Nikola Jokic and Markieff Morris exchange

What is your opinion of this altercation?

• Markieff Morris started it and Nikola Jokic finished it

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Markieff Morris barely touched him and Nikola Jokic overreacted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Markieff Morris and Nikola Jokic had dirty plays

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No big deal. Play on and forget about it.

• Other

• Total voters

The Jokic brothers are what the Morris brothers want to believe they are. Markieff is probably fortunate the other Jokic boys that were getting unruly in the stands didn't come out of the crowd and stomp him.

It was a cheap shot by Morris, but Jokic over-reacted in a major way. It's telling that Morris got a flagrant foul on the initial play.

Lots to unpack here and I'll discuss further in this post. First of all, the game appeared to be getting chippy, so this wasn't just a random act. Miami was behind, they were upset that they thought Bam got fouled and was laying on the floor. Morris, trying to do the crappy NBA intentional foul took a beline to Jokic and didn't just foul him, he body slammed him. Jokic was trying to pass the ball up and it was a dangerous play and cheap.

Jokic reacted like alot of people would when you do a non-basketball foul intentionally and blasted Morris.

A couple of telling things in this whole exchange. Not one Heat player came to Morris's defense, at least not initially. Yes, it looked bad, but Morris is a banger and he gets hit all the time. He "soccered" it up a bit by laying on the floor and going back down. Did a great Lebron imitation.

Now the big picture and I don't know why the NBA does this. But they have this open path rule and it's just a bunch of crap. If a player fouls a team who has an advantage, it's intentional and the offense should get two free throws and the ball back. This would stop this silliness. I'd even be ok if the play continued - like soccer or hockey then assess the penalty when the offensive possession is over.

It was a cheap shot by Morris, but Jokic over-reacted in a major way. It's telling that Morris got a flagrant foul on the initial play.

Morris' mommy chined in and told Morris to cool his jets. Maybe Jokic's mommy should get him in line. Heck, I think the entire league would be better if the mommies came in and started laying the wood.