Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Napoleon

• Southview

• Springfield

• Total voters

Perrysburg and Northview at the top again.

AW, Southview, Napoleon and BG battling it out 3rd-6th. One of these teams could steal one from Pburg or Nview.

There is no real “star” player in the league this year. Should be interesting who can put all of the pieces together and make a run for the league championship. Perrysburg has to be the favorite going into the season.

There is no real “star” player in the league this year. Should be interesting who can put all of the pieces together and make a run for the league championship. Perrysburg has to be the favorite going into the season.
To that point, no 1st team all-league players return and only Watkins for Perrysburg returns from the 2nd team. Anthony Wayne (Schofield), BG (Conway) and Napoleon (Wolf) all return one honorable-mention selection.

To that point, no 1st team all-league players return and only Watkins for Perrysburg returns from the 2nd team. Anthony Wayne (Schofield), BG (Conway) and Napoleon (Wolf) all return one honorable-mention selection.
Does anyone have any predictions for player of the year for this season? I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head.

Prephoops Ohio just posted their NLL predictions for this season and they went as the following: Perrysburg, BG, AW, Northview, Southview, Napoleon, Maumee, and then Springfield.

Prephoops Ohio just posted their NLL predictions for this season and they went as the following: Perrysburg, BG, AW, Northview, Southview, Napoleon, Maumee, and then Springfield.
And we also had another prephoops prediction of the following: perrysburg, northview, southview, Napoleon, AW, bg, Springfield, and Maumee. Seems like perrysburg is the consistent and the rest are just being jumbled around!

Does anyone have any predictions for player of the year for this season? I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head.
PrepHoopsOH predicted Matt Watkins. I've watched that kid play since 5th grade. Has all the talent in the world. Just depends on him mentally.

Pburg scrimmaged St. John's this morning, but didn't have 4 football kids so they probably didn't look all that great. 3 of the football kids are starters. They also scrimmage Defiance on Tuesday and Elyria next Saturday morning.

BG scrimmaged Port Clinton and Leipsic. I guess PC was not very good and Leipsic was OK. Hastings still isn't playing due to his knee injury in week 10 of football, but is supposed to be back in the next 10-14 days. Will be interesting to see how he comes back from that.

I think Lima Sr had that "mega scrimmage" today (going on all day). Some good teams there.

*Bump

Thought I would bump this thread to see if we could get some more discussion going since the season has now started and each team in the NLL has played a few games.

While l still early I think most things have kind of played out as we predicted. Perrysburg is very solid and will be tough to beat. Northview hasn’t really had a test yet but they play at Perrysburg on Friday so that will change. BG has been a disappointment in the two games they played so far. AW is solid and will be a tough out as usual. I think Springfield is better than some thought. Napoleon is OK and I don’t think they have Blake Wolfe back yet that I could tell. Southview has the Bays kid and that’s about it.

If this has been discussed somewhere else, I forgot. Next season in basketball do we play each team in our division twice and everyone in the other division once?

Parker Schofield wins NLL POY. Not sure if it's "Co" or not, but would be surprising if he got it all by himself and Matt Watkins didn't at least share it.

Schofield averaged 18 pts, 5 reb , and 6 ast.

Watkins averaged 17.4 pts. Unsure of his rebounds and assists averages. Any idea?

Schofield averaged 18 pts, 5 reb , and 6 ast.

Watkins averaged 17.4 pts. Unsure of his rebounds and assists averages. Any idea?
Watkins averaged 18.3 PPG in the league. 17.6 on the season. I know because I kept score each game. I’m not sure of his rebounds or assists either as I didn’t keep track of those every game.

Maybe he didn’t get it because his worst game of the season was in the double overtime loss at home vs AW (only scored 10, 3-12 from field, 1-7 from 3) and Schofield’s best game of the season was in that same game (scored 28), which basically gave AW the co-championship with Pburg. That said, the game at Anthony Wayne Pburg won by 21 and Watkins had one of his best games (23 pts) and Schofield I believe had one of his worst where he only scored 11 points.

Last edited:
Watkins averaged 18.3 PPG in the league. 17.6 on the season. I know because I kept score each game. I’m not sure of his rebounds or assists either as I didn’t keep track of those every game.

I just went off the Blade final stats that were published today. Presumably sent in by Boyce. Which had him at 17.4.

I just went off the Blade final stats that were published today. Presumably sent in by Boyce. Which had him at 17.4.
I had him for a total of 387 points this season. Blade/Boyce has him for 382. Those were for the season total though… Not league play and I’m pretty sure they use “league only” stats for determining NLL awards.

I’ll get the full team stats at some point after this season and I will let you know what his rebounds and assists were. I’m curious to know myself.

I had him for a total of 387 points this season. Blade/Boyce has him for 382. Those were for the season total though… Not league play and I’m pretty sure they use “league only” stats for determining NLL awards.

I’ll get the full team stats at some point after this season and I will let you know what his rebounds and assists were. I’m curious to know myself.
I would keep in mind the fact Perrysburg had another first team player, a 2nd team and honorable mention. Anthony Wayne had one 2nd team and one honorable mention. It’s possible coaches believed Schofield led AW to the same record as Watkins led Perrysburg in the NLL with less help around him.

That’s certainly possible I just really don’t like the reasoning. I just don’t think you should take away from a kid who is the leader and best player on his team and penalize him because the team around him is better.