NE8 2024

I think Sims is gonna have a real good year out at WGH. Lakeview has Easton who is a good back. Not sure about what else they have.
The other QB from Harding transfered back to Lakeview. There may be a few other kids that transfer back into the district as well. Not sure how good the line of scrimmage will be but thet should have some good skill.

I I heard Girard might have got another qb from pa.or is close too. Go figure .they haven’t had a qb from Girard since before Mark Waid .
I thought the kid they had last year was pretty good. It’s surprising to me They can’t seem to get their own kid in there. Always a very good program.

So here’s my question. For all of the hate the schools in the valley (alot of the schools in this league in particular) have for privates “stealing players” how come there isn’t all the negative energy towards Harding or when a kid makes this choice or open enrolls elsewhere. A number of kids over the years have somehow ended up there but that seems to be ok or forgiven. Just not sure what the difference is when it’s basically free agency and a kid can open enroll basically at any other public school minus a few

You must be new.

1. Harding was hated on for years about getting transfers. When you're not successful though, most people don't care. The sooner that trend becomes more consistent again, the hate will soon follow.

2. Harding's kids have been getting poached by other schools for years. Again, very few outside our little bubble care though because the overall focus statewide is on the more successful schools. In that regard, with the momentum in Warren right now (solid end to 2023 season, new & improved coaching staff, new & enhanced facilities, etc.), don't expect to see to many more kids bounce unless playing time is an issue.

3. In 2015, I was leaving the Harding-Howland game when a female Tiger fan yelled, "YOU ONLY WON BECAUSE YOUR QUARTERBACK IS FROM LIBERTY!" I told the lady, "He's actually from Youngstown. Just like your starting tailback is." She was stunned 🤣

4. Public or private, people have their own personal reasons for sending their kids to certain schools. Some cases are easier to figure out than others, but unless a parent asks for my personal opinion on their situation (rare occurence, but it's happened before), I usually don't speak on it.

You must be new.

1. Harding was hated on for years about getting transfers. When you're not successful though, most people don't care. The sooner that trend becomes more consistent again, the hate will soon follow.

2. Harding's kids have been getting poached by other schools for years. Again, very few outside our little bubble care though because the overall focus statewide is on the more successful schools. In that regard, with the momentum in Warren right now (solid end to 2023 season, new & improved coaching staff, new & enhanced facilities, etc.), don't expect to see to many more kids bounce unless playing time is an issue.

3. In 2015, I was leaving the Harding-Howland game when a female Tiger fan yelled, "YOU ONLY WON BECAUSE YOUR QUARTERBACK IS FROM LIBERTY!" I told the lady, "He's actually from Youngstown. Just like your starting tailback is." She was stunned 🤣

4. Public or private, people have their own personal reasons for sending their kids to certain schools. Some cases are easier to figure out than others, but unless a parent asks for my personal opinion on their situation (rare occurence, but it's happened before), I usually don't speak on
A lot of truth to the success factor as people now line up to play schools like
JFK and Mooney and you certainly dont hear as much displeasure towards them as you do Ursuline. And Harding is always going to have that target on their back as the biggest program in the valley. That being said the greater mahoning valley as a whole has always been very critical of school choice when it comes to the parochial school model as opposed to the open enrollment public model as a whole when it comes to being outspoken about it. And being in the thread we are in. No faction of people complain more about the privates than these groups of schools

A lot of truth to the success factor as people now line up to play schools like
JFK and Mooney and you certainly dont hear as much displeasure towards them as you do Ursuline. And Harding is always going to have that target on their back as the biggest program in the valley. That being said the greater mahoning valley as a whole has always been very critical of school choice when it comes to the parochial school model as opposed to the open enrollment public model as a whole when it comes to being outspoken about it. And being in the thread we are in. No faction of people complain more about the privates than these groups of schools
I think also with the big time drop in population in the area, losing 1 or 2 kids to a school could be a lot more meaningful then it used to be

Speaking of that I heard a couple Niles players made the leap over to jfk . Not sure how true it is , but it was from a good source .
Doesn't JFK still play their home games at Youngstown Liberty? I don't get it, compare stadiums, compare school buildings, and most importantly compare the safety where both schools are located.

Of course they are. Great program.
Raider's success will hinge on 9 positions, 5 on offense & 4 on defense. Of those positions I believe only two return that saw significant time last season. We'll see if the assumptions (plug & play) hold true. Personally I think they could struggle against Struthers. The Barberton game in week 2 will show where they'll stack up.

Delgarbino was a Girard kid, and also Valley too, but not completely sure on him
The DelGarbino boys attended and played at Girard, but were open-enrolled from Liberty.

Both of the Valley kid's parents teach at Girard, although the family lives in the Mineral Ridge district, which is where he finished up.

The DelGarbino boys attended and played at Girard, but were open-enrolled from Liberty.

Both of the Valley kid's parents teach at Girard, although the family lives in the Mineral Ridge district, which is where he finished up.
But don't the Delgarbino's live in the Squaw Creek area of Girard? I know the family does

The DelGarbino kids who played at Girard live in Liberty. Their dad was a state wrestling champ and all-Ohio football player for Liberty in the 90's.
The DelGarbino's who live in Girard have three daughters.

The DelGarbino kids who played at Girard live in Liberty. Their dad was a state wrestling champ and all-Ohio football player for Liberty in the 90's.
The DelGarbino's who live in Girard have three daughters.
Ok, I misunderstood. I was thinking of the Delgarbino's that live in Squaw Creek area. Didn't know they had just daughters