Northmont Basketball

Northmont started out the season winning 3/4 games and I thought they had finally turned it around and then they went on a 6 game losing streak. They are currently 5-8 (A vast improvement from last season) and based off the scores it looks like their in most of the games they lost so that is positive. I know they lost a few good players in Isaiah Ramey, Prophet Johnson and Max (Can't think of his last name) to name a few. Add those kids back to this current roster and they might really have something!! I just don't understand why Northmont can't get right! Great academics, Great facilities, Great location, etc. What am I missing??? Why are kids/families continuously leaving the district??

Northmont hasn't ever been a real strong basketball school except back in the 60s-70s. Their heritage is very strong but since the 80s I think they are decent at best. They have everything in place to be a juggernaut. No doubt.

Coaching and administration! They have everything and more that most schools don't have in athletes .facilities and decent academics but not bad. as of last school year they had a "C" on their report card. The problem is the district does not care about athletics particularly basketball. The head coach is very limited in knowledge of the game, doesn't identify well with his personnel, no chemistry with his staff(he's had several coaches quit his program during the season between this year and last year) and he doesn't support or believe in his players so he's not well liked. He's been there for three seasons now, he has 5 wins, 1 win, and 5 wins so far this season. He's had or has as much talent as a Centerville, Wayne, Springfield or even a Trotwood! He doesn't develop his players so they don't get better. To his credit he does what he knows so the program is suffering but he's losing good players in the process.

The sad part is that the district continues to allow this to happen! They 're hiring process is very limited it is not open to everyone , that's one issue among many at Northmont. Mark Baker was a long time assistant of Jim Brown as well as Allen Spears who has a relative on the board, both guys were D1 basketball players and have obtained head jobs at other places 2 places for Mark yet they continue to hire the "same" guy. Football has become a perennial playoff team so it's not disciplinary it's the same kids. Until they're change their perspective or perception at Northmont they will always underachieve especially in basketball!

Coaching and administration! They have everything and more that most schools don't have in athletes .facilities and decent academics but not bad. as of last school year they had a "C" on their report card. The problem is the district does not care about athletics particularly basketball. The head coach is very limited in knowledge of the game, doesn't identify well with his personnel, no chemistry with his staff(he's had several coaches quit his program during the season between this year and last year) and he doesn't support or believe in his players so he's not well liked. He's been there for three seasons now, he has 5 wins, 1 win, and 5 wins so far this season. He's had or has as much talent as a Centerville, Wayne, Springfield or even a Trotwood! He doesn't develop his players so they don't get better. To his credit he does what he knows so the program is suffering but he's losing good players in the process.

The sad part is that the district continues to allow this to happen! They 're hiring process is very limited it is not open to everyone , that's one issue among many at Northmont. Mark Baker was a long time assistant of Jim Brown as well as Allen Spears who has a relative on the board, both guys were D1 basketball players and have obtained head jobs at other places 2 places for Mark yet they continue to hire the "same" guy. Football has become a perennial playoff team so it's not disciplinary it's the same kids. Until they're change their perspective or perception at Northmont they will always underachieve especially in basketball!
You think they go in a different direction after this season?

They ran a coach who was winning off. How committed are the kids? Will administration back the coaches and give them what it takes to build a program? Will parents let the coaches coach and not assume their kid is the next nba star?

They ran a coach who was winning off. How committed are the kids? Will administration back the coaches and give them what it takes to build a program? Will parents let the coaches coach and not assume their kid is the next nba star?
He's been there three years, it's not always on the kids, they want structure and they also want a coach who has their total support. The administration doesn't care about hiring a quality coach they were already(read the earlier post). The facilities are as good as anyone's in the area, players are there. Again, read my first post. The kids are in the building THE FOOTBALL TEAM HAS MADE THE PLAYOFFS 4 OR 5 YEARS CONSECUTIVELY! It's not always on the kids.

They have won ONE league championship (outright) a few years ago and shared ONE league championship (early 2000’s) since the 1970’s. Football has always been the #1 priority over there in Tbolt country. Yes, football has won some league championships recently, but have benefited from quite a few transfers (especially QB’s) to help their cause.

He's been there three years, it's not always on the kids, they want structure and they also want a coach who has their total support. The administration doesn't care about hiring a quality coach they were already(read the earlier post). The facilities are as good as anyone's in the area, players are there. Again, read my first post. The kids are in the building THE FOOTBALL TEAM HAS MADE THE PLAYOFFS 4 OR 5 YEARS CONSECUTIVELY! It's not always on the kids.
I was meaning when they let Jim Brown go for no reason at all after a 17 win season

I was meaning when they let Jim Brown go for no reason at all after a 17 win season

Northmont has largely gotten what they've deserved over the last eight years for what they did to Jim Brown. Minus one good season in 2016-17, they've had a lot of bad to mediocre basketball teams that have consistently underperformed the school's athletic talent level.

While the Brown thing seemed to be in-house good ol' boy politics screwing over a great coach that didn't work in the school system, the principal and A.D. from that sham are gone, and Brown's successor has been out of the program for a few years. Northmont's kids and basketball program have suffered enough due to the selfishness and politicking of adults. Hopefully they eventually get it figured out.

Northmont has largely gotten what they've deserved over the last eight years for what they did to Jim Brown. Minus one good season in 2016-17, they've had a lot of bad to mediocre basketball teams that have consistently underperformed the school's athletic talent level.

While the Brown thing seemed to be in-house good ol' boy politics screwing over a great coach that didn't work in the school system, the principal and A.D. from that sham are gone, and Brown's successor has been out of the program for a few years. Northmont's kids and basketball program have suffered enough due to the selfishness and politicking of adults. Hopefully they eventually get it figured out.
I'm pretty sure Brown's successor is the current head coach...

