New Coach

You just gottwa have faith that he will find the stability that he wants in this job. I personally don;t think it is possible right now. Too much mess in Barberton right now. The BOE runs the show and has no clue about what is needed. Hey, Good Luck now!

Allsfair seems to have alot of inside information that seems to come directly from the Board. According to some of my sources, and I'm not saying that they are the best sources, Allsfair announced on here the new coach's name about 20 minutes after the Board approved the guy.

My question is how does Allsfair have a son that plays on the Tallmadge Little League All Star team and the Tallmadge Youth Football JV team but still lives in Barberton? Inquiring minds want to know.

GRPride86, my spouse and I are divorced and that is why I can have an interest in both Tallmadge and Barberton. Your sources don't have to be geniuses to know that I posted 20 minutes after the board met, as my time of the post shows up as 7:20 pm. I am not denying that I have good sources and they are very reliable.

I am sure that answers your question as to how I can have a son in Tallmadge and still live in Barberton. I seem to have struck a nerve with some of you in TTown with my posts re: a number of things that go on over there, but rest assured, I have an interest in both areas that I am posting in. Do those of you from TTown have the same interests in Barberton or are you just posting to post and trying to stir us up here?:confused:

What difference does a "divorced" family make? For the love of God people - get a grip. I WISH I lived in a community full of "complete" families.

Calm down MOM, that is not where this is going. Allsfair says he has a kid on the All Star team and I'm telling him he doesn't, that's all.

Norton has a big uproar within their system - coaches, etc... wonder if maybe they have too many AMHA housing projects, slumlords, divorced/broken families to blame too.

Magicmom, you are not getting it....he is questioning the truth of the poster who said he has a 11yr old playing in Tallmadge !!!!

THis is also in conjunction with other posts within the board.
I get EXACTLY what was said form the Tallmadge poster.. and quite honestly I'm over that.
The point I'm making is this: The Norton people have admitted in PRINT they acknowledge their talent pool runs only so deep - they didn't make excuses..
Maybe a lesson can be learned across the district line.

Mom, beg to differ with you but Norton's talent pool and Barberton's can't be compared, never could. These are two different situations. Barberton backs are and were running 4.6-4.7 40's whle Norton was fielding backs that ran 5.0-5.1 40's. They survived because the SL stunk in the late eighties and early 90's. I've said before I remember seeing Tallmadge on film in the early 90's and thinking they looked like a pee-wee program. Meanwhile Barberton put at line together that averaged 260 and backs that could fly like Melvin Neloms. That is why Norton wouldn't play Barberton when Hodakavic was the coach or when Flossie was the coach. Two different animals, altogether and by the way - if you think the BOE and Administration in Barberton are screwed up, go look at Norton's and you will think Barberton's are genious.

Mom, beg to differ with you but Norton's talent pool and Barberton's can't be compared, never could. These are two different situations. Barberton backs are and were running 4.6-4.7 40's whle Norton was fielding backs that ran 5.0-5.1 40's. They survived because the SL stunk in the late eighties and early 90's. I've said before I remember seeing Tallmadge on film in the early 90's and thinking they looked like a pee-wee program. Meanwhile Barberton put at line together that averaged 260 and backs that could fly like Melvin Neloms. That is why Norton wouldn't play Barberton when Hodakavic was the coach or when Flossie was the coach. Two different animals, altogether and by the way - if you think the BOE and Administration in Barberton are screwed up, go look at Norton's and you will think Barberton's are genious.

Not to sound like a know It all, but we did play Norton while Flossie was the coach. We played them in 1998 and 1999. This does not hurt your comparison, rather it furthers your point. Our 1999 team was as bad as the teams that we have fielded the last two seasons and we still beat Norton by 3 TD's. If we would have played them this past season, we would have beaten them by 30-40 points.

