Northmont (2-0) @ Fairmont (3-0)

Firebuck

Any thoughts on how this game is going to go? At least on paper, this game appears to be a matchup between two evenly matched teams. The GWOC's #1 overall offense in Northmont will be battling the league's #1 overall defense in Fairmont. The league's #1 overall rushing offense in Fairmont will be facing the #1 overall rushing defense in Northmont. The GWOC's #5 passing offense in Northmont will be facing the #2 passing defense in Fairmont. This game is shaping up to be a great GWOC matchup between two teams playing at a high level right now.

I think Fairmont is for real. They're well-coached, physical and they don't beat themselves. Plus they are tough at home. N'mont will give them all they want, but I think if Fairmont can get out front, they'll put it away. But it'll be tight.

I agree, I believe Fairmont is for real. At the very least, they aren't a lot of fun to play against. They're the definition of a ball control offense and a solid defense. If teams let them play in their comfort zone, it's like going to the dentist for 4 quarters. It's honestly hard to get possessions when they're playing how they prefer to on offense. Until someone can get them out of that style, I'll go with:

Fairmont 21
Northmont 14

I think Fairmont will again be able to win time of possession by a large margin. However, Northmont’s quick strike ability will make this a very close game. Fairmont’s excellent kicker to make the difference at the end!
Fairmont - 24
Northmont - 21

I think Fairmont will again be able to win time of possession by a large margin. However, Northmont’s quick strike ability will make this a very close game. Fairmont’s excellent kicker to make the difference at the end!
Fairmont - 24
Northmont - 21
final was 24-21 Fairmont. Fairmont was down 21-10 late and fairmont pulled it out. Baker is a beast. that Fairmont kicker was hitting from 53 yards during warm ups. I was really impressed with the Firebirds front 3. Fairmont looked very disiplined. they are legit , I think in the GWOC.