NE8 2021

Not trying to be argumentative but racial slurs and farmer jokes are not the same and really don't have anythung to do with needing more culture. I think many people would be shocked at how much the n-word is hurled around on the field at kids of color and not just by the other teams players.
No one should diminish what those words mean to a person to color.

Poland is at the end of all that crazy 224 traffic, you feel like you just entered an entire new state as soon as you cross 680
No when you cross you start going towards the hill towards pa is where it drops off. There’s probably 200 businesses from 680 to giant eagle lol

Not trying to be argumentative but racial slurs and farmer jokes are not the same and really don't have anythung to do with needing more culture. I think many people would be shocked at how much the n-word is hurled around on the field at kids of color and not just by the other teams players.
Would it be "culture" that keeps schools out of the NE8 that are in Y-Town already? I don't think they didn't pick East or Canfield to be in the conference because of that but they looked at the overall competition fit. Salem and WB would fit but then so could East, Howland or Chaney.

Is Pavlansky to Poland a done deal? If so how does that shake up the NE8? Does that keep Poland at the top and can someone else turn around a dreadful Lakeview team?

Would it be "culture" that keeps schools out of the NE8 that are in Y-Town already? I don't think they didn't pick East or Canfield to be in the conference because of that but they looked at the overall competition fit. Salem and WB would fit but then so could East, Howland or Chaney.

What’s your point?

What’s your point?
Salem and WB are good fit competive wise for the NE 8 and that should be all that is considered when looking for new members. Don't need a bunch of political, cultural or whatever to have a good balance league. It is about sports and competition. Sportsmanship is taught by parents and coaches.

Is Pavlansky to Poland a done deal? If so how does that shake up the NE8? Does that keep Poland at the top and can someone else turn around a dreadful Lakeview team?
Not yet, no, and no. I know Poland and pav
both wanted to keep this on the down low and are very upset right now.

Salem and WB are good fit competive wise for the NE 8 and that should be all that is considered when looking for new members. Don't need a bunch of political, cultural or whatever to have a good balance league. It is about sports and competition. Sportsmanship is taught by parents and coaches.
This is misguided, it should not be the only thing considered. One of the reasons why Salem left the AAC was because of the travel. They are fine competition wise especially during a down year like the NE8 had last year. There are better options. Howland and Chaney are much better options. Chaney won’t ever happen. Howland I believe will. I believe the conference will want to stay at 8 schools as well.

I basically agree. They’d certainly fit in better than Jefferson. But WB and Salem have never shown any interest in leaving the EBC. So your point is mute.

This is misguided, it should not be the only thing considered. One of the reasons why Salem left the AAC was because of the travel. They are fine competition wise especially during a down year like the NE8 had last year. There are better options. Howland and Chaney are much better options. Chaney won’t ever happen. Howland I believe will. I believe the conference will want to stay at 8 schools as well.

Right. Geography definitely is a factor. And wasn’t getting away from Canfield one of the main attractions of the NE8?
I’d lov if Chaney were in the NE8... East not so much. And the two are joined at the hip. Also, it seems like they were always planning on joining up with Mooney and Ursuline.
Howland is interesting. If Jefferson is leaving after this year, Howland will be a popular replacement.
Conferences should always have between 6 and 8 members. The NE8 should always stay at 8.

It’s just one of those things, he didn’t have time to tell the Lakeview brass probably.
I know he has been at lakeview 20 plus years. This would appear like a large investment for Poland if they are giving him a job. It does sound like a done deal if Pav is worried about lakeview finding out.

Pav to Poland is interesting. He definitely wore out his welcome in Lakeview and many kids didn't want to play for him anymore. Not sure how he will fit in at Poland.

Idk what world you think we live in, but politics/culture/balance all matter

Poland’s system is why they are as good as they have been, remember when they tried to go spread and throw the ball? They switched from that in 2 quarters, I don’t see pav keeping that system, which also isn’t great for him because talent is dropping after this season even tho most don’t want to acknowledge it

Most teams went away from the I offense in the 90’s because a lack of good offensive linemen and quantity of skilled kids. Poland has been strong in the trenches for years and his led to a physical offense with there main play Dave. Will be interesting to see if Pav keeps the I in place with some spread or goes exclusively spread like Lakeview. Also will be interested if he keeps staff in place or brings some from Lakeview, hearing Sikora will be named his replacement at Lakeview

Most teams went away from the I offense in the 90’s because a lack of good offensive linemen and quantity of skilled kids. Poland has been strong in the trenches for years and his led to a physical offense with there main play Dave. Will be interesting to see if Pav keeps the I in place with some spread or goes exclusively spread like Lakeview. Also will be interested if he keeps staff in place or brings some from Lakeview, hearing Sikora will be named his replacement at Lakeview
Cant say that Sikora doesn’t like a challenge...just looked at their schedule, I don’t know if there is a win there. Maybe liberty or Jefferson but I think those are toss ups. I understand why Pav wants out...but not sure why Sikora would want in.

Cant say that Sikora doesn’t like a challenge...just looked at their schedule, I don’t know if there is a win there. Maybe liberty or Jefferson but I think those are toss ups. I understand why Pav wants out...but not sure why Sikora would want in.
Agreed, although Lakeview roster did consist of 40 Freshmen and Sophomores last season. Not sure about Jr High numbers, but could be looking to brighter fortunes after 2021 season more likely much brighter than Campbell

True...how many of those kids stick with it after 2-8, 1-7 and possibly 1-9...they have struggled to keep their kids in recent years and that might continue. I think it would be difficult to build against that schedule. They don’t even have easy out of conference games...no way they beat Garfield or Labrae next year or most years. Sikora isn’t known for building any program and it might be twice as hard if Pav takes the best assistants to Poland.

Lakeview is a much better situation. This is actually surprising to me. Paladin probably LOVES a Struthers guy taking the Lakeview job