NE8 2021

Looking at OOC schedules this is what I came up with in terms of what teams will look like heading into league play.

Hubbard 3-0 - should win each game by 2 scores. The Mooney game is key

Struthers 2-1 - cats should take care of st Thomas and crestwood, I can see them stumbling against streetsboro

poland 1-2 - tough schedule I have them losing to Canfield and louisville but beating Howland in week 3

lakeview 1-2 - Labrae and Garfield are too much and they get in the win column against liberty

niles 2-1 - open up with a loss to rival Howland and win the next 2

jefferson 1-2 - could win all three but I see grand valley being the win

girard 2-1 - girard loses to streetsboro then beats liberty and Ellet.

SR 3-0 - better all around team then Springfield, wins by a score, then takes care of university school and CCC

SOS

Poland
SR
Niles/hubbard
Lakeview
Struthers/girard
Jefferson

Less then a month away!!

This is a really early thread for this, but the Niles Coach posted some thing and it inspired me to make this post. (It was funny, I laughed)
My early picks for the league.

1.South Range
2. Poland
3. Hubbard
4. Niles
5.Struthers/girard
7. Jefferson
8.Lakeview
After seeing all of the previews and some of the passing scrimmages, would you still rate your predictions the same?

After seeing all of the previews and some of the passing scrimmages, would you still rate your predictions the same?
Jury is gonna be out on Poland until about week 4. You never know what kind of scheme pav will run. If he tries the same scheme he did in lakeview they will not be good offensively. Curious to see the backs they have as well

It’ll be a very competitive league for a long time if they dump jefferson and add Howland
When Jefferson leaves the focus will switch to Lakeview. They belong in the MVC with Champion and Liberty. By adding Howland could cause issues in a few years as some of the smaller schools keep losing the numbers of kids playing football. Leagues need to stay in the all same size or only 1 division different. You start having D3 with D5 or D6 the league will fall apart.

When Jefferson leaves the focus will switch to Lakeview. They belong in the MVC with Champion and Liberty. By adding Howland could cause issues in a few years as some of the smaller schools keep losing the numbers of kids playing football. Leagues need to stay in the all same size or only 1 division different. You start having D3 with D5 or D6 the league will fall apart.
Already have 2 D3 programs and a few d5’s. But I agree wholeheartedly. Wouldn’t surprise me if lakeview was looking for a way out already.

Jury is gonna be out on Poland until about week 4. You never know what kind of scheme pav will run. If he tries the same scheme he did in lakeview they will not be good offensively. Curious to see the backs they have as well
Not sure about that. When Pav has players, his offense is pretty good. QB Fulton will run the ball alot more this year and seems to be throwing the ball better, Collosimo is a bigger back, Dido is a good athlete at receiver, younger Fulton is a fast wideout. They also have a few lineman back from last year. I am sure losing Barringer is a huge loss and it will be running back by committee.

I'm curious to see how they adapt to power teams with DC Allen's 3-3 stack. Should be interesting.

Cant wait for the season to start!

Not sure about that. When Pav has players, his offense is pretty good. QB Fulton will run the ball alot more this year and seems to be throwing the ball better, Collosimo is a bigger back, Dido is a good athlete at receiver, younger Fulton is a fast wideout. They also have a few lineman back from last year. I am sure losing Barringer is a huge loss and it will be running back by committee.

I'm curious to see how they adapt to power teams with DC Allen's 3-3 stack. Should be interesting.

Cant wait for the season to start!
They tried to go spread a few years ago and they looked very bad. If pav keeps the same philosophical gameplan that the kids are accustomed to they will
Still be really good. But if not I don’t see them being as good are normal. Barringer and centofanti are huge losses to their offense

They tried to go spread a few years ago and they looked very bad. If pav keeps the same philosophical gameplan that the kids are accustomed to they will
Still be really good. But if not I don’t see them being as good are normal. Barringer and centofanti are huge losses to their offense
What happened to Barringer and Centofanti . They were mentioned in the preview

Losing decent players that transfer out doesn't help. They lost Waid to Girard a few years ago, and this year a talented freshman QB, transferred to WGH.
Yep they lost another freshman to jfk that’s gonna be getting varsity playing time this year . We’ll he left 2 years ago. Lives in cortland though .

Last edited:

What happened to Barringer?
I think as long as they don’t go with a pass heavy offense, they’ll be alright. Fulton will have to run more. And Smith probably takes Mrakovich’s role. They still have Colosimo. And I think the younger Fulton could also play in the backfield.
I completely agree that Poland is best when they play physical smashmouth football and it’d be a mistake to get away from that entirely. But Fulton took more snaps out of shotgun last year and they had plenty of spread formations. Didn’t always work. But it’s not like they hav no experience at all in the spread.

Defensively, I’m more intrigued. I’d be concerned if I were a Poland fan.

Pav can coach, though. They’ll be fine. Should be #2 or #3 in the NE8 this year. Not sure about the future, but should still be pretty good this year.

What happened to Barringer?
I think as long as they don’t go with a pass heavy offense, they’ll be alright. Fulton will have to run more. And Smith probably takes Mrakovich’s role. They still have Colosimo. And I think the younger Fulton could also play in the backfield.
I completely agree that Poland is best when they play physical smashmouth football and it’d be a mistake to get away from that entirely. But Fulton took more snaps out of shotgun last year and they had plenty of spread formations. Didn’t always work. But it’s not like they hav no experience at all in the spread.

Defensively, I’m more intrigued. I’d be concerned if I were a Poland fan.

Pav can coach, though. They’ll be fine. Should be #2 or #3 in the NE8 this year. Not sure about the future, but should still be pretty good this year.
I wasn’t trying to say they’re gonna be bad at all. They might actually be the favorite going into every game including SR, but when you’re used to staying with Poland for a half then they wear you down that’s what could cause issues, if teams arnt worn down in the second half by the smash mouth style they can find themselves in games that they’re not normally accustomed to being in. Kinda like salem in the playoffs

I wasn’t trying to say they’re gonna be bad at all. They might actually be the favorite going into every game including SR, but when you’re used to staying with Poland for a half then they wear you down that’s what could cause issues, if teams arnt worn down in the second half by the smash mouth style they can find themselves in games that they’re not normally accustomed to being in. Kinda like salem in the playoffs

I know. I was just elaborating a little bit on your original post. All good.

And I completely agree. Turning every game into a track meet would make them more vulnerable…
I will definitely have an eye on the early games with Canfield, Louisville, and Howland.

Yep they lost another freshman to jfk that’s gonna be getting varsity playing time this year . We’ll he left 2 years ago. Lives in cortland though .
Who are the kids that transferred? Haven’t followed the program as closely over the past few years

Bellino may be able to get some more kids to ply or stay home, a lot of people and kids specially did not like pav at all, a lot had to do with playing his son at QB who had no business playing there tho.

Bellino may be able to get some more kids to ply or stay home, a lot of people and kids specially did not like pav at all, a lot had to do with playing his son at QB who had no business playing there tho.
Yes , very true .Pav had some good years but in the end it was a disgrace . Last year I don’t think any team he was responsible for 7 th , 8 th 9th jv or varsity scored a single point through 3 games I believe . Kids were bailing left an right for other schools , sports , or not playing at all. When I asked some of them why they had a one word response .PAVLANSKY

Who are the kids that transferred? Haven’t followed the program as closely over the past few years
Too many to list. But it should get better now . We’ll see . The new coach already has 62 players or something compared to 38 last year I heard

Too many to list. But it should get better now . We’ll see . The new coach already has 62 players or something compared to 38 last year I heard
I know there’s been many but was referring to the ones that left for JFK and Harding this year. That’s good to hear though.

2017 was Lakeview’s last hurrah under Pav.
Bellino has an uphill battle after the last 3 years.
Absolutely. Coached some of these kids at the lower levels and
From what I heard that was the biggest issue with most. I know a lot of people were not a fan of Pav but when I played under him we won a lot of games we had no business winning. He got the most out of what he had for the most part over the years

Numbers are good but id imagine it’s a lot of good kids who will never see the field, but you have to start somewhere. The key with be can they win a few games and be competitive....if they get beat badly I don’t see a lot of those kids sticking around...I think that’s what happened gradually under last coach. Going to have to be competitive with liberty, LaBrae and Garfield...don’t know if there are any wins to be had in conference other than a toss up with Jefferson. 2-8 doesn’t do it...need some surprise wins and I don’t know where they might come from. Struthers? Seems doubtful. LaBrae and Garfield are supposed to be very good so those seem doubtful. Niles? With a sophomore rb and a line that will dominate upfront, that seems doubtful too. So who do they beat?

Numbers are good but id imagine it’s a lot of good kids who will never see the field, but you have to start somewhere. The key with be can they win a few games and be competitive....if they get beat badly I don’t see a lot of those kids sticking around...I think that’s what happened gradually under last coach. Going to have to be competitive with liberty, LaBrae and Garfield...don’t know if there are any wins to be had in conference other than a toss up with Jefferson. 2-8 doesn’t do it...need some surprise wins and I don’t know where they might come from. Struthers? Seems doubtful. LaBrae and Garfield are supposed to be very good so those seem doubtful. Niles? With a sophomore rb and a line that will dominate upfront, that seems doubtful too. So who do they beat?
0 chance they will be able to hang with Struthers. I’m very optimistic with what they have and the kids have 100 percent bought into bayuk. They have tremendous skill. The teams they will have big trouble with will be the teams who can run it right at you, so poland Hubbard and SR.

Yes , very true .Pav had some good years but in the end it was a disgrace . Last year I don’t think any team he was responsible for 7 th , 8 th 9th jv or varsity scored a single point through 3 games I believe . Kids were bailing left an right for other schools , sports , or not playing at all. When I asked some of them why they had a one word response .PAVLANSKY
If the kids buy into him he’s a very good coach but he’s a weird one