Northwest Ohio Realignment

LB could be proactive and look for another league to be in because I just don’t see those bottom schools sticking around long. Vanlue won’t last very long with those numbers in their school. Arcadia is already sniffing around for league change and I can’t imagine Riverdale wants to be the next punching bag
I would be a lot of money that Vanlue doesn't play another season of 11 man football. NB and CR are gone, Arcadia is searching for options, you already mentioned Riverdale. Once those pieces all fall then how long will Pandora stick around instead of trying to get into the NWC?

I would be a lot of money that Vanlue doesn't play another season of 11 man football. NB and CR are gone, Arcadia is searching for options, you already mentioned Riverdale. Once those pieces all fall then how long will Pandora stick around instead of trying to get into the NWC?
Pandora might as well since Leipsic is already there. Columbus Grove, Leipsic, and Pandora Gilboa should all be in the same league for football. Whether it's the NWC, BVC, or a brand new league entirely.

Thoughts:
Nothing is stopping any of the other school districts that border Findlay from creating subdivisions and luring people into their districts. I would love to see the enrollments of Arcadia, Arlington, VB and Vanlue increase. Come on @LimaJock, be a trend setter, buy some land and invite all of the cool families to move into a different school district.
Also there is a league with schools that are sized Division 5-7, its called the MAC, and Marion Local has only lost 30 league games in that same time period, in what can only be described as "much harder league" (I say that tongue and check, because I don't even think the leagues are close.) Point is the schools they constantly beat didn't leave the league, they simply got better or chose to excel in different sports.
1) there are several very large barriers stopping this from happening, 1 of them is money, another one is Liberty Benton itself. Why would anyone putting up the money to build outside of Findlay do so in Van Buren or Arcadia's districts instead of LB?

2) Marion Local only losing 30 games in the MAC is entirely different to LB only losing 20 in the BVC, if you don't see the difference then you're delusional. The MAC has produced 19 football state semi-finalists since 2010 that were NOT Marion Local. LB is beating up on half of their league that can't field a JV team. Plus Marion Local is in the smaller half of their league by enrollment while LB is significantly larger than every other school in the BVC.

LB could be proactive and look for another league to be in because I just don’t see those bottom schools sticking around long. Vanlue won’t last very long with those numbers in their school. Arcadia is already sniffing around for league change and I can’t imagine Riverdale wants to be the next punching bag
I think there is much more sniffing going on than even at the local animal shelter.

1) there are several very large barriers stopping this from happening, 1 of them is money, another one is Liberty Benton itself. Why would anyone putting up the money to build outside of Findlay do so in Van Buren or Arcadia's districts instead of LB?

2) Marion Local only losing 30 games in the MAC is entirely different to LB only losing 20 in the BVC, if you don't see the difference then you're delusional. The MAC has produced 19 football state semi-finalists since 2010 that were NOT Marion Local. LB is beating up on half of their league that can't field a JV team. Plus Marion Local is in the smaller half of their league by enrollment while LB is significantly larger than every other school in the BVC.
1. I have no idea why anyone would move to one of those districts over LB, perhaps the price of housing or attending a smaller school. My point would be if those school would like to grow they need to sell people on living in their districts. The average age of most of those areas has to be increasing, so they need to start coming up creative ways to get younger families to move in or the school will be closed in another 20 years.
2. You are making my point. If we think LB is dominating the BVC, where a handful of schools struggle to field teams, there forth you getting easy wins every year, then what ML is doing is ultra dominating, seeing as the rest of their league is also capable of winning state titles.
Put another way, how many league loses would Grove have had in the BVC during that same time? I venture to guess less then 20

