NE8 2021

Absolutely true, but it’s not like this staff hasn’t been here, the one who isn’t was great with the OL and that was Kuntz. The problem with this staff right now is the defense and line play.

also in grades 9-12 there is 556 students right now
Grades 5-8 - 557
Grades k-5 - is over 700 so they won’t be dropping anytime soon for those wondering

If Greenemeyer is there he is running the OL and he’s a great OL coach.

If Greenemeyer is there he is running the OL and he’s a great OL coach.
He was there last year I don’t know about this coming up season. The OL was not good and senior laden. But they had four new starters, 3 of them seniors and I expect them to be much improved this year.

No one said anytime soon, the statement was "4-5 years" down the road.

So, I asked around Hubbard just recently (as of yesterday) where they got their information and the answer was from their relatives who live in Struthers and follow the Struthers football program very closely.

Well then, you would imagine strong Struthers followers would actually know what they are talking about when it comes to their football program. It really doesn't matter to me (or Hubbard) either way if Struthers would be D5 or D6 in 4-5 years, no one here would really care. You would think though, it would be beneficial to Struthers if it does happen that they would actually be D6, especially during the playoffs. They would and should dominate...

by anytime soon I meant by literally the kids that are in grade school. I have no idea what asking around Hubbard or this person said means when the enrollment numbers are literally posted by the department of education.

by anytime soon I meant by literally the kids that are in grade school. I have no idea what asking around Hubbard or this person said means when the enrollment numbers are literally posted by the department of education.
It's been going around Hubbard for quite sometime now from various people. They were getting their information from "actual Struthers football faithful" that follow that team on a very close basis. Some are actual relatives relaying that info.

It really doesn't pertain to me or the other Hubbard faithful on what division Struthers will actually be in 4-5 years down the road. The info was provided by family members that live in both communities, no more, no less.

It's been going around Hubbard for quite sometime now from various people. They were getting their information from "actual Struthers football faithful" that follow that team on a very close basis. Some are actual relatives relaying that info.

It really doesn't pertain to me or the other Hubbard faithful on what division Struthers will actually be in 4-5 years down the road. The info was provided by family members that live in both communities, no more, no less.
If you’re talking about the bayuk family just say it.

This just tells me Hubbard must not have internet access. Like none of this makes sense to me, it’s very easy to find the enrollment numbers, I don’t care what “going around” or from who, you can easily find the numbers and see Struthers enrollment is pretty steady through grade school

Why do you continue to hammer this home dude, the numbers are accessible to anybody!

This just tells me Hubbard must not have internet access. Like none of this makes sense to me, it’s very easy to find the enrollment numbers, I don’t care what “going around” or from who, you can easily find the numbers and see Struthers enrollment is pretty steady through grade school
Not everyone that follows high school football posts on Yappi...lol.

.....and yes, we do have internet access in Hubbard...lol.

Most parents don’t even have a clue what’s going on, I absolutely know more about the team then everyone you talk to

Struthers will not be anywhere near D6. Not in 4 years. Not in 6 years. Not in 10 years. That’s a guarantee! They may not even drop to D5...

I checked, but it looks like Yappi deleted my post from a couple years ago. Would’ve been before the Lordstown shutdown, but after OHSAA started doing competitive balance. But had projected enrollments for every NE8 school broken down year by year until like 2030. I think I also looked at Canfield and Howland. I also may have looked at Salem and West Branch.

I did spend the last couple days documenting the base enrollment and competitive balance modifiers for both football and basketball of every school in the Mahoning Valley. From Austintown Fitch to Heartland Christian. Since OHSAA started doing competitive balance in 2017-2018.

Niles’s base enrollment actually increased in that time, going from 299 in 17-18 and 18-19 to 310 in 19-20 and 20-21. +11
Hubbard also increased, from 239 to 256. +17
And Lakeview went from 230 to 231. +1
Everyone else is down.
Poland went from 259 to 240. -19
Girard went from 255 to 227. -28
Struthers went from 239 to 218. -21
Jefferson went from 230 to 188. -32
And South Range went from 188 to 156. -32

Also...
Fitch is down, 653 to 549.
Boardman is up, 508 to 551.
Harding is down, 580 to 506.
Howland is down, 343 to 330.
Canfield is down, 361 to 321.
West Branch is down, 352 to 351.
Salem is up, 237 to 243.
Ursuline is up, 177 to 183.
And Mooney is down, 195 to 149.

East was at 482 in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019. OHSAA’s website doesn’t have numbers for Chaney until 2019-2020. Even though East made the D4 football playoffs and Chaney was playing basketball in 2018-2019. Not sure why.
The most recent base enrollment numbers were 288 for Chaney and 287 for East.

I’m still trying to make sense of the competitive balance rules and numbers and everything. But I have that information saved as well.

The one that stands out to me is Mooney. I didn't realize that they are that small in enrollment numbers. I don't know how they can keep that going in the near future without consolidating with Ursuline by maintaining both buildings.I think half of Ursuline's school is actually shut down or closed up.

I see Streetsboro@Girard in week 1 this year. I believe Streetsboro lost a lot of players to graduation though.

Mooney is super funded , they will stay open as long as the Debartolo family funds the school.
I agree, Mooney's school is newer but in a terrible location. Ursuline's school is in a better location for value purposes (YSU) but I heard more than half of that building is closed up. Sooner or later "consolidation reality" will have to set in sending the northside students to the southside with a new name Youngstown Central Catholic.

I agree, Mooney's school is newer but in a terrible location. Ursuline's school is in a better location for value purposes (YSU) but I heard more than half of that building is closed up. Sooner or later "consolidation reality" will have to set in sending the northside students to the southside with a new name Youngstown Central Catholic.
You hear so much false stuff.

but I’m all for Youngstown Central Catholic but are the DeBartolo and Cafaro families? No they’re not

Last edited:
Tressel is all in on a YCC. He has offered to build a new school on YSUs campus(not sure exactly where) and Ive heard he even offered to build a stadium, but not 100% on that part, and Ursuline agreed to it but Mooney said thanks but no thanks. Gice you 3 guesses on who nixed it.

Tressel is all in on a YCC. He has offered to build a new school on YSUs campus(not sure exactly where) and Ive heard he even offered to build a stadium, but not 100% on that part, and Ursuline agreed to it but Mooney said thanks but no thanks. Gice you 3 guesses on who nixed it.
Where are you getting your information?

From people that know. It's not just whispers on the street.
So, you're saying Tressel offered to build a private high school on "state property" (YSU) and also build them a football stadium. And, this is all coming out of Tressel's own pocket?

So, you're saying Tressel offered to build a private high school on "state property" (YSU) and also build them a football stadium. And, this is all coming out of Tressel's own pocket?
Never said it was coming out of his own pocket. What does the private school have to do with state property? You ever been to Ursuline?

Your post: "He has offered to build a new school on YSUs campus" and "I've heard he even offered to build a stadium".

Last I knew Ursuline owned their own property. I doubt very much that Jim Tressel can build a parochial high school on YSU's property which is actually owned by the State of Ohio. And, if Tressel isn't paying for the new parochial high school and football stadium, who is actually financing all of this "on the campus of Youngstown State University"?

Your post: "He has offered to build a new school on YSUs campus" and "I've heard he even offered to build a stadium".

Last I knew Ursuline owned their own property. I doubt very much that Jim Tressel can build a parochial high school on YSU's property which is actually owned by the State of Ohio. And, if Tressel isn't paying for the new parochial high school and football stadium, who is actually financing all of this "on the campus of Youngstown State University"?
So no churches are on state property?

So no churches are on state property?
I honestly don't know.

What does that have to do with building a parochial high school and football stadium on the campus of a state run and owned public university? I don't see how that is even possible or legal.