WELPPPP... Looks like Northmont is open!!! What direction will the administration go??? Plenty of good candidates for this sleeper of a job. Rocky Rockhold, Anthony Parker, Allen Spears, Pete Pullen...

I would think there would be plenty of quality candidates for this job...the question is whether or not this is really open or if they're just going to hire from within again.

This should be a good job. Quality athletes in the building and phenomenal facilities.

WELPPPP... Looks like Northmont is open!!! What direction will the administration go??? Plenty of good candidates for this sleeper of a job. Rocky Rockhold, Anthony Parker, Allen Spears, Pete Pullen...
None of those guys would want that job

LOL... Oh just you wait!!! You want to put a case of Diet Dew on it like Skip & Shannon???
You’ll lose Rockhold won’t take that job it’s not a better job than Trotwood it would be a step down. Parker still has to prove himself at West Carrollton, Spears is a possibility and Pullen is older he’d be perfect for an established program he’d have to build at Northmont. I believe the new AD will go with a young coach that can create a culture and grow a program someone who can grow with the program. An established name coach is not always the answer or a retread. Young is the way to go here.

You’ll lose Rockhold won’t take that job it’s not a better job than Trotwood it would be a step down. Parker still has to prove himself at West Carrollton, Spears is a possibility and Pullen is older he’d be perfect for an established program he’d have to build at Northmont. I believe the new AD will go with a young coach that can create a culture and grow a program someone who can grow with the program. An established name coach is not always the answer or a retread. Young is the way to go here.
I agree with the beginning. The ending is interesting.

Myles, Amari, Tori, Mir, Justin etc. are not walking the Trotwood hallways anymore!! Young coach??? Throw some names out there. A young inexperienced coach with a D1 job in the GWOC?? Not happening... I like Spears alot!! He would be a great hire heck I think he lives in Englewood and was on staff previously.

Trotwood is still good. Remember they didn’t even get half a season in this year. They have a loaded freshman group and some other younger kids that can play

You're exactly right those guys aren't but Blanton 6'5(22' D1 prospect), Blanton(24' top 5 Ohio,, top 25 nationally) sat out most of this year, blood clots) Yates(top 3 Ohio, top 25 nationally, first guard off the bench this year 24'), Bozeman 6'6(22' 6'9 wingspan) Bozeman(24' 6'5 6'7 wingspan) Hardin (24' 6'6), Smith(24' varsity ballplayer this year actually played), Carpenter(24' 6'4 avg. 10ppg this year on varsity top 10 Ohio), Howard(24' dressed varsity) They are walking the hall and playing and there's more.
The GWOC is not a great conference, Decent at best and in high school D1 means you just have more boys than anyone else it's not college basketball in which there is distinct difference in height, size, and speed Northmont clearly exemplifies that they can't beat decent D2 teams high school teams neither can Fairmont, Beavercreek, Springboro or Miamisburg last time I checked they're all GWOC schools and they all have more boys and top notch facilities. Spears is a good possibility however all the kids he had when he was there are now gone. Did you notice all the 24's?

Trotwood is loaded with younger talent, and with being league-less now they are capable of stacking one of the best schedules in the state every year if they want. There's no way Rocky is leaving that to build from scratch at Northmont.

Rockhold will be silly to leave all that young talent in the program. The JV team started 3 or 4 freshman half the time and we're pretty good. This kids won the GWOC 2 years in a row in MS and the young Blanton kid didn't even play this year. Add that to the older Blanton, Bozeman and some of those other kids coming back. The next few years for the Rams could be scary good.

This year was a wash... Stopping and starting, playing the first game the second week of January. Seniors quitting, two or three straight weeks with 3 and 4 games during the week and then only playing about 14 games. I believe Rockhold reboots with the young group and in a year or two, they will be back. Nmont?? I don't know who you hire for that job. Step 1 is getting those kids to stop believing the Kleptz Y is Madison Square Garden....They seem more excited about playing there than for the school. Need a coach to fix that.

I KNOW all those 24s well... Let me clue you in. Mar Mar is not even at Trotwood and hasn't been. He's at Meadowdale. Where you getting these rankings?? Again I know these kids well... Will is not Top 3 in nobody's state of Ohio (2024) in Basketball. Knock it off!! If this was a post regarding football I would roll with you. Tymier has a chance to be special!! I really like Tim... He's really good!! Juice Bozeman the younger of the 2 Bozemans has a chance and comes from good stock. If you think all those 24s will be at Trotwood in 2024 I have magic beans for sale. It's rumors of kids you named on this post in the transfer portal already. Northmont was terrible but it's not because of lack of talent.

I KNOW all those 24s well... Let me clue you in. Mar Mar is not even at Trotwood and hasn't been. He's at Meadowdale. Where you getting these rankings?? Again I know these kids well... Will is not Top 3 in nobody's state of Ohio (2024) in Basketball. Knock it off!! If this was a post regarding football I would roll with you. Tymier has a chance to be special!! I really like Tim... He's really good!! Juice Bozeman the younger of the 2 Bozemans has a chance and comes from good stock. If you think all those 24s will be at Trotwood in 2024 I have magic beans for sale. It's rumors of kids you named on this post in the transfer portal already. Northmont was terrible but it's not because of lack of talent.
Mar Mar is atTrotwood not quite sure where you got your information. Will he stay, don't know but I dang sure saw him the other day coming out the weight room and my neighbor said he has been at school just about every day since the kids have been back in the building.....Check on that one.