2. You are making my point. If we think LB is dominating the BVC, where a handful of schools struggle to field teams, there forth you getting easy wins every year, then what ML is doing is ultra dominating, seeing as the rest of their league is also capable of winning state titles.
Put another way, how many league loses would Grove have had in the BVC during that same time? I venture to guess less then 20
What point are you trying to make? The MAC was dominant well before Marion Local became what they are and they will be dominant long after Tim Goodwin retires. The enrollment spread is much more evenly distributed in the MAC than in the BVC, plus there's no large cities that any school can draw off of with open enrollment. The smallest schools in the MAC are much closer to the largest in their league demographically than half of the BVC is to Liberty Benton. And I appreciate that you think that highly of Grove but even as a die-hard I'm a realist, Grove's first NWC championship since 2005 came just 4 years ago. Between 2006 and 2018 we had 3 playoff births and 1 league championship. In that timeframe we're not at all putting together the same record as LB in the BVC.

None of this changes the fact that Liberty Benton for the last 20 years has been slowly killing their league by being a massive fish in a small pond. Not only are they significantly larger in size, but they can also pull athletes from Findlay through open enrollment like no other school in the BVC can. No one without family ties is moving into Cory-Rawson, Van Buren, or any other BVC school when they can live 15 minutes across town and send their kids to LB instead.

My point would be that most leagues have a a school that wins the majority of football titles.
PH has 10 in that time period
Eastwood has 10
Grove has 7
ML has 9
Sometimes these schools are the biggest, sometimes they arnt, the point is no one is making a big deal about running them out of the conference or telling them they ruined the league.
It seems odd that everyone wants to tell LB to find a new league as if it is there felt that no one wants to move into other school districts in Hancock county. At some point they will be too big to compete with other BVC schools, but there are plenty of leagues that span D5-7.
High tides raise all ships, LB brings more state level recognition then any other school, be proud to have them in your
League and go out there and try to beat them.

Since it is a football form, I looked at the last 20 BVC football champs, LB has won or shared 9 and McComb was the second most at 6.
Dominate? Maybe, but I would venture to guess most leagues over the last 20 years have a school with 9 of the championships. I do think it is sad that many of these small school have continued to shrink, drop sports and decide to leave for "easier" leagues.

WBL doesn't.

Kenton 7
OG 6
St. Marys 6
Wapak 5
Van Wert 2
Shawnee 2
Defiance 1.

Granted, that's still 40% of the league dominating most titles. Also includes 2020 when they didn't award an official championship.

WBL doesn't.

Kenton 7
OG 6
St. Marys 6
Wapak 5
Van Wert 2
Shawnee 2
Defiance 1.

Granted, that's still 40% of the league dominating most titles. Also includes 2020 when they didn't award an official championship.
Totally agreed, I had to leave them out of my examples, was impressed how well spread out the league championships were!

Checking the BVC enrollment numbers surprising that Arlington has fewer boys than Arcadia, Cory-Rawson, North Baltimore, Pandora-Gilboa and Riverdale. More girls than Pandora-Gilboa and North Baltimore, but still. That is all.

Last edited:
Jafo, you sure on numbers? Arlington 78 and most others mentioned in 60's. From ohsaa. Maybe the updated numbers are different. What was your source?

Checking the BVC enrollment numbers surprising that Arlington has fewer boys than Arcadia, Cory-Rawson, North Baltimore, Pandora-Gilboa and Riverdale. More girls than Pandora-Gilboa and North Baltimore, but still. That is all.
I was surprised by that as well. A combined boy enrollment of Cory Rawson and Arlington is 134. Still smaller than Liberty Benton

Just to further spice things up, LB has won or shared 11 basketball titles over those same 20 years. So, that is either dominating or embarrassing, since they have 100 more boys?
You also have to take into consideration, you might hate losing to them, but you love the gate they bring in. Nothing spends better then Suburb Money lol

BVC enrollments:
*- departing
**- incoming

Arcadia: 66
Arlington: 61
Cory-Rawson*- 73
Elmwood**- 154
Liberty Benton- 163
McComb- 83
North Baltimore*- 70
Pandora-Gilboa- 76
Riverdale- 122