NBNO - UPDATED - Alex Smith - 25' 3 1/2" Wind-aided - FINALIZED

JAVMAN83

Hilliard Darby's Alex Smith, shaking off the disappointment of 2nd at the state meet, flew to a new PR of 25' 3 1/2" with a +0.0 wind, moving him to #3 Ohio all-time with the #3 performance. This placed him 2nd at the NBNO meet at Philly.

Hold on...I just noticed that ALL the wind readings are listed as 0.0 from all the jumpers. Need more confidence before putting this down as fact.

I don't believe they used a wind gauge in the long jump, however checking all the races on the track Sunday that required a wind reading none are over 2.0 so it doesn't appear to have been very windy on Sunday

I don't believe they used a wind gauge in the long jump, however checking all the races on the track Sunday that required a wind reading none are over 2.0 so it doesn't appear to have been very windy on Sunday
The girls' long jump & triple jump had wind readings. I'm going to wait to see if someone failed to upload the readings for the boys. I would be aghast if they only had one gauge to be used for the girls only! I'll wait for further developments.

I have submitted to the timing company a number of questions regarding the boys' long & triple jumps. Something is definitely amiss, and I've found them listing Gregory Foster, Jr., as the winner in one link, and 2nd place in the other link. The timing company has some splaining to do!

We are spoiled by finishtiming here in SW Ohio. Fast, accurate results in user-friendly interface. I'm reminded of how lucky we are EVERY time I go looking for results for meets in other states.

Update: I've yet to hear from PrimeTime Timing regarding the issues mentioned above. I've now flagged Jack Shepard @ Track & Field News with regard to the discrepancies with the boys' long & triple jump wind readings along with the issue of who actually won the long jump?

I was watching the 4x400 final heat and before the race they were announcing the long jump results.
Alex Smith was 2nd and Gregory Foster Jr was 1st.
If you watch the Live Webcast you can see it at around the 6:36:00 mark.

I was watching the 4x400 final heat and before the race they were announcing the long jump results.
Alex Smith was 2nd and Gregory Foster Jr was 1st.
If you watch the Live Webcast you can see it at around the 6:36:00 mark.
Most appreciated. I will do so and pass the information to Jack Shepard. Unfortunately, it still doesn't resolve the issue of the wind readings. Also the fact that the timing company, PrimeTime Timing, has Foster as 1st on the NB site, yet 2nd on their own company website, doesn't say too much about their checking their own results.

As of this date after waiting for a response from PrimeTime Timing, they've YET to address my questions, NOR have they changed the boys' long & triple jump wind readings from 0.0 for all the jumpers attempts at the recent NBNO @ Philly. This is very disappointing. Jack Shepard @ Track & Field News has been notified by me, and he'll make a decision as to whether they'll recognize the marks or not. At this time, I cannot include Alex Smith's marks on my legal-jump list. That may change, but that is where I stand at this writing at the end of June. Very disappointing to say the least.

I feel the same way, pcbuck! I'm angry that PrimeTime has slighted all the boys in those 2 events by not addressing the wind gauge situation. It's clear to anyone who actually cares that you don't have all 0.0s for every jump/jumper. Even indoors, you get some residual air movement due to air handling systems. PrimeTime is at fault. I still hold out some hope that they'll respond to this situation.

Well, they FINALLY changed that file. I had already checked that file...3 TIMES along with the live results. That file had all 0.0s for almost a month. Unfortunately, Alexander's best jump of 25' 3 1/2" was wind-aided. Also, unfortunately, there's NO information regarding the wind readings on his other jumps, one of which was 24' 1 3/4".

Thanks for flagging me on this. I am still very disappointed with PrimeTime Timing, which is anything BUT "prime". I will forward this updated information to Jack Shepard @ T&F News. Thank you.