GRPride86 and Bedevil4life, sorry that I have been traveling and I was not able to respond to your detective-like searching’s as to finding out who I am. It is not important, as we are all posters on Yappi anonymously.
Anyways it does not matter as I have made nothing but accurate posts thus far on both the Barberton and Tallmadge posts. If the two of you would prefer to have PM’s, please feel free to do so as I do not feel this is the forum for “finding” out ones identity

Allsfair - one up on you ttowners
Bedevil4life & GRPride86 - one back and fading fast

You're funny and accurate somewhat. The only thing I can say is that you don't have a son on either the TLL All Stars or the JV football team.

Beam me up Kirkie

So Captain Kirk beamed Coach Brian Staats all the way from Bedord. I find it rather amusing that a first year principal of a high school has the power to go over the heads of the BOE and AD to hire an old pal. Staats didn't even make it to the final rounds of interviews but he ends up being the only one called back after Wallace woke up and smelled the roses. I guess the old Capt. wasn't kidding when I overheard him saying he had Lolli in his back pocket. Good luck Magics and go green & white!

I have realized from being battered by the people who have been so well informed on here about the coaching situation that many, but not all Barberton fans cannot be told anything or questioned by anyone outside of the district, especially by someone up in Cleveland (ME), BUT I can't help but ask this:

I can't wait to hear from my boy Frankie!

You are making comparisons to Norton and I have an assistant interviewing there so I have been helping him research them and the district. I have noticed that they beat Tallmadge a few years back. I would say that they weren't that much worse a few years ago than you. I made a call to a guy that knows the district well and if he is correct, there are many Norton players at other schools right now because of paying to play issues. These include one at your school Pitts? Steve Youk from Hoban and Scott Lock from Revere. We were told that all three would be two way starters at Norton and I think that would make a difference. Agree?

I'm not bashing you, Tallmadge or anyone else, but I was told the talent pool was destroyed by the levy situation and they have had some good teams in the past. Is it also true that you have a new AD because a Norton kid transferred in illegally and cost you a few games a few years ago?

For the record, Coach Staats is a great guy and a hard worker regardless of how he got the job. You guys give him a chance and you will love him.

Yoak was planning to go to Hoban from the time he was 11 years old. The failed levy situation didn't drive that decision.

I am just going on info provided by a few people in Norton. Thanks BDev. What about the others do you know? We've heard there is talent at Norton, but they have lost it due to transfers.

Knowsnothing, here it is plain and simple. You like to stir up things and it gets old. You have a thing going with frankie - whatever. I've seen the stuff you get going, like the effort you made to get Wadsworth fans upset. I don't know who you are but I find it hard to believe you are much more than an old pain in the ---.

Barberton and Norton have never been on the same level athletically. They beat Tallmadge several years ago - so did everyone else. I've told you this before - ten to 15years the SL was filled with average schools that have built up with urban flight. Norton has not benefitted from urban flight because they are as backward as Barberton on many issues. Meanwhile Wadsworth, Green, Tallmadge have gotten bigger and better. Much like Nordonia was awful in every sport when they jumped from the Metro after 94. Norton isn't good because they have no community support, terrible facilities, and collection of kids that quit sports by 11th grade to get jobs. Norton and Barberton are two different communities and that is why they have never merged. The idea has been out there for years but they just can't and won't do it. You can't compare them and I say good luck to the poor sap that gets the norton job. At least Barberton pays well for the head aches.

I believe youve nailed it (magicsilb)With all due respect to Barberton its probably not at or near the top of the list when it comes to urban flight.What Barberton needs to due is build a respectable program to keep the kids there and playing for them.I'm sure there is plenty of talent there.I know thats easier said then done,but good luck.

