NEW Rankings - January 24

Wadsworth wins eight bouts assuming both teams wrestle the lineup that is projected to wrestle at the sectional tournament (i.e. no movement of wrestlers around, and everyone is "available").

Do you have projected lineups? Just curious as to why you think they would forfeit 285?
If you follow Boro's projections, and how both teams have fared in the better tournaments then you should have a pretty decent idea of their lineups. If you were up by 7 pts. or more going into 285 why in blazes would you jeopardize the health of your wrestler by allowing him to take the mat. The boys are rated #1 and #2 in the state and have wrestled each other enough times and will probably meet again at districts. What's the point?

If you follow Boro's projections, and how both teams have fared in the better tournaments then you should have a pretty decent idea of their lineups. If you were up by 7 pts. or more going into 285 why in blazes would you jeopardize the health of your wrestler by allowing him to take the mat. The boys are rated #1 and #2 in the state and have wrestled each other enough times and will probably meet again at districts. What's the point?
The point is to wrestle, regardless of the team score. I'm sure a lot of people would want to see this match no matter how many times they have wrestled and are going to in the future. So someone should forfeit if they meet in the district finals too because they might meet again in the state finals? Is this what we are resorting too in high school also, more ducking?

You're compar
The point is to wrestle, regardless of the team score. I'm sure a lot of people would want to see this match no matter how many times they have wrestled and are going to in the future. So someone should forfeit if they meet in the district finals too because they might meet again in the state finals? Is this what we are resorting too in high school also, more ducking?
You're comparing apples to oranges. In the case of a dual the outcome has already been decided. Districts is an entirely different animal. All coaches and teams want to win tournaments, but once sectionals start the emphasis is on the individuals. The decision to default or forfeit has very little if anything to do with the outcome of a sectional/district tournament. The decision either involves the health of the wrestler or in rare cases the question of advancement, which is an ENTIRELY different issue. LOL! And what people may WANT to see should have no bearing on the coach/wrestler decision to wrestler. It's a matter of what's BEST for the team or individual wrestler.

You're compar

You're comparing apples to oranges. In the case of a dual the outcome has already been decided. Districts is an entirely different animal. All coaches and teams want to win tournaments, but once sectionals start the emphasis is on the individuals. The decision to default or forfeit has very little if anything to do with the outcome of a sectional/district tournament. The decision either involves the health of the wrestler or in rare cases the question of advancement, which is an ENTIRELY different issue. LOL! And what people may WANT to see should have no bearing on the coach/wrestler decision to wrestler. It's a matter of what's BEST for the team or individual wrestler.
I would bet that both boys would want to wrestle that match regardless of team score. So basically it's ok to duck now at the HS level? So say they meet in the district tournament in the final and the team score is already decided, do they forfeit then also since they may meet the final weekend at state?

I would bet that both boys would want to wrestle that match regardless of team score. So basically it's ok to duck now at the HS level? So say they meet in the district tournament in the final and the team score is already decided, do they forfeit then also since they may meet the final weekend at state?
Opinions Differ

Wadsworth wins eight bouts assuming both teams wrestle the lineup that is projected to wrestle at the sectional tournament (i.e. no movement of wrestlers around, and everyone is "available").
Will you provide a little preview (write up)? Thanks!

IMO. I would think all wrestlers would want to wrestle in State Team Dual matches. You only get one go around in high school (college for some).
Just my opinion, as a former (retired) coach, it is a long, hard, grueling season. If I was the coach for either Ries or Fockler and the winning team in the dual was not in question I would definitely consider the forfeit or putting in a backup. They wrestled at least twice last season (split), wrestled once this season, and will probably meet again at districts and maybe state. No one is ducking anyone. It's no different than pulling starters in a football game when you feel the contest has already been decided.

This season 1-1 vs. Levi Collins who was ranked. H.S Career 2-1 vs Hibbs 1-0 Devol 2-0 vs Mark Ellis
Baumgardner has a pin and Collins has a major but the last one is the one that counts got injured in the conso finals hopefully he’s healthy for Sectionals

And Deem is tough that was a good match couple of years ago
He's in same boat was hurt as a sophomore and nobody cares what he did as a freshman and when they look at the devol match they see a fall in 4:36 with no interest in the first two periods. He will be ready for the 3rd period at league