NFL. Get vaccinated or lose your job

My company is building a couple new hospitals at the moment. The owners (HC providers) have mandated that all construction workers and management staff must be vaccinated...if they want to work there.

The hospital is protecting its environment (and thus bottom line). The NFL is protecting their product (and thus bottom line).

The only real problem I have with this is that none of the Players will be Paid should a Forfeit actually occur. What would be the reasoning for basically punishing Players and their Families for actually doing what the League and Teams have asked them to do? Telling people what to do, they comply and still could lose their hard earned money because of a co workers decision........insanity!!!

We are required to get it this fall.

Just cannot afford having breakouts and have interuptions like last year. It is imperative we work on person

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I'm not against requiring vaccination as a condition of employment for certain jobs necessarily. That said, forcing people to take a vaccine that still doesn't have full approval seems like it would have difficulty surviving a higher court challenge.
Except it doesnt have difficulty passing by a court.
My body my choice only if I am a woman and want to murder my unborn baby. Other then that the state can make you do anything it wants to your body.

Except it doesnt have difficulty passing by a court.
My body my choice only if I am a woman and want to murder my unborn baby. Other then that the state can make you do anything it wants to your body.
Yes, I'm aware that it's passed through a couple of judges. I'm talking about higher courts, like the circuit level and above.

This could get interesting. The highest % of individuals not vaccinated are those in the African American community. What would the NFL which is basically the owners do if say 1/2 of the black athelete says their not going to play?

This could get interesting. The highest % of individuals not vaccinated are those in the African American community. What would the NFL which is basically the owners do if say 1/2 of the black athelete says their not going to play?
What a great time to start another league.

True story.
Each day I am in the hood and I see 75% of the AAs still wearing masks....OUTSIDE and by themselves mostly! Presume that means they ddidnt get it.
Went through a drive through yesterday near a dive shop, and the girl I could not understand for the life of me. Get to the window...yep, wearing a mask while trying to talk on those crappy speaker sysetems.

Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right....so the owners can do what they need to protect their investment.

I'm not against requiring vaccination as a condition of employment for certain jobs necessarily. That said, forcing people to take a vaccine that still doesn't have full approval seems like it would have difficulty surviving a higher court challenge.
I agree.

We had a conversation the other day about having everyone company wide get vaccinated. I was adamantly against it for the reason you mention. Someone will end up fighting this and I have to believe the high court would agree.

I can see somebody who gets the vaccine ONLY because of employment requirements suing their employer should there be a bad outcome.

Especially the experimental nature of it taken into account.

They say about 73% of all NFL players are vaccinated.

My company is building a couple new hospitals at the moment. The owners (HC providers) have mandated that all construction workers and management staff must be vaccinated...if they want to work there.
The hospital is protecting its environment (and thus bottom line). The NFL is protecting their product (and thus bottom line).
Seems y’all have no problem demanding a say in what people do with their bodies ?? Kind of flies in the face of the whole abortion thingy

LOL, just going by what I read.

According to a person familiar with the situation, 78 percent of NFL players have received at least one vaccine dose, and 14 of the 32 teams have more than 85 percent of their players vaccinated. No team is below the 50 percent threshold, according to that person.
That’s awesome! But the African American (hate that) communities are virulently against vaccines and flat out won’t take off the masks ?

Seems y’all have no problem demanding a say in what people do with their bodies ?? Kind of flies in the face of the whole abortion thingy
What businesses do is not my call.

I'm actually against abortion.

Wont matter. The courts work very slowly. See that just today a federal court finally ruled that the evictions moratorium was not legal.

The fact that everyone continues to ignore the fact that many have already had the virus, and treat them as if they also need to be vaccinated is troubling. I mean if you follow the science we wouldn't require those people to get vaxed. So I'm guessing this has more to do with something other than science.