Northwest Ohio Realignment

I was a student at Lake when this all went down. Lost a good amount of athletes to neighboring schools. Had a few that did very well at other schools, one even ended up playing football at BGSU and is a strength coach at University of Florida. It took a few years for many of the programs to get even remotely close to where they were before. Almost 20 years later it is still a sour subject to me. It was a very weird scenario for the students.
Assistant Director, Football to be precise.

Back in like 2001 Defiance threatened it, although even at 13 and in Jr high I got the sense they wouldn't have followed through. Just knew sports and music are important to everyone in town and it was a way to pass the levy.

But just in case, my best friend at the time and I had it all set that we were going to Fairview together. He had the connection to get us a ride, and we were gonna go.

Doesn't sound like the threat is going to work at Delta so some people are going to have to put up or shut up come Wednesday morning.

Last edited:
I never have been fond of these "threats." If you are putting such a concept on the table, then follow through and make the cuts. Otherwise, your constituents will never take you seriously.

I never have been fond of these "threats." If you are putting such a concept on the table, then follow through and make the cuts. Otherwise, your constituents will never take you seriously.
The board already approved the cuts at Delta. So, if it fails, they'll need to hope for a big donor, a change in school funding, or go back on their resolution they passed if they want sports.

Had a few that did very well at other schools, one even ended up playing football at BGSU and is a strength coach at University of Florida.
He was a solid defenseman too. With excellent conditioning since that Lake team he played on had something like 7 players. Him and their star forward weren’t allowed to go for a change all game. ?

Not knowing the whole situation, but just what I do about school funding, it wouldn’t surprise me if they put it back on the ballot in November and either do a “this is really, really going to happen” or they’ll cut fall sports and vote to immediately reinstate if it passes in November.

Financially, there’s no difference in money collected whether it passes in May or November. Seems more likely they would try in November, let fall play out, then cut winter sports immediately if it doesn’t pass in November.

Not knowing the whole situation, but just what I do about school funding, it wouldn’t surprise me if they put it back on the ballot in November and either do a “this is really, really going to happen” or they’ll cut fall sports and vote to immediately reinstate if it passes in November.

Financially, there’s no difference in money collected whether it passes in May or November. Seems more likely they would try in November, let fall play out, then cut winter sports immediately if it doesn’t pass in November.
OR, if the May 4th levy fails, kids transfer to another school so that they are GUARANTEED a full year of sports.

The board already approved the cuts at Delta. So, if it fails, they'll need to hope for a big donor, a change in school funding, or go back on their resolution they passed if they want sports.
Their is some hope around town that Mr. Harmon could step in to help out if things don't work out. IYKYK

Delta will not be kicked out of the NWOAL if their levy does not pass. There will be empty slot for anyone to slide into.

Is Mr. Harmon the Earl of Fulton County or something?

I’m concerned that Eastwood, Genoa and Woodmore leave for the SBC. Of course, if Swanton and Evergreen leave the NWOAL they’re in the same boat. Your point is valid.

Eastwood not going anywhere. Genoa - who knows. Woodmore....to the River, yes.

7EFF03CC-AFA5-4EAB-B904-6A3FDD7F768E.png

This is the $5,000,000 outdoor practice facility he built for Ohio State

Delta levy passed 1075-761
The November levy had 4023 votes and the May levy had 1836 votes. Of course, the November levy was on a presidential election ballot, thus more people came out. Seems like this time the levy supporters made the extra effort. Congrats PDY.

The November levy had 4023 votes and the May levy had 1836 votes. Of course, the November levy was on a presidential election ballot, thus more people came out. Seems like this time the levy supporters made the extra effort. Congrats PDY.
That difference is amazing. 46% of the November turnout. I guess it is Trump's fault.

Good to see PDY pass their levy. With that taken care of, the Delta folks can focus on more important stuff like joining the Ken James/Swanton League.

One thing that has surprised me, at least a little bit, is the TAAC's role in all of this. I realize their commish would much rather be on the golf course and there are the public/private perceptions, but I can't figure why they haven't been more proactive. With Swanton wanting to leave, Evergreen's superintendent wanting to follow, and Delta likely to join them, it appears that they're missing out on an opportunity.

Good to see PDY pass their levy. With that taken care of, the Delta folks can focus on more important stuff like joining the Ken James/Swanton League.

One thing that has surprised me, at least a little bit, is the TAAC's role in all of this. I realize their commish would much rather be on the golf course and there are the public/private perceptions, but I can't figure why they haven't been more proactive. With Swanton wanting to leave, Evergreen's superintendent wanting to follow, and Delta likely to join them, it appears that they're missing out on an opportunity.

It’s a public/private issue with TAAC schools.

What is that "issue," exactly? I'm guessing it was Kachmarik?
Why wouldn't Stritch, TCS and Emmanuel continue down the same road no matter who the coach is? Kachie has better connections for finding talent, but all of the privates are relying on the vouchers at this point to stay open.

Northwood is open enrollment. No one is going to feel sorry for Ottawa Hills or MVCD. Not sure what the problem is.

I have been seeing something about Willard and Marion Pleasant to the N10 with a vote in June on another Forum. Anyone see any legs to this??