team league with no divisions. I know what Napoleon said in the paper, but a yearly game vs Whitmer & Findlay will test that for sure
Honestly, this isn't that huge a deal as Napoleon has dealt with Whitmer and Findlay before.

Honestly, this isn't that huge a deal as Napoleon has dealt with Whitmer and Findlay before.
It’s hard to believe that in present day considering all of this crap is because all of these schools are making this such a huge deal.

The only schools who really needed it was Maumee and Woodmore as both were in some dire straights with their programs

Woodmore's board tonight unanimously approved that they leave the NBC at the end of the '22-'23 school year at the latest and join the SBC River. The superintendent said that they've been looking to move the past four years.

Strack tweets that he "would not be surprised " if Oak Harbor takes Woodmore's place in the NBC. So that's probably not going to happen. ??

Oak Harbor is not going to the NBC. They've already turned the NBC down twice in the past year or so. It doesn't get them anything except maybe a few less miles on the odometer. Besides, they'd be terrified of playing Rossford, Maumee and, when the next small leaves, BG. BG or Northwood will be the next school into the NBC if it doesn't collapse outright.

Screenshot (24).png

This would be the new NBC with both Bowling Green and Oak Harbor plotted. Obviously, BG makes the most sense logistically but Oak Harbor isn't terrible and that "road trip" has been done before by a lot of these schools.

As we are all aware, the outlier is Fostoria. All in all though everything is less than 45-50 minutes max. Eastwood, Genoa, and Lake will have it the best as they are smack dab in the middle.

It will be interesting to see who gets in.

View attachment 17416

This would be the new NBC with both Bowling Green and Oak Harbor plotted. Obviously, BG makes the most sense logistically but Oak Harbor isn't terrible and that "road trip" has been done before by a lot of these schools.

As we are all aware, the outlier is Fostoria. All in all though everything is less than 45-50 minutes max. Eastwood, Genoa, and Lake will have it the best as they are smack dab in the middle.

It will be interesting to see who gets in.

Yeah, I get too caught up just looking at the maps with this stuff and taking context out, but dropping Fostoria out would make a ton of sense geographically. That's about as tight as you can make a smallish school conference in Ohio nowadays...but obviously, they're not cutting Fostoria to add in a school that is nearly double their size.

His attempt to brand and be ubiquitous through rumormongering from a professional position starting to backfire? It's all about the clicks, good or bad so that's probably not an issue as long as the name is used. Does he work for a news agency? Have any non reporter type connection to sports in the area as an adult, like coaching? Liked? Not Liked? Reputable?
His only connection to sports in general were warming the metal in Tam-o-shanter for 4 years in high school...so that's probably a no lol.

I mean, I get it...he needs to be vocal/present to make sure people tune into him instead of 13abc, but it does feel like it gets to be a bit much sometimes.

Strack tweets that he "would not be surprised " if Oak Harbor takes Woodmore's place in the NBC. So that's probably not going to happen. ??
The same Strack that tweeted "Every conference at every level in Northwest Ohio will be affected by league changes" :LOL:

TRAC, NLL, NBC, SBC, BVC. The NWOAL and TAAC likely on deck. What was he wrong about again?
Right lol I don't think this was incorrect at all. The TRAC has been dissolved, the NLL is Chaos on Bullsh*t Mountain, the NBC and SBC seem to be exchanging and the BVC is moving a bit

Last edited:
It is not rocket science. Once one NWOhio conference has movement the domino effect begins. This is especially true here because the NLL has been the kingpin for so long.

Perhaps this is too crazy and there might be non sport related reasons why, but ... what about Fostoria to the BVC?
The BVC has already had CR jump ship and the Lue will have to make a decision soon, as they simply don’t have the bodies to play 11 man. Would any of the D7 schools really care about playing another D5 school (already have LB and Elmwood) when that school is garbage?
McComb has no fear, NB and Arcadia might lose regardless, so who cares who they play non conference, long haul for PG sure and Arlington would fair well against them. VB and Riverdale are D6, so really can’t complain about a division higher game. Just a thought

Perhaps this is too crazy and there might be non sport related reasons why, but ... what about Fostoria to the BVC?
The BVC has already had CR jump ship and the Lue will have to make a decision soon, as they simply don’t have the bodies to play 11 man. Would any of the D7 schools really care about playing another D5 school (already have LB and Elmwood) when that school is garbage?
McComb has no fear, NB and Arcadia might lose regardless, so who cares who they play non conference, long haul for PG sure and Arlington would fair well against them. VB and Riverdale are D6, so really can’t complain about a division higher game. Just a thought
Why? Is Fostoria unhappy in the NBC? Is the NBC unhappy with Fostoria?