MagicsILB, I only stir it up with a few people that have attacked my knowledge and said I have no business being here. This is an open forum correct? I can't help it that your administration fumbled the situation and made my information incorrect. If you check my other posts, I have been balls on when it comes to most of my posts. Keep in mind that when it comes to taking a job, things happen at the last minute other places besides Barberton too. That is what happened at St. V. as well. Keith Grabowski was supposedly offered the position and had until Friday to take it. He did not and they upped the ante to Coach Boarman over the weekend and ade him an offer he couldn't refuse. I knew that Coach Grabowski was offered that job a week in advance because we are good friends. He changed his mind at the last minute because he has a VERY good shot at Avon. I posted that it would be a coach in the Cleveland area and because things changed last minute, I am "guessing"! Lol! I actually got my job because a coach was offered a college position the same day we were interviewing. I think that he would've received this position over me. Things happen behind the scenes and that isn't always a bad thing. I think this has become too public, but being "in the know" more than the average person, I at least try to provide accurate information when I can. I also give my opinion on candidates when I want to. This caused a major issue when I stated that I thought a candidate should have Coordinator experience before becoming a Head Coach at a school that is larger than D-5. I would think that this is the majority opinion. I was lambasted for this. I am sorry that I offended a certain individual, but being a Varsity Head Coach is much different than a JV Head Coach and success w/o Coordinator experience has to be few and far between making that jump. I don't care if the coach is the greatest player, position coach, alumni or in the NFL H.O.F! It is not the same. Look at the postings on the O.H.S.A.A. website. Most AD's require successful Head Coaching experience or at least Coordinator experience, especially at one of the highest paying football jobs in the state!

So if I am just stirring a pot, so be it. I am also stating facts when I get them and defending myself. I post on many topics and other schools. This is the only school forum that gives me a hard time and Frankie actually stalks me which cracks me up! Lol!

I believe this is the Barberton forum and if youre being called out here I dont know how you could call it stalking.You came here of youre own free will and offered youre own opinion so dont get upset if someone offers thiers back.You also pointed out you post on other forums which opens you up for criticism,by many others.As far as starting trouble you know exactly what people mean ,when somebody started a rumor on the Tallmadge thread you ran right over and posted on the Wadsworth thread.Trust me everybody visits each others threads and it would not have gone unnoticed for long.And judging by the amount of posts it (hasnt) recieved they didnt think much of it. While you may be( in the know )as far as coaches go you have no idea of the politics or what its like to live in the community of every city or suburb,so relax and take the opinions or facts others give back and put them in the (know) box.:D

I can't believe you guys take his word that he is a coach. Saying you are and proving you are too different things. Heck, I could be a coach.

I didn't say I was "stalked" here! Frankie has followed me onto threads about different schools pal.

As far as being a coach, I have nothing to prove to you. You would be surprised at how many of us are on Yappi.

Ha ,Ha that didnt take long.Again as I said many people post on other threads(INCLUDING YOU)youre not the only one who gets do do it ,so theres a good chance you'll meet the same person on another site Geez.By the way since you like to come on to other sites and offer you're opinion but wont say where youre from alls fair then I guess:wallbang: Oh I almost forgot to throw this in (pal!)

So if you're a coach with nothing better to do, answer some questions for me then. Whats you're record, have you won a state title or even made the playoffs, what size school. I wouldn't want to out you, but you talk way too much to fit into the profile of all the coaches I know.

Every time KnowsNothing types in a reply he proves how wise he was in selecting his handle. He left this site a while back but just can not stay away. He is the head coach at one of the "sorry" Cleveland schools who posts all day and spends more time here than he does on his game plan. He even pretended to be someone else for a while,. I wonder if he really came from Mount. But he does know most of the Mount Men. He admits he does not tell the truth or tell all and he submits the same garbage at other sites. If you have an open date please schedule us so we can admire your wonderful knowledge of the game in action. We certainly would drop Perry to make room for you.

I didn't say I was "stalked" here! Frankie has followed me onto threads about different schools pal.

As far as being a coach, I have nothing to prove to you. You would be surprised at how many of us are on Yappi.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--So if I am just stirring a pot, so be it. I am also stating facts when I get them and defending myself. I post on many topics and other schools. This is the only school forum that gives me a hard time and Frankie actually stalks me which cracks me up! Lol!------------------------------------------------------------------------
This "COACH" ? can not even remember what he has stated even when it is on the same page.... and he is the only one allowed to read other school posts too... keep on talking one who knows NOTHING..