NBA thread

Head scratcher in Philly last night. Embiid, Maxey and Harden are all out. Nets come to town with KD, Kyrie and Ben Simmons and they lose??? Makes no sense at all.

Head scratcher in Philly last night. Embiid, Maxey and Harden are all out. Nets come to town with KD, Kyrie and Ben Simmons and they lose??? Makes no sense at all.
It makes he sense in the world. It's 3 dysfunctional stars and the dysfunction impacts the result. The Nets franchise is the joke of the NBA.

It makes he sense in the world. It's 3 dysfunctional stars and the dysfunction impacts the result. The Nets franchise is the joke of the NBA.
But really, doesn't dysfunction really work in the NBA? I mean regular season games, there is little preparation, with the short shot clock and infinite numbers of possessions, talent typically wins. You had a guy in Durrant who is considered by almost everyone a top 25 NBA player of all time, maybe higher by some. Kyrie Irving, with all his skeletons, is still considered a great offensive basketball player. The Sixers had 4-5 guys who aren't even in their typical rotation.

Now and update, the Sixers turn around and lose at Charlotte the next night and Charlotte has not much significant NBA talent.

But really, doesn't dysfunction really work in the NBA? I mean regular season games, there is little preparation, with the short shot clock and infinite numbers of possessions, talent typically wins. You had a guy in Durrant who is considered by almost everyone a top 25 NBA player of all time, maybe higher by some. Kyrie Irving, with all his skeletons, is still considered a great offensive basketball player. The Sixers had 4-5 guys who aren't even in their typical rotation.

Now and update, the Sixers turn around and lose at Charlotte the next night and Charlotte has not much significant NBA talent.
Regular season NBA is often about effort and who feels like playing hard any given night. Sure, when both teams are playing at max effort, talent typically wins out. Perhaps the Sixers were motivated to beat Ben Simmons?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Regular season NBA is often about effort and who feels like playing hard any given night. Sure, when both teams are playing at max effort, talent typically wins out. Perhaps the Sixers were motivated to beat Ben Simmons?

No doubt there was motivation for that. I'm just miffed at how many NBA players just miss games. It's so sad and it really hurts the product. Of course no one ever questions injuries because everyone hides behind HIPPA. It's just sad because I grew up in a day when Dr. J, Magic, Jordan, most players played every night, unless there was a legitimate injury.

No doubt there was motivation for that. I'm just miffed at how many NBA players just miss games. It's so sad and it really hurts the product. Of course no one ever questions injuries because everyone hides behind HIPPA. It's just sad because I grew up in a day when Dr. J, Magic, Jordan, most players played every night, unless there was a legitimate injury.
I agree, it’s one reason why I really fell out of watching the NBA very much even though I was a huge fan in the 90s and 2000s.

It doesn't work in the context of having 3 head cases and no leaders. Two of them are great players but they all go in their own direction and none of them are leaders.

Anthony Davis is 1st in the league in rebounds 12.8 and 3rd in blocks 2.19. He is 11th in scoring 26.3.

Davis is also one of the best defensive players in the NBA.

Lebron James is scoring 24.5 points per game,8.7 Rebounds,6.7 assists.

Not bad for a 38 year old man. Oh...He's playing good defense too.

The Lakers-Cavs game should be a good one(on 12-6-2022). The Lakers have won 8 out of there last 10 games. Anthony Davis has really come alive,scorring 44 and 55 points in his last 2 games. The Lakers are also finally playing with a good chemistry as well.

Lakers have really turned things around.
Two things:
1. Russell Westbrook has accepted his role coming off the bench.
2. Anthony Davis has become who they thought he'd be.

Now, is this sustainable? Probably not. Davis hasn't stayed healthy for longer than a few months in years , and Westbrook will eventualy blow up, because that's what he does.

Serbia is an EX Mediterranean country. :D

How did basketball become a thing there? And why are they so tall? It's counter-intuitive for me, for a mountain country. They have some flat in the north. I wonder where the tall people live.

Last edited:
Y’all know what today is.

1671997999364.jpeg

Strange occurrence last night in Detroit. Orlando Magic player Mo Wagner bumps Piston Killion Hayes off the court in a scramble for a loose ball, cheap shot right. Wagner is right in front of the Pistons bench, seems to stop and put his hands up. Hayes, who was knocked off the court, gets up collects himself an clocks Wagner in the back of the head, neck area like a karate chop time motion. To me, it appears Wagner was falling down like he was passing out BEFORE the contact. Two Pistons personnel on the bench literally catch the limp Wagner as he fell into their arms.

To me, it did not appear Hayes's chop was very hard at all, certainly not enough to knock someone out. I've not heard one report or anything on what happened to Wagner. A few reported he was knocked out, but the video does not support it. No obviously this is kind of unusual in today's NBA, fights just rarely happen anymore

Strange occurrence last night in Detroit. Orlando Magic player Mo Wagner bumps Piston Killion Hayes off the court in a scramble for a loose ball, cheap shot right. Wagner is right in front of the Pistons bench, seems to stop and put his hands up. Hayes, who was knocked off the court, gets up collects himself an clocks Wagner in the back of the head, neck area like a karate chop time motion. To me, it appears Wagner was falling down like he was passing out BEFORE the contact. Two Pistons personnel on the bench literally catch the limp Wagner as he fell into their arms.

To me, it did not appear Hayes's chop was very hard at all, certainly not enough to knock someone out. I've not heard one report or anything on what happened to Wagner. A few reported he was knocked out, but the video does not support it. No obviously this is kind of unusual in today's NBA, fights just rarely happen anymore

Which video were you looking at? Got a link?

Edit: that first "fall" was caused by Diallo pushing him from behind. He fell into another now standing bench player. This kept his body from absorbing the punch from behind, he took the full brunt. Not sure that would have mattered. I'm pretty sure even an NBA player can put enough force into a from behind punch to the back of the neck to disrupt blood flow or signals.

Last edited:

Edit: that first "fall" was caused by Diallo pushing him from behind. He fell into another now standing bench player. This kept his body from absorbing the punch from behind, he took the full brunt. Not sure that would have mattered. I'm pretty sure even an NBA player can put enough force into a from behind punch to the back of the neck to disrupt blood flow or signals.
I saw every video out there, it was very bizarre. Most times, you'd face the person who was coming at you, Wagner kind of stopped in front of the Piston bench, put his arms out to kind of apologize to the coach, Diallo pushed him from the back but it was hardly forceful and he just kind of started slumping BEFORE Hayes punched him and it was very much a grazing kind of punch, back handed chop.
More surprising is there has been hardly any talk about this??? It's funny that we have so much media presence today, but there are certain topics that just are not discussed. The NBA is very good at keeping things in house and of course now with HIPPA, the pro sports leagues hide behind that to just shield from everything.

For sure. There is a reason that back of the head punches are not legal in MMA and boxing. Very dangerous. And chickensh__t.

Lebron James at the age of 38.

Scoring 29.1
Assists 6.7........Led the league a couple years ago.
Rebounds 8.2.....3rd sf in the league.

Without Anthony Davis have won 5 games in a row.

Not bad for a 38 year old man.

Lebron James at the age of 38.

Scoring 29.1
Assists 6.7........Led the league a couple years ago.
Rebounds 8.2.....3rd sf in the league.

Without Anthony Davis have won 5 games in a row.

Not bad for a 38 year old man.
Some people adore him, some give him too much unwarranted crap.

Bottom line, he is a great ballplayer and a freak of nature. And he takes great care of his body. Impossible to deny.

Better all around player in the NBA today than Joel Embiid? Don't think so. 33 PPG, 53% FG%, 81% FT%, 10 RPG and he protects the rim.

Giannis...31 PPG, 11.9 REB, 5.3 ASST
Jokic...25 PPG, 11 REB, 9.8 ASST

There are some really talented big men in the game right now...including Embiid...but I'm unhappy with him right now because he cost me money on Draft Kings Tuesday night:mad:

Giannis...31 PPG, 11.9 REB, 5.3 ASST
Jokic...25 PPG, 11 REB, 9.8 ASST

There are some really talented big men in the game right now...including Embiid...but I'm unhappy with him right now because he cost me money on Draft Kings Tuesday night:mad:
Did you have him for 50 or something? I included all around because I think what separates Embiid is his defense, ball handling and his different ways to score. Giannis is basically a downhill driