New Philadelphia at Hubbard Week 11

From what I hearing around town is that Hubbard "could actually lose money" hosting a home game because they still have to pay for the stadium lights, ticket takers, and police for security.

What a rip off. They know what they're doing, I hope they fix it for next year if enough schools complain about it.
The AD said basically that OHSAA is renting the stadium so no pre-game videos, senior pictures, Hubbard programs, 50-50 etc at the game. Parking is free but school can charge if they wanted to.

Hey Struthers guys the wife and I are thinking of trying Donavito's Restaurant in Struthers any thoughts on Quality food.....

The AD said basically that OHSAA is renting the stadium so no pre-game videos, senior pictures, Hubbard programs, 50-50 etc at the game. Parking is free but school can charge if they wanted to.
So basically no home game just using the home facility, are they allowed pregame music to warm up? Ohsaa create one for every school to use lol

This is how it's always been for home playoff games. Been that way for a long time.

Hubbard has to prove them selves this weekend after last Friday, and they got smoked and had really no answer offensively last weekend. And yes ICBM the coaching staff has no imagination what so ever against better defensive teams and coaching staff unless they have wised up for this week... Coach Yeagley is one hell of a head coach for South Range along with his assistants!! South range was very fast to the ball.
Agreed that they have to prove themselves. The staff has had their moments. They're capable I think. The Steubenville game a few years ago comes to mind. But I agree that everyone has to prove themselves this Friday. Put week 10 behind them and advance.

Agreed that they have to prove themselves. The staff has had their moments. They're capable I think. The Steubenville game a few years ago comes to mind. But I agree that everyone has to prove themselves this Friday. Put week 10 behind them and advance.
Daniels was probably the fastest kid Steubenville faced that year. He went nuts

If anybody who is hating on TC spent 5 minutes with him you would become a fan. One of the most humble well spoken young men I have ever met, and I will save you the time of looking it up,,, I am NOT from Hubbard.
To be fair I don't think anyone is truly hating on the young man. You are right no one in here other than Hubbard people know the kid and probably everything they say is true that he is a humble and intelligent person. It's not "hating" to say that he isn't a Power 5 RB. Playing with and against great RBs in college and high school that were D1 and seeing others play in person shows me he is not a power 5 player. Small FBS (MAC) or big FCS yes but SEC no. He is tough and runs hard, he does not have the break away speed that is needed to play there. Also other aspects comes into play, can he help in pass pro? No one knows cause Hubbard doesn't throw it and pass pro in college with the RB is a lot different than it is in High school. At the end of the day knowing how the recruiting process is this offer is really really really late, and its not always about the biggest school that offers you but the one that wants you the most. The lateness of this offer raises questions that he would have to ask and like the answers to go there and be comfortable. In my opinion he would have a lot more opportunities a lot earlier in his career at one of the other schools that offered him.

To be fair I don't think anyone is truly hating on the young man. You are right no one in here other than Hubbard people know the kid and probably everything they say is true that he is a humble and intelligent person. It's not "hating" to say that he isn't a Power 5 RB. Playing with and against great RBs in college and high school that were D1 and seeing others play in person shows me he is not a power 5 player. Small FBS (MAC) or big FCS yes but SEC no. He is tough and runs hard, he does not have the break away speed that is needed to play there. Also other aspects comes into play, can he help in pass pro? No one knows cause Hubbard doesn't throw it and pass pro in college with the RB is a lot different than it is in High school. At the end of the day knowing how the recruiting process is this offer is really really really late, and its not always about the biggest school that offers you but the one that wants you the most. The lateness of this offer raises questions that he would have to ask and like the answers to go there and be comfortable. In my opinion he would have a lot more opportunities a lot earlier in his career at one of the other schools that offered him.
Well said.

I am sure that this situation happens all around the country to young student athletes. College football is a business and should be treated as such. The most important thing is that the kid gets an opportunity to go to a school that will benefit his future outside of football. If he can get his schooling paid for and he gets to play a little more football, then great. Good luck this week!

Caffey has two 90+ yard touchdowns this year where he outran everyone. I don't think his speed is a issue.

Caffey has two 90+ yard touchdowns this year where he outran everyone. I don't think his speed is a issue.
Break away speed at this level is much different from break away speed in the SEC

Break away speed at this level is much different from break away speed in the SEC
Didn't say it wasn't. Besides the fact. He's a power runner with good speed considering his style. Master Teague wasn't a speed back coming out of high school. He made a nice role for himself on college footballs biggest stage. I think Caffey would excell at YSU with a possibility to play early. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere big and carve out a role. I'm not sure you'll find a stronger high school running back in America.

Didn't say it wasn't. Besides the fact. He's a power runner with good speed considering his style. Master Teague wasn't a speed back coming out of high school. He made a nice role for himself on college footballs biggest stage. I think Caffey would excell at YSU with a possibility to play early. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere big and carve out a role. I'm not sure you'll find a stronger high school running back in America.
In America OMG are you his dad

In the country is a big stretch. Like I said previously, D1 RB yes, Power 5 no

Once again this is not hating this is honesty. He is good he isn't that good. If he was one of the best nationally he would have more than the 1 power 5 offer that came extremely late in the recruiting process from a coach that is from the area after they had no other RB commits. As a Hubbard fan I would ask you this, is he better than LJ, in my opinion it isn't even a question. LJ was a power 5 RB this kid isn't.

Once again this is not hating this is honesty. He is good he isn't that good. If he was one of the best nationally he would have more than the 1 power 5 offer that came extremely late in the recruiting process from a coach that is from the area after they had no other RB commits. As a Hubbard fan I would ask you this, is he better than LJ, in my opinion it isn't even a question. LJ was a power 5 RB this kid isn't.
Okay but besides that. I called him one of the stronger running backs in the country. You said that's a stretch. How many running backs at the high school level do you know to bench press 350 lbs?

Also I think he's closer to LJ than most will give him credit for. Remember LJ had two D1 athletes on offense with him at all times. Hubbard had a decent passing game with LJ as well. Caffey has been the only priority of every defense he's faced this season.

Okay but besides that. I called him one of the stronger running backs in the country. You said that's a stretch. How many running backs at the high school level do you know to bench press 350 lbs?
This OhioGuy4 is a Brookfield guy, you know it, as well as I know it that they would of giving anything to have TC in a "Brookfield uniform" no matter how slow OhioGuy4 thinks TC is...?

This Caffey situation reminds me of former SR great Joe Alessi. Smart, tough, fast and I think he had better vision than Caffey.
Many of us couldn't understand why he didn't get more D-I looks but he ended up in the best place for him and had a nice career at YSU.