Northwest Ohio Realignment

Ill believe it when I see it. I’m not rooting against it, but most of the nicer new houses are going up in the Lake, Genoa, Oregon school districts over there. They have a wonderful new school though

which has what to do with your reply to my original statement
Get out of here. Northwood is junk in most sports and football just beats up on a terrible TAAC. Have they ever even won a playoff game?

??

You're making up random arguments as you go.

which has what to do with your reply to my original statement

??

You're making up random arguments as you go.

About whether or not Northwood would have a growing population. Just think in my opinion the NBC would be better to have the Golden Bears back than the Rangers, better fit in all sports.

Liberty Center field is complete. Stadium will be getting new home and visitor stands, expanded seating on both sides and some end zone seating, brick pillars with black fencing that are on the north side will be expanded to surround the entire stadium, old locker room/weight room will be demolished and replaced, a new concession stand with restrooms was constructed last off season.
502B3186-0433-44BB-B96D-6681495986CB.jpeg

Liberty Center field is complete. Stadium will be getting new home and visitor stands, expanded seating on both sides and some end zone seating, brick pillars with black fencing that are on the north side will be expanded to surround the entire stadium, old locker room/weight room will be demolished and replaced, a new concession stand with restrooms was constructed last off season. View attachment 16760
Rolly67,

That is impressive. Kip Kern Field. Is the Kern kid from Archbold who is leading OSU in batting as a freshman any relation to Kip?

I was told the kid's dad is from LC.

Liberty Center field is complete. Stadium will be getting new home and visitor stands, expanded seating on both sides and some end zone seating, brick pillars with black fencing that are on the north side will be expanded to surround the entire stadium, old locker room/weight room will be demolished and replaced, a new concession stand with restrooms was constructed last off season. View attachment 16760
Is that a penis above the "tigers" on the right side of the picture?!?!

Rolly67,

That is impressive. Kip Kern Field. Is the Kern kid from Archbold who is leading OSU in batting as a freshman any relation to Kip?

All Kern's in NWOhio are related in some fashion. ;)

For those unfamiliar here the recent story on Kip Kern. Good read.

Is that a penis above the "tigers" on the right side of the picture?!?!
The mind sees what it wants I guess.

Yes, Kip was his great grandfather, his dad Keith was an All State linebacker at Liberty Center when they were State Runner-up in 1993.

word has it that Delta’s levy will not pass.. meaning Delta will no longer have sports.

I wonder if this will put a hold on any more league changes that was supposed to occur within the NWOAL & the new league that the softies from Swanton wanna create?

and if so, I say Swanton’s Chris Smith and Wade Hassleman are upset that they’re not getting what they want, & i’m glad they’re not.

word has it that Delta’s levy will not pass.. meaning Delta will no longer have sports.

I wonder if this will put a hold on any more league changes that was supposed to occur within the NWOAL & the new league that the softies from Swanton wanna create?

and if so, I say Swanton’s Chris Smith and Wade Hassleman are upset that they’re not getting what they want, & i’m glad they’re not.

Be interesting to see the NWOAL's next move from there. If all the talk out of Napoleon AND Defiance that they aren't interested is legit, I'm not sure I see an 8th.

They could always beg Montpelier to come back. ?

That's honestly the only school I thought of that might even entertain the idea lol.

Geographically Otsego or Tinora make sense. They're both in good fits though.

Since they've been rumored to every other league......Northwood? Lol. Go back to the ridiculous LCC football only rumor from the early teens? Just spitballing some things that have as much chance of happening as most of this thread.

Be interesting to see the NWOAL's next move from there. If all the talk out of Napoleon AND Defiance that they aren't interested is legit, I'm not sure I see an 8th.
Napoleon puts on a good front with that letter they put out, but let's be honest, I think they absolutely jump if a spots opens up in the NWOAL. Problem is, I think that would only expedite the Swanton and Evergreen departure.

I know Delta's threatening to cut sports but I have a hard time believing it would happen. Probably pay-to-play. In today's age, a school cutting sports would be the death knell of the school. Mass exodus would occur. I've already heard of some Delta athletes shopping around for potential open enrollment opportunities should sports actually be cut.

Best example I can think of is when SW City Schools did away with sports.

12 years later, outside of a couple decent but not great seasons out of Grove City, they're pretty much all terrible. And they only went without for a season because realizing they messed up.

IF Delta doesn't pass their levy and IF Delta follows through and eliminates sports for the '21-'22 school year, the NWOAL will be a seven-team league next year. Delta would be much more likely to have sports back sooner than the NWOAL could get a new member playing in their place.

12 years later, outside of a couple decent but not great seasons out of Grove City, they're pretty much all terrible. And they only went without for a season because realizing they messed up.

Absolutely decimated the entire district which consists of Grove City, Central Crossing, Franklin Heights and Galloway Westland.

Toledo Public Schools tampered with this notion twice and it absolutely destroyed them both times (1991/1992 and 2008/2009). Sports and extra curriculars should be the very last thing to go.

When public schools cut sports it costs them more $$$ than keeping them. They lose the State Aid of approx. $6,000 per every student who leaves for another school. Most of the financially strapped schools usually end up going to pay to play as a compromise.

When public schools cut sports it costs them more $$$ than keeping them. They lose the State Aid of approx. $6,000 per every student who leaves for another school. Most of the financially strapped schools usually end up going to pay to play as a compromise.
Exactly. Schools used to routinely threaten to eliminate sports but those who have created an even worse financial situation.

So if the Delta tax issue fails the administration/board can eliminate sports and make their situation worse, or keep sports and prove to the voters that what the administration/board says means nothing, making it even harder to get a tax issue passed.

Whoever is running things at Delta is a dope.

JMO

Exactly. Schools used to routinely threaten to eliminate sports but those who have created an even worse financial situation.

So if the Delta tax issue fails the administration/board can eliminate sports and make their situation worse, or keep sports and prove to the voters that what the administration/board says means nothing, making it even harder to get a tax issue passed.

Whoever is running things at Delta is a dope.

JMO
Agreed completely. I remember when Lake threatened this and almost went through with it in the early 2000s, completely derailed a program that had became super competitive in the SLL. One of the funniest things I remember was after that their band hadn't basically practiced at all in the summer because of all the financial issues, came out for the halftime show and it sounded like a car wreck :LOL:

Agreed completely. I remember when Lake threatened this and almost went through with it in the early 2000s, completely derailed a program that had became super competitive in the SLL. One of the funniest things I remember was after that their band hadn't basically practiced at all in the summer because of all the financial issues, came out for the halftime show and it sounded like a car wreck :LOL:

I was a student at Lake when this all went down. Lost a good amount of athletes to neighboring schools. Had a few that did very well at other schools, one even ended up playing football at BGSU and is a strength coach at University of Florida. It took a few years for many of the programs to get even remotely close to where they were before. Almost 20 years later it is still a sour subject to me. It was a very weird scenario for the students.