New Centerville Elk

SWOHHoops

Talked to a coaching friend today that said Centerville has a new transfer, 6'8 kid from Mongolia. Can anyone confirm?

From what I found, player’s name is Dulguun Gankhuyga. He plays internationally on the 3x3 scene and has played for ISA. His 3x3 profile has him listed as 19 years old though.

Having a bigger presence in the middle could have really helped the ELKS, as was shown when they couldn’t hold out the good physical players of Pickerington Central.

Last edited:
I’ve known of a total of five Mongolians my entire life and two just so happen slide thru the Dayton area. How bizarre?

But why doesCupps keep bringing these around when they are too old?
He knows the rules will be bent for international students. If not lawsuits will be filed and they will try to make everyone look bad but him. He will hide behind, trying to help this kid out. Equity man, equity!

Transfers for nonacademic reasons (not a true family move for something like a new job) is not the mission behind high school sports. High school coaches should be measured by did the coach take this year's team and make them better of the course of a season not Ws and Ls.

Last edited:
So now we are trying to let 19 year old professional athletes play high school basketball? I would say I have seen it all but ..I am sure someone somewhere is sharpening up the ol rule bender tool for the next step…somehow we can get retired NBA players back ?

Is this where Centerville basketball is really headed? Taste a little success and then all Hell breaks loose with the program to keep the pace?
This is the same debate we have with Moeller every year and Wayne athletics a few years ago. Are the kids/parents just wanting to play for the best coach/program or are the coach/programs seeking out the best kids? Regardless, as mentioned above, sport-centered transferring used to be a no-no in public opinion but is now acceptable.

This is the same debate we have with Moeller every year and Wayne athletics a few years ago. Are the kids/parents just wanting to play for the best coach/program or are the coach/programs seeking out the best kids? Regardless, as mentioned above, sport-centered transferring used to be a no-no in public opinion but is now acceptable.

Who has recently transferred into Moeller program?

This dude turned 19 over two months ago and would be over 19 1/2 by the time practice begins in November. I don't see any way this could be passable.

Has anyone truly validated that this is real? Is he just playing on the summer Midwest team? Is he related to the familt from Mongolia that has been in Centerville for a while (yes, there was a player 3-4 years ago?

im amazed that any of you thinks Cupps is will try to play an ineligible player. Amazed

This dude turned 19 over two months ago and would be over 19 1/2 by the time practice begins in November. I don't see any way this could be passable.
I believe the OHSAA rule is now eligible until 20th birthday. I believe you become ineligible on your 20 birthday. Used to be you couldn't turn 19 before your school year started, but I believe that has changed.

Who has recently transferred into Moeller program?
Not super familiar with their roster so can't say for sure, but if you have been around here for a couple years you have seen the countless discussions about Moeller recruiting/Kids just want to play for Moeller.

Talked to a Centerville parent who said the kid showed up last week, not sure if/how he played this weekend in Sandusky

Umm…it has nothing to do with being Mongolian ?…it has to do with being too old…and a professional!

So he might not be too old, at least for a portion of the season then?

But potentially played professional someplace?

Age eligibility it looks like he'd be good for the entirety of the basketball season then.

He isn't necessarily a professional if he's played various categories of FIBA 3v3, although it's probably very likely he has played against actual professionals.

If a Mongolian kid moves into an area, is he just not supposed to play sports because it makes some people mad?

Not when he is a professional player and is nearing 20 years old. I guess Cupps is willing to do whatever to win games at the expense of the Centerville community and the kids who grew up in the system. Cupps needs to leave and coach AAU or something else.

Obviously Gabe Cupps returns for his senior year - do the Elks already have enough to make another deep run or are they desperate to fill the House/Rolf void?

Obviously Gabe Cupps returns for his senior year - do the Elks already have enough to make another deep run or are they desperate to fill the House/Rolf void?

Well, they now have 3 transfers coming in. That should easily be enough but it is still early and I am sure they will nab a few more.....