NE8 2021

If Jefferson leaves, it is Salem and West Branch who should be brought in to the NE8. Yes, that would be 9 teams but would it matter?

I don’t think they have any interest in leaving the EBC.
They’d both be great fits for the NE8, but can’t make them join the NE8 if they don’t want to leave the EBC.

Why would they want to go from perennial contenders in the EBC to middle of the pack in the NE8?
I used to be a bit advocate for Salem and West Branch to join the AAC/NE8, but it just doesn’t seem like it’ll ever happen. Besides, I’m not a fan of 9 school conferences. 8 is perfect.

That's why I mentioned in an earlier post that I would like to see Salem added to make it an 8 school league, but Salem and West Branch are like conjoined twins, unfortunately you can't take one without the other.

That's why I mentioned in an earlier post that I would like to see Salem added to make it an 8 school league, but Salem and West Branch are like conjoined twins, unfortunately you can't take one without the other.
Only way I could see salem joining without WB if they worked out a deal to play in the non conference for at least 6 years under contract

If we are being honest lakeview would probably be happy leaving as well for football, they simply just don’t match up with anyone anymore. That pav scheme has been figured out for years and teams prepare for the following week for half of the week they play lakeview.

If we are being honest lakeview would probably be happy leaving as well for football, they simply just don’t match up with anyone anymore. That pav scheme has been figured out for years and teams prepare for the following week for half of the week they play lakeview.
4 years of daddy ball over. May be different next year

From my understanding Lakeview Administration is happy in the NE8, true not competitive in football but compete pretty well in all the other sports.

Jefferson and Lakeview out. Salem and West Branch in.

NE8 football quality improves.

All public schools go through some ups and downs. Lakeview lost a ton of good coaches and players the past couple of years. They still are a good fit program wise for all athletics.

I don’t think they have any interest in leaving the EBC.
They’d both be great fits for the NE8, but can’t make them join the NE8 if they don’t want to leave the EBC.

Why would they want to go from perennial contenders in the EBC to middle of the pack in the NE8?
I used to be a bit advocate for Salem and West Branch to join the AAC/NE8, but it just doesn’t seem like it’ll ever happen. Besides, I’m not a fan of 9 school conferences. 8 is perfect.
WB and Salem would hold their own in the top tier of the NE8 plus their school size seems to be staying more consistent and not dropping as fast as the other schools in the NE8.

Lakeview will be fine. I wouldn’t want them to leave. I also wouldn’t want to add west branch. Don’t think they’re a fit culturally.

For example when we played them a few years ago they hurled nothing but racist insults to our players. And with just about every team in the league being somewhat diverse I don’t see them as a fit in that way.
That did happen 100 percent. Salem has done it but not nowhere near as bad as WB.

Speaking of Salem, I don't think they have ever beat The Eagles of Hubbard High.

I got a call into Hubbard Football Historian roberto for a definite answer.

I really don't understand by what you mean as far as "culturally".
Salem, WB, south Range, Poland, Lakeview, Minerva , Jefferson and such are all small, isolated communities who all take great pride in their schools, and have a vast majority of very good people. Are there some bad apples, yes, but culturally they all fit because they all play that hard nose football that the valley is known for. I believe the more we expand athletic conferences the better the area becomes. FYI, Struthers could use a little more culture too ? I always remembered when Louisville went to play Y-Town schools the kids would make farmer jokes at Louisville kids.

Salem, WB, south Range, Poland, Lakeview, Minerva , Jefferson and such are all small, isolated communities who all take great pride in their schools, and have a vast majority of very good people. Are there some bad apples, yes, but culturally they all fit because they all play that hard nose football that the valley is known for. I believe the more we expand athletic conferences the better the area becomes. FYI, Struthers could use a little more culture too ? I always remembered when Louisville went to play Y-Town schools the kids would make farmer jokes at Louisville kids.
Poland is not isolated. It sits on 224. Unreal lol

Speaking of Salem, I don't think they have ever beat The Eagles of Hubbard High.

I got a call into Hubbard Football Historian roberto for a definite answer.

Capper, the answer is NO.

Hubbard Eagles vs Salem Quakers

2008 H Hubbard 43-12 1st meeting

2009 A Hubbard 42-0

2010 H Hubbard 31-14

Hubbard leads series 3-0-0.

Total points: Salem – 26; Hubbard – 116.

Answer to the next question-lol

Hubbard Eagles vs West Branch Warriors

1962 H Hubbard 20-0 1st meeting-Homecoming

1963 A Hubbard 46-10

1964 H Hubbard 28-0

1965 A West Branch 30-14

1985 A West Branch 24-0 Unscored upon in first five games

Hubbard leads series 3-2-0.

Total points: West Branch – 64; Hubbard – 108.

Not trying to be argumentative but racial slurs and farmer jokes are not the same and really don't have anythung to do with needing more culture. I think many people would be shocked at how much the n-word is hurled around on the field at kids of color and not just by the other teams players.