Northmont Basketball

So lets see if the Administration is thinking outside the box. Northmont is a place that a big time program could be built from within, from the ground up. Facilities are top flight

Shady is not the word if this is true about the boys job at Wayne.. Nate was Trice assistant for ten years so they have a relationship, I hope the rumors are not true. As for the Northmont job and the two candidates that stand out both are winners but have not build within, both have built programs with kids from other districts. No knock on them but its the truth. I'm pretty sure the Northmont Admin have done their homework and will make a decision that is the best for their school district. Cant lose with either coach, both are needed desperately!! There could be a third guy that maybe stirring the pot up a little.
Whom would that be????:unsure:

Both have been known to poach players from other schools. Trotwood, Wayne, and DPS coaches need to be on their toes.

A strong Northmont would be wonderful for Dayton basketball. I think they can get to just a notch below Wayne/Trotwood/Centerville consistently. With the right coach it can happen. There are a lot of dudes walking around those halls.

Every school in gwoc has excellent facilities but so does several other schools in SWO and poaching is going to happen regardless of how you build

Give it back? Lol. Good luck with trying to force out someone that's a teacher in the building and that has around a .700 winning percentage...that sounds an awful lot like a losing war with the teacher's union.
Well, what is best in the union’s eyes (Wayne football). That is the given with sports, politics, and jobs etc.

5 years he was a great hire at the time, he did a fine job Middle/town is nowhere near what it used to be decades ago. No recent coach has done well there. Notice the slash right down the middle.

5 years he was a great hire at the time, he did a fine job Middle/town is nowhere near what it used to be decades ago. No recent coach has done well there. Notice the slash right down the middle.
Fine job? Enlighten me. 38-77 according to the GMC website.

Fine job? Enlighten me. 38-77 according to the GMC website.
In other words, he did what he could with what he had. There's no big time talent in Middle/town they were a powerhouse in football as well for decades now both(football/basketball) programs are after thoughts in addition to the other issues surrounding athletics and the city. Most times you have to look inside the numbers and ask why? Both Middletown and Hamilton dominated the conference along with Princeton in all sports but for the Middies and the Big Blue those days are long gone!

Last edited:
Probably as good of a hire as Northmont could have made short of hiring Trice. The last several years Middletown seems to have been thin on talent, and they are at a huge enrollment disadvantage at this point against most of the schools in their league. It's probably not a coincidence that the Middies, Colerain and Sycamore seem to be in the bottom half of the GMC every year in basketball. It's really difficult to compete against schools that have 2,500+ in the building if you don't have multiple bonafide studs.

Northmont has a lot of positives and could be a solid basketball program IMO with a coach that's invested in building the program from the bottom up. With this hire along with their location and facilities, I also wouldn't be surprised if they manage to attract a few players to speed up the building process.

A lot easier to win in the tournament D1 in Dayton than it is to win D1 in Cincinnati. For that reason alone he will probably do better at Northmont than at Middletown.

A lot easier to win in the tournament D1 in Dayton than it is to win D1 in Cincinnati. For that reason alone he will probably do better at Northmont than at Middletown.
That my friend is nothing but a FACT!!!! Northmont will be very competitive, Coach Hoskins get his kids to Defend and play hard. Plus Northmont always has some talent.

In other words, he did what he could with what he had. There's no big time talent in Middle/town they were a powerhouse in football as well for decades now both(football/basketball) programs are after thoughts in addition to the other issues surrounding athletics and the city. Most times you have to look inside the numbers and ask why? Both Middletown and Hamilton dominated the conference along with Princeton in all sports but for the Middies and the Big Blue those days are long gone!
Agree

He had 5-110 talent in regards to the league. He out coached his talent. Some of the best coaching jobs in the state have sub .500 records. Only real ones know that.
He can really coach and has a great staff. He’ll right the ship if given the time