Northeast Ohio vs. America Showcase

Is this event Week One in the Ohio season? Are they doing it annually? Avon is open Week One of 2024 and I would love to see them in this event! What an awesome way to start a season for the teams involved!
If it becomes an annual event probably depends how well it does. The Freedom Bowl last year was supposed to be a 5 year deal but it was one and done. I'm guessing somebody lost a ton of money on that one.

If it becomes an annual event probably depends how well it does. The Freedom Bowl last year was supposed to be a 5 year deal but it was one and done. I'm guessing somebody lost a ton of money on that one.

Has anyone ever made money on these events? Even the nationally televised Herbstreit events were financial losers from what I recall.

Has anyone ever made money on these events? Even the nationally televised Herbstreit events were financial losers from what I recall.
Have to be reasonable travel for most if not all of the games. The Herbie latest as long as espn felt they got enough out of it. The problem was TV viewers didn't want to see 25th best team in Ohio play the 2nd best from another state. That and over saturation. First with the doubleheader at Crew Stadium worked. Nearly a dozen games spread out on multiple days and venues didn't.

With an event like this I'm shocked that the Massillon game isn't Saturday night to help draw in neutral fans who would be interested. But going up against all the other Friday night games means relying on Glenville , Hoban and St Ed fans to travel.

Have to be reasonable travel for most if not all of the games. The Herbie latest as long as espn felt they got enough out of it. The problem was TV viewers didn't want to see 25th best team in Ohio play the 2nd best from another state. That and over saturation. First with the doubleheader at Crew Stadium worked. Nearly a dozen games spread out on multiple days and venues didn't.

With an event like this I'm shocked that the Massillon game isn't Saturday night to help draw in neutral fans who would be interested. But going up against all the other Friday night games means relying on Glenville , Hoban and St Ed fans to travel.
Agree with this. I'd come see Massillon/Valdosta in a heartbeat if it was Saturday night. But I know I won't be able to make it on Friday because of the local stuff here.

The Massillon game is Friday because of the fanbase…they tailgate before and after games. So if you put them Saturday night their fans will fill the parking lots early, most likely during the previous game. There would be no parking available. That’s why D2 title game is always on Thursday just in case Massillon makes it, their fans don’t take the parking from the other games.

The Massillon game is Friday because of the fanbase…they tailgate before and after games. So if you put them Saturday night their fans will fill the parking lots early, most likely during the previous game. There would be no parking available. That’s why D2 title game is always on Thursday just in case Massillon makes it, their fans don’t take the parking from the other games.
The second game was going to have a small crowd regardless.

Easiest way to solve it would be to start Game 1 at 11am, Game 2 at about 230pm/3pm (30 minutes after the end of the first game), and then Game 3 at 7:30pm. Giving at least two hours of time to kill between games. The vast majority of fans will be there just for their game. The fans that will take in more than one will be minuscule and fans staying for all 3 will number in the double digits.

It's because IMG doesn't really care about the finances to show up. They'll show up because that's what THEIR students' parents are paying for. Which is why they almost always will agree to these deals. IMG is scheduled to play PA 6A Champion St. Joseph's Prep the very next week in Ocean City at the Battle at the Beach.

It's because IMG doesn't really care about the finances to show up. They'll show up because that's what THEIR students' parents are paying for. Which is why they almost always will agree to these deals. IMG is scheduled to play PA 6A Champion St. Joseph's Prep the very next week in Ocean City at the Battle at the Beach.
IMG shouldn't be playing anyone other than teams like Aquinas, Miami Central, Mater Dei, Bosco, St Frances Academy and others. They are a national all star team.

Game is false !

Attachments

• 4747AB97-1B40-4238-AD8D-B956AABD9707.png
    4747AB97-1B40-4238-AD8D-B956AABD9707.png
    609.2 KB · Views: 79
The second game was going to have a small crowd regardless.

Easiest way to solve it would be to start Game 1 at 11am, Game 2 at about 230pm/3pm (30 minutes after the end of the first game), and then Game 3 at 7:30pm. Giving at least two hours of time to kill between games. The vast majority of fans will be there just for their game. The fans that will take in more than one will be minuscule and fans staying for all 3 will number in the double digits.
For a Saturday game the Massillon tailgaters will be there by 7am. For the Mass vs McKinley game they show up Friday night after the parade to get the smokers loaded up and get the cook going.

For a Saturday game the Massillon tailgaters will be there by 7am. For the Mass vs McKinley game they show up Friday night after the parade to get the smokers loaded up and get the cook going.
The first two games are going to have a combined crowd of under 2000,whichever two they pick. It would not be an issue.

I’d like to see Hoban or Ed’s play IMG rather than Glenville. While Glenville certainly is great in my opinion Hoban and Ed’s have separated themselves from everyone else in Ohio.
Strongly disagree with Hoban. Maybe you have forgotten about Winton Woods and TCC?

You
I don’t think any Ohio school should waste their time against IMG. It’s not really a HS model.will
There will be one Ohio team that will travel to IMG.
IMG is hurting more and more. There is very good money offered to players at this point to head down to Florida. The can stay away from Ohio as far as I am concerned.

Best on best. This is about the best teams in Northeast Ohio playing the best teams from other states. This will speak to the depth of the region. Not all, some people forget pairing up one Northeast Ohio team vs a few national very top teams would be like combining St Edward and Hoban. It is not necessarily enrollment for a few schools, it’s the area and miles you can pull from and your pulling the best of the best. Or, if you’re talking some public schools you may be talking 4000-5000 Kids. Despite that, there were attempts to create these games.

Ill tell you this, every single program participating wanted a champion. That speaks volumes to the region and these programs. That is not normal for many Coaches. I am telling you, feel you guys would be surprised. This is the fact here, on who is NOT coming, Aquinas no response over and over, Bosco called back but they wanted big dollars, a deal was put together then they went cold. Thompson, Alabama who has won 4 titles in a row over schools like Hoover were initially really close, until they found out the would play St. Edward.

Let’s roll with what we got to support our region! Remember this is good we have buzz here in NEO, we need our ball being talked about nationally. We need to stay up with the rest of the nation. One last thing, in the history of HSFB we will see the most combined wins ever play a game! 3 other teams will play against other State Champions. In the history of HSFB there has never been 1 region(NEO) schools a short drive apart to do what we are doing on this caliber. I say we, we is US! That’s everyone here, the programs, communities, fans, supporters, former players, the players coming up, even the talkers😂. Let’s ride! Tune in tomorrow at 2:55. The next game will end up with 17 D1 recruits!! And do some research before you do not love the matchups. Every team coming here plays with every ounce they have, just like our kids here..

Love what you guys do here, and the passion for the ball. Great takes and conversations, and a few bad takes. Lol. Ttys

Last edited:
IMG does have multiple teams
As far as I'm aware, they have three. The IMG Academy team we're all familiar with (the National Team) and then they have IMG Blue and IMG White. Which are their more 'normal' teams. Blue and White mostly just play Florida schools.

And IMG is already playing St. Joseph's Prep in New Jersey the week after Ohio.