NFL. Get vaccinated or lose your job

If a NFL game is not played or forfeited, obviously the NFL owners would not want to play the players. The NFL owners (as most of the world) probably never guessed that a pandemic would hit when they negotiated the CBA back in 2017 or 2018 so I doubt if "Covid Protocols" are mention in the agreement. However, the playing or not playing of a game and the payment or no payment to players - absolutely. It may be a crock of crap but if the game isn't played - there is $$$ revenue lost, the NFL owners simply pushed that crap on down stream to all the players.

Personally I believe the NFL owners could care less about the political issue the to vaccinate or not vaccinate has become. Heck, a few of them probably are not vaccinated themselves. However, the real issue here as it is most often is $$$$$. Whatever it takes to get the games played, the NFL is on board with. Vaccination has proven to be effective. The players can either get on board or sit/not play. It's nothing personal, it's just business - ie $$$$$.

If a NFL game is not played or forfeited, obviously the NFL owners would not want to play the players. The NFL owners (as most of the world) probably never guessed that a pandemic would hit when they negotiated the CBA back in 2017 or 2018 so I doubt if "Covid Protocols" are mention in the agreement. However, the playing or not playing of a game and the payment or no payment to players - absolutely. It may be a crock of crap but if the game isn't played - there is $$$ revenue lost, the NFL owners simply pushed that crap on down stream to all the players.

Personally I believe the NFL owners could care less about the political issue the to vaccinate or not vaccinate has become. Heck, a few of them probably are not vaccinated themselves. However, the real issue here as it is most often is $$$$$. Whatever it takes to get the games played, the NFL is on board with. Vaccination has proven to be effective. The players can either get on board or sit/not play. It's nothing personal, it's just business - ie $$$$$.
The solution is simple.... Don't cancel a game because a player got sick.

The vast majority of players have been vaccinated and therefore will likely show no signs of illness even if they contract it.
The game would not be canceled if a player was sick with something other than Covid that no one had been vaccinated for.

Correct, I would suspect the NFL would only cancel a game if there was a large breakout on a particular team. One player testing positive should not be enough to cancel. I would guess the NFL will do contact tracing so even if a non vaccinated player test negative they could be deemed inactive during the week or 10 day quarantine period. I do not know this for a fact, I am only speculating.

The Ohio Taliban has introduced a bill to change the current law which allow for mandates for vaccines but it has not passed yet.

Anti-Science GQP members in Tennessee are softening on their anti-vax legislation as the politics shift and their BASE gets covid and figures out it is not a hoax.
Using the name taliban is very stupid on your part.

Hey Wrestling - Still salty about your swing & miss on the NFL tv contracts? You know, when you questioned how the NFL owners were brazen enough to expect a increase in $$$$ over their prior tv deals…..as you now know the NFL ended up doubling their tv revenue.

Seriously, does anyone know if the NFL owners will still receive their full tv revenue if a game is cancelled/forfeited?

The fact that everyone continues to ignore the fact that many have already had the virus, and treat them as if they also need to be vaccinated is troubling. I mean if you follow the science we wouldn't require those people to get vaxed. So I'm guessing this has more to do with something other than science.
Exactly. Why is their not a push by the power control freaks to see who has had Covid ? Probaly less of a chance to get Covid a second time if you already had covid than if you get vaxxed ? Plus over a 100 million people in the US have already had covid another 160 million have take the vaccine, so either the vaccines are crap or the control freaks are freaking over this delta variant without looking at the facts, which is very few people are going to catch this variant unless of course the Trump vaccines are as not good as the experts say the are.

Hey Wrestling - Still salty about your swing & miss on the NFL tv contracts? You know, when you questioned how the NFL owners were brazen enough to expect a increase in $$$$ over their prior tv deals…..as you now know the NFL ended up doubling their tv revenue.

Seriously, does anyone know if the NFL owners will still receive their full tv revenue if a game is cancelled/forfeited?
I don't remember to be honest. Can you refresh my memory? Just respond to my post and I'll look at what I said. Sound fair?

My company is building a couple new hospitals at the moment. The owners (HC providers) have mandated that all construction workers and management staff must be vaccinated...if they want to work there.

The hospital is protecting its environment (and thus bottom line). The NFL is protecting their product (and thus bottom line).
Are they doing testing everyday or regularly?

I believe you started the thread, I don’t recall the name of it. Your take was the NFL was foolish to think/ask for a increase in tv revenue from the networks. A few people and I mentioned that the NFL would only increase their tv revenue. I believe you said to me “we’ll see”. It’s no big deal.

This topic, how to treat the vaccinated / non vaccinated will play out in corporations in the US over the next few months. As usual, I believe the NFL is ahead of the curve and will fly thru this mostly unscathed. The nfl owners are not the best individual people of character but they are some of America’s best capitalist.

My company is building a couple new hospitals at the moment. The owners (HC providers) have mandated that all construction workers and management staff must be vaccinated...if they want to work there.

Seems y’all have no problem demanding a say in what people do with their bodies ?? Kind of flies in the face of the whole abortion thingy
That is true, kind of odd how some people just flip flop on issues based on what's best for them.

The hospital is protecting its environment (and thus bottom line). The NFL is protecting their product (and thus bottom line).
What if a person has a disability or religions reason not to get the vaccine?

With the Number of Breakthrough Cases - Mandates are going to be short lived and Run out of strength

Why isn't the Biden Administration or the Media giving Data or informing us on the "Break through" cases ! ( Vaccinated people getting the Virus = Break Through )

We all new the Virus would mutate ! All Viruses do just that.

If the Virus killed every Host it infected, it would kill itself off - so it Mutates to survive !

Like anything else you have to accommodate them within reason. This is actually nothing new. Hospitals have been mandating flu shots for some time.

This "vaccine" is new never before tried technology and has no long term studies like all those vaccines did before they were released. No one knows what side effects could occur in the long run, and every honest scientist or doctor knows this to be fact.
First time injecting messenger RNA which makes changes on a molecular level...there is no comparison whatsoever to other vaccines. Many scientist and doctors say this is a very very bad idea but they are silenced, why?