Northeastern Buckeye Conference 2012

Louisville and West Branch return a lot as well. I would say the the Leps or Aviators are favored again. South will be strong but too young to win, Branch will be great on Vizuzzo's starts. It could get interesting...anyone know early matchups?

Bowles and Costello should provide as good of 1 2 pitchers in the NBC. Hitting will determine CS success

South also has a darn good freshmen on the mound that will bolster their staff even more.

Young squad, but very talented. IMO they will contend for the NBC crown this year.

Your right both Wilson (Fr.) Wade & Settles (soph) had a good showing at a recent PBR showcase at Avon. South has a very good younger group of players.

Louisville and West Branch return a lot as well. I would say the the Leps or Aviators are favored again. South will be strong but too young to win, Branch will be great on Vizuzzo's starts. It could get interesting...anyone know early matchups?

South didn't have any problem with Alliace or louisville in the sec. And dist. Last year and there a lot better this year . If South stays healthy they are the team to beat .

Doesn't Louisville bring back both starters? Sounds like the NBC will be strong pretty much all the way around. Anyone know what Salem will be like?

Louisville has some returning talent coming back and there are a couple talented freshmen coming up that could help out this season.

I can't believe no one is talking about the NBC .. So who is gonna win it ? Lots of great players from WB to South . Alliance and louisvillecshould all be good ..

how about this...

post your non-league schedules for a comparison so we can get a feel for who plays the best schedule.

also, thoughts on the best all-around baseball facility in the loop...

Canton south 3/19 Jackson Massillon 3/24 Green 3/26 Lake 3/31 Upper Arlington 4/07 McKinley 4/27 Canton Central Catholic 4/28 Hoover 5/12 GlenOak I don't see anyone in our area playing much better but I'm no expert .

I think West Branch and Louisville will be real good this year as well . Alliance always finds a way to be in the mix also . But if South stay's healthy, they will be the team to beat .

It is the tough non conference schedule that I believe will give Canton South the edge this year. I think Alliance has just as much talent & depth, but as was evident last year in the tourney match up, Canton South was playing better ball at the end of the season. It will be the same again this year. CS will play a tough non conference opponent every weekend & Alliance will take weekend out of state road trips & beat up on sub-level competition. Should be an interesting year in the NBC.

You really think on a talent level Alliance is in that same class . bowels is going to Ohio State . There saying Prep baseball report has Dj Wilson one of the top 10 underclass man in the state, With Wade and Wilson not far behind . If Alliance is that good its gonna be tuff in the NBC . The team that wins may have 3 losses in the NBC .

Maybe not on an individual level, but both teams go beyond just a few players. South has a good lineup top to bottom. It's gonna be fun to watch DJ Wilson play for the next four years, very dynamic player. I consider them the favorite, but yes, I do believe that a team like Alliance could beat them. Don't think it will go to a three loss team, but I don't see anyone running the table.

Maybe not on an individual level, but both teams go beyond just a few players. South has a good lineup top to bottom. It's gonna be fun to watch DJ Wilson play for the next four years, very dynamic player. I consider them the favorite, but yes, I do believe that a team like Alliance could beat them. Don't think it will go to a three loss team, but I don't see anyone running the table.

I agree... I ment to say wade and Settles . There are a lot of top players on that team I agree 3guys don't make a team just throughing a few out there . I like the Thompson kid a lot to . Mallon may end up real good also .

Why is there no talk from other schools? Is Canton South the only team?

I got to watch Canton South in person today . I can see why there is not a lot of talk . They field a solid ball player at every spot and some will sit that would play in most of the schools in the area . This looks to be a very good team . Goodluck to Trent and South .

I heard from a Minerva parent that they were supposed to be really good. What's the chance of them competing for the NBC this year? I've never know them to have a good baseball team.

I'll project:

1) Louisville
2) South
3) Alliance
4) West Branch
5) Minerva
6) Marlington
7) Carrollton
8) Salem

I'll readjust my projection to:

1) South
2) Louisville
3) Alliance
4) Minerva
5) West Branch
6) Marlington
7) Carrollton
8) Salem

Last edited:
I heard from a Minerva parent that they were supposed to be really good. What's the chance of them competing for the NBC this year? I've never know them to have a good baseball team.

I'll project:

1) Louisville
2) South
3) Alliance
4) West Branch
5) Minerva
6) Marlington
7) Carrollton
8) Salem

Louisville will have to be a lot better than they were last year . South took 2 of 3 from them last year . South is alot better than they were last year . I hope it's close but I think they are gonna run away with it .

Louisville will have to be a lot better than they were last year . South took 2 of 3 from them last year . South is alot better than they were last year . I hope it's close but I think they are gonna run away with it .

South has there Red and Grey game sat at noon come out and see for yourself there the team to beat . Yes this early there that good ........ :party: