Northwest Ohio Realignment

How old is Cromwell?

Also, does anyone use the Blade app? I know the e-edition always cost money to read but I thought the NewsSlide part with ads was free, I can't get into it now without it asking me to pay.
75ish.

The Blade is like every other old school print edition paper. They are struggling mightily to adapt. Buckeye Cable is one of the worst custom service entities I have ever encountered. Dentist trips are more pleasant.

With that said it is tough to see these old papers die off because at the very least, and even with a slant here and there, they reported the news with a shred of integrity. Without traditional newspapers more and more people get their "news" from places like Facebook and Twitter memes. Or Yappi. ?

75ish.

The Blade is like every other old school print edition paper. They are struggling mightily to adapt. Buckeye Cable is one of the worst custom service entities I have ever encountered. Dentist trips are more pleasant.

With that said it is tough to see these old papers die off because at the very least, and even with a slant here and there, they reported the news with a shred of integrity. Without traditional newspapers more and more people get their "news" from places like Facebook and Twitter memes. Or Yappi. ?
Oh, I know about newspapers. I find it sad that so many are no longer printing every day, and America is dumber for people getting their news and opinions from social media instead of newspapers. The NewsSlide app has ads and doesn't even include the entire newspaper though, so I thought it would remain free. Maybe that's no longer even true. For a long time there must have been a glitch because I was able to view the entire e-edition without paying as well. Now, I can check maybe a couple articles before it forces me to log in.

75ish.

I know it de-rigueur to dump on Buckeye. If I'm going to dump when I feel dumping is earned I owe it to give credit when due. The rare occasions I've had issues, they've fixed it toot suite. Now I don't have all the games and stuff some need bandwith, I rarely ever have problems streaming. Plus I get to watch high school sports free when I can't get out, even though I don't have cable and I think they do a good job covering. There's a couple of them I'd like to encourage the value the economy of words but most seem to know the game and the players they're covering. I think that's a nice service.

One thing I wish they had done,customer servicewise is grandfather those modems and stop charging lease. I should know better but I keep forgetting to just go get my own. Hits on my budget.

As for the paper, it's not just the disgusting owner, I cant budget it. It if was more journal that would be more than a 15 minute read, let the writers write I'd maybe get the on-line. Heck if they'd even journalize, I'd probably consider it. When's the last time they ever challenged what anyone in power said or investigated anything, be it politics or spors?

That week one thread didn't list any games of interest within an hour and a half of us. What are the best week one games in this corner of the state?

That week one thread didn't list any games of interest within an hour and a half of us. What are the best week one games in this corner of the state?
Findlay @ Anthony Wayne
Port Clinton @ Bellevue. I don't know how PC will be this year.
Genoa @ Archbold. New coach at Genoa, Archbold lost some fine kids but they are usually pretty good regardless.

Of those three games I would attend Findlay/AW.

Tinora/LC is always good
This is the 100th meeting between Defiance and Napoleon, so that should be a lot of excitement

Findlay @ Anthony Wayne
Port Clinton @ Bellevue. I don't know how PC will be this year.
Genoa @ Archbold. New coach at Genoa, Archbold lost some fine kids but they are usually pretty good regardless.

Of those three games I would attend Findlay/AW.

It's the closest to me. Is there a list somewhere of all games? Eitel doesn't usually set up until late Aug, I'd like to see now. That Defiance-Napoleon should be good and packed but not really teams I follow. Hope to get out there sometime next year. I recall a downtown restaurant in Napoleon I liked. I don't think I've ever stopped in Defiance. Just kind of drove on by heading west.

It's the closest to me. Is there a list somewhere of all games? Eitel doesn't usually set up until late Aug, I'd like to see now. That Defiance-Napoleon should be good and packed but not really teams I follow. Hope to get out there sometime next year. I recall a downtown restaurant in Napoleon I liked. I don't think I've ever stopped in Defiance. Just kind of drove on by heading west.
I happened upon ArbirterLIVE, but unless you have specific teams in mind a schedule search could take a while.

That O-G/Eastwood game could be a good one, perhaps not a doozy, more along the lines of a hootenanny. A word of warning, O-G's stadium is not very big and since both schools support their kids pretty well it could get a bit tight.

I happened upon ArbirterLIVE, but unless you have specific teams in mind a schedule search could take a while.

That O-G/Eastwood game could be a good one, perhaps not a doozy, more along the lines of a hootenanny. A word of warning, O-G's stadium is not very big and since both schools support their kids pretty well it could get a bit tight.
TY, at least I was able to find the schedule over here.

I've two away weeks for sure to work with, both in Sylvania. I've been to Sylvania. Then we have Carey, Tiffin and Brunswick coming to Toledo. First season in a long time we weren't headed 3 hours to lose by 50. Almost wish the Tiffin game were in Tiffin, good meal there and in Carey. Car broke down on way to Brunswick.

That Fremont game is a potential being in Tiffin. Gas prices, still leaning AW. Now that I have a way, I think I'll see what Whitmer and the DCL are up to. Whitmer has a good second week if gas is down. It's the smaller schools I can't easily track. Thanks, keep them coming please.

Fine.

Here ya go you cheap bastards!

1656851921576.png

From today's Blade.

I feel like Findlay is going to beat the brakes of the AW. The NLL, outside of Perrysburg, may be the worst it has been in 30 years this year.
Findlay has Perrysburg week 2. :eek:
After watching Findlay/AW last year at Donnell I was struck at the time by how AW hung in there with what became a really good Trojan team. The next week Findlay loses to Perrysburg in a game apparently much more lopsided than the score indicated with P-burg gaining almost 600 yards of total offense. Around this time the move was made to Montgomery at QB and Roth to wideout in what turned out to be the turning point in the season. It's probably the case that Findlay will lay down tracks against AW although they lost some impact players in Ireland and Roth plus I think that RB Isaac James was also a senior.

Yes he was they lost their other two top 2 WR (so top 4) and two huge OL. Plus most of starting D also graduated. I don't expect Findlay to be a better team than they were at the end of last year.
Yes, but I also expect AW to be MUCH worse than they were last year.