NFL replacing Pro Bowl with week of skills competitions, flag football game

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
No one knew it at the time, but the 2022 Pro Bowl was the last Pro Bowl that will be played in quite awhile.

The NFL announced Monday that it's doing away with the Pro Bowl in its current form, which has been played since 1951, and will replace it with The Pro Bowl Games, a week of skills competitions that will end with a flag football game.

Haven't watched a Pro Bowl since the late 1980s

Haven't watched a Pro Bowl since the late 1980s
That's why it's being replaced. They will not - not have anything because there are enough degenerates that will watch anything NFL related and live sports programming is what runs network television. Well, that and The View.

I'll be stunned of the flag football game gets much run. Robert Edwards, a running back drafted by the Patriots in 1998, rushed for over 1,000 yards that season, ripped his knee up in a rookie flag football game in Hawaii during pro bowl festivities. He nearly had his leg amputated due to the impact of the injury. He didn't return until 2002 and that was his last season with the Pats. He his career with 3 seasons in Canada.

I think, in a way, it speaks well of the overall product. The NFL gives us physical, violent, serious competition. That’s what we want. We all know that the Pro Bowl…isn’t…and can’t pretend to be that product.

Unlike the NBA All Star Game, which isn’t too far different from a pre Christmas regular season game in terms of intensity.

I think, in a way, it speaks well of the overall product. The NFL gives us physical, violent, serious competition. That’s what we want. We all know that the Pro Bowl…isn’t…and can’t pretend to be that product.

Unlike the NBA All Star Game, which isn’t too far different from a pre Christmas regular season game in terms of intensity.
Watch a replay from what I would term the Golden Age of the NBA, the Jordan years. The all-star games look like real games with real intensity.

Watch a replay from what I would term the Golden Age of the NBA, the Jordan years. The all-star games look like real games with real intensity.
Yes, I don’t disagree. That’s Jordan and his competitive personality.

You would agree, I assume, that it no longer looks like a “contest” at all.

Yes, I don’t disagree. That’s Jordan and his competitive personality.

You would agree, I assume, that it no longer looks like a “contest” at all.
No. The Pro Bowl doesn't even look like football and the NBA all-star game is a farce.

You said it. I miss the good ole days when the NCAA Champion played the Superbowl Champion.
The good ole days that you describe DID NOT exist!😯 The NFL champ played a team of college All-Stars to start the preseason...and it came to an end not long after the Super Bowl came into existence.

The good ole days that you describe DID NOT exist!😯 The NFL champ played a team of college All-Stars to start the preseason...and it came to an end not long after the Super Bowl came into existence.
Yeah that was it!