Northwest Ohio Realignment

It's been a slow couple weeks, I'm not sure we are going to make it to 100 pages!
We've had discussions regarding STDs and Penis-shaped objects on Turf. Not to mention other off-topic materials that rivaled Vin Scully on a Dodger broadcast.

I'm not liking your confidence, or lack of.

I'm not liking your confidence, or lack of.
856506DA-4B28-4E9E-975F-53D0D7D39927.jpeg

What's the over/under on how many points the private schools are going to try to hang on the bolting TRAC publics these next two years?

I'm not sure.

At any rate, they have bigger fish to fry. Have to figure out beating Avon/Avon Lake during Postseason.
7 DI commits and others D1 guys uncommitted and the Irish cannot get by those darn Avon schools. They certainly aint losing due to lack of talent.

But, with the gloves off, knowing the predicament they have been put in, they will try their hardest to poach every athlete from Washington Local and Oregon, and you accomplish this by embarrassing them with 60-0 type scores.

Evergreen BOE meets Monday, PDY BOE and Swanton BOE meet Wednesday. Don't know if anything league related will be discussed but something to await.

The NLL needs another school (or 3 or 5) any predictions on who it is going to be?

I will go with Lima. No other school is interested so they a stuck with the last resort that nobody wants.

The NLL needs another school (or 3 or 5) any predictions on who it is going to be?

I will go with Lima. No other school is interested so they a stuck with the last resort that nobody wants.
I guess I still can't get behind any idea that has Perrysburg, Sylvania, and Anthony Wayne voting to make Lima Senior a conference mate.

I feel like they're going to spend the next 2 years trying to get Defiance to join by any means necessary, or holding out hope that the NBC won't be able to get back to 8 if Woodmore leaves.

Or maybe the NLL goes down 1 or 3 members to even it all out?

Also very possible...Napoleon seemed to put about the best face possible in their letter, but they'd be the only school I think would jump (even though they're more than competitive in most sports).

Evergreen BOE meets Monday, PDY BOE and Swanton BOE meet Wednesday. Don't know if anything league related will be discussed but something to await.
Northwood board also meets on Monday.

The biggest news coming out of Swanton's board meeting will be the hiring of Bruce Smith as their new basketball coach.

For those that can get past the firewall on the Detroit Free Press website, Mick McCabe has an article advocating for the Toledo schools to join the Detroit Catholic League calling it a match made in heaven (or something like that).

For those that can get past the firewall on the Detroit Free Press website, Mick McCabe has an article advocating for the Toledo schools to join the Detroit Catholic League calling it a match made in heaven (or something like that).
Props to the Catholic schools. The 3 Catholic schools get a better situation, and the NLL is a current sh*tshow at the moment. It’s a hell of a storyline that’s for sure

We get it, you don't want the TRAC to break up. It's a done deal, the NLL will be fine.
Meh not really. I’m just not sure what’s happening is the right solution to be honest. Saying the NLL will be fine is one thing, proving it is another. Seems like they have no plan at all, just out here winging it to hopefully get a 12 team league.

Im curious if they’ll do 2 floating divisions or have something fixed. Really there’s so many unknowns to how it will even work. That’s not a very good sales pitch, “we’re gonna make an all public school league but we have no plan on how it’ll work” lol

I guess I still can't get behind any idea that has Perrysburg, Sylvania, and Anthony Wayne voting to make Lima Senior a conference mate.

I feel like they're going to spend the next 2 years trying to get Defiance to join by any means necessary, or holding out hope that the NBC won't be able to get back to 8 if Woodmore leaves.
I completly agree it would be a last resort move but need to remember Perrsburg, AW and S-NV (as of now) would not be in the same
division as Lima so they wouldn't have to make that drive or have Lima bring their handful of paying fans.

Outside of boys basketball Lima sports are a complete disarray right now so if other 5 small NLL schools want an easy win they would get it.

It's only 15 minutes further from pretty much ANY of those schools to Lima Senior compared to Defiance. Except AW, who wouldn't be playing either often anyway. The only thing begging us to come really does is makes Napoleon happy.

I completly agree it would be a last resort move but need to remember Perrsburg, AW and S-NV (as of now) would not be in the same
division as Lima so they wouldn't have to make that drive or have Lima bring their handful of paying fans.

Outside of boys basketball Lima sports are a complete disarray right now so if other 5 small NLL schools want an easy win they would get it.
That’s part of the issue though. There’s no way you can have Lima Senior in the lower division for boys basketball.

To be honest a lot of my opinions are based on the SBC’s failures. That conference did the split divisions and it’s been a complete clusterf*ck. Willard will more than likely leave to the N10 and Oak Harbor might be joining the NBC. I know for a fact they’re not thrilled that they have to schedule City League teams to fill Week 4-5. Especially when they had great rivalries with Perkins and Clyde that are just about gone now. A 6/6 league is just doubtful to work long term

Last edited:
That’s part of the issue though. There’s no way you can have Lima Senior in the lower division for boys basketball.
Sure Lima BB team would dominate now but they are coach leaving from possible being terrible like the rest of the sports at the school. Or LCC hires a coach that recruits all the good kids away from Lima.

To be clear I don't think Lima is a good fit for the NLL I just can't find a better one that would join.

Last edited:
I know for a fact they’re not thrilled that they have to schedule City League teams to fill Week 4-5. Especially when they had great rivalries with Perkins and Clyde that are just about gone now. A 6/6 league is just doubtful to work long term

If Oak Harbor wants to play Clyde why don't they just schedule them?

All 12 of the combined SBC Lake and Bay schools have OOC slots to fill in weeks 4 and 5, so logistically it's wide open for there to be lots of crossover games, but some of the Bay schools want no part of that. Two years ago Clyde had to go all the way to the Dayton city league to fill their week 4 and 5 games because no one in the Bay would play them.

It seems to me that Oak Harbor actually prefers the easy wins against the TCL to the challenge of facing old rivals, because both options are on the table and they have been choosing the TCL.

Last edited: