Northwest Conference 2022

Was this part of a hazing incident? I sure hope not because the Stone Foltz situation has resulted in a zero tolerance climate.

I wasn't there, don't claim to know exactly what happened, but from what I have heard around the community, this was an issue where a freshman didn't like how a senior treated him and has blown it way out of proportion. I would certainly think that if there was any evidence of sexual assault or any type of assault for that matter, that these students would not be on the team, or would have had way stronger consequences than 1 and 2 game suspension.

Last edited:
My question is if the crowd will be bigger in Convoy for what I've dubbed the Battle of Willshire Township or in Wren for day 1 of wiffleball?

My question is if the crowd will be bigger in Convoy for what I've dubbed the Battle of Willshire Township or in Wren for day 1 of wiffleball?
I would imagine some people will be at wiffleball and the beer tent early, things will die down for a bit in Wren and then Wren will be hopping after the ballgame. I think over half of our staff are Wren area kids.

I wasn't there, don't claim to know exactly what happened, but from what I have heard around the community, this was an issue where a freshman didn't like how a senior treated him and has blown it way out of proportion. I would certainly think that if there was any evidence of sexual assault or any type of assault for that matter, that these students would not be on the team, or would have had way stronger consequences than 1 and 2 game suspension.
everyone wants to believe their coach would handle things correctly...in reality, a lot won't. you'd be amazed what happens inside the locker rooms, and nothing happens. this isn't the first time this has happened at crestview either

I would imagine some people will be at wiffleball and the beer tent early, things will die down for a bit in Wren and then Wren will be hopping after the ballgame. I think over half of our staff are Wren area kids.
Probably watch the AC vs Garrett game on TV and have the Parkway vs Crestview game on one radio and the Arcanum vs South Adams game on another. May step outside the garage to see what's happening in the Wiffleball game in the backyard

everyone wants to believe their coach would handle things correctly...in reality, a lot won't. you'd be amazed what happens inside the locker rooms, and nothing happens. this isn't the first time this has happened at crestview either
This didn't take place in the locker room, it was on the field. And I am in no way sticking up for Lautzenheiser or the program. If this truly happened, then he in my opinion, is just as much at fault as the players. I'm just saying before everyone throws these kids under the bus, let's get the whole story, so far we've only heard one side of it.

I don’t know about that. You must have first hand knowledge of something at crestview?

crestview up on parkway 15-0.

NWC went 4-3 last night.

The Spencerville score really surprised me as did the Allen East score. Leipsic game was close at the end.

Wins
CG
Crestview
Allen East
Bluffton

I don’t know about that. You must have first hand knowledge of something at crestview?
long history of this going on at crestview. a former star athlete got out of discipline because his mommy and daddy threw a fit and threatened to move him to van wert if he got in trouble after he and a few other teammates held down another kid and sticking objects up his you know where during an overnight field trip.

it used to be a tradition for crestview seniors to find an 8th grader to start dating. hell, lautzenheiser himself is married to one of his former students he started dating while she was still in high school.

long history of this going on at crestview. a former star athlete got out of discipline because his mommy and daddy threw a fit and threatened to move him to van wert if he got in trouble after he and a few other teammates held down another kid and sticking objects up his you know where during an overnight field trip.

it used to be a tradition for crestview seniors to find an 8th grader to start dating. hell, lautzenheiser himself is married to one of his former students he started dating while she was still in high school.
I think a lot of stupid stuff happens at all schools in locker rooms and elsewhere. I'd be careful of your wording on the last part. I grew up as a neighbor to his wife basically and she is the same age as myself. She lived on Sheets Rd just west of 49 and I grew up on the Indiana side of the state line just north of Sheets Rd and south of 350 N & Wren Landeck.

As a life-long Crestview Knight, you are bringing things up that I have never heard of. Crestview seniors dating 8th graders? Overnight trips with star athletes in a scandal? I'd be interested to hear whom you are referring to. There has only been a couple of overnight trips in the past ten years by any of our teams and that would be basketball on a few and rare occasions.

I don't have very much knowledge about James and Megan. There isn't a huge age gap and I'm not sure he was teaching when she was in school. They seem happily married.

dont have to be careful when its the truth
I never hung around her much, so I can't say for sure but your timing seems off from my memory. Either way, has little to do with the current. I do know Parkway can cast no stones for calling my second cousin a baby killer. She was in an accident that killed her younger brother. It became bad enough that all of the kids transferred out of Parkway. Every school has their own problems that are awful. Hopefully they become fewer in the future for Crestview and Parkway. Same can be said for the local schools in Indiana as well.

NWC went 4-3 last night.

The Spencerville score really surprised me as did the Allen East score. Leipsic game was close at the end.

Wins
CG
Crestview
Allen East
Bluffton
I just watched the replay of AE/USV and it appears AE went backwards from last year. May have been 1st game jitters but definitely not the level of last year

Week two is usually an indicator of what teams are real and what teams had a week one fluke. LB and grove. Pandora and bluffton. McComb and Marion local. These games should provide some insight on what the BVC and NWC will look like

Parkway was pretty bad. Their two TDs came on the end of two very nice catches by Parkway's Heindel. Crestview also has some talent at WR that is beginning to shine and Hunter threw the ball well.
One of those catches was a really nice one handed grab, over a 3rd string DB when Crestview was already up 35-0. The other was early in the 2nd half, over starting safety, who had great position but just got out played for the ball.

The WR's for Crestview I feel can be a real threat, hopefully the passing game continues to develop. Lot of speed and guys were running open pretty much all night.

One of those catches was a really nice one handed grab, over a 3rd string DB when Crestview was already up 35-0. The other was early in the 2nd half, over starting safety, who had great position but just got out played for the ball.

The WR's for Crestview I feel can be a real threat, hopefully the passing game continues to develop. Lot of speed and guys were running open pretty much all night.
As I said before, they have the athletes to be a team that consistently is in the final 8 if not final 4 most years in D7. Maybe they're finally putting all the pieces together.

Non Conference is over and league play starts this coming week . NWC is sitting at 12-12 for the non conference schedule. Any surprises so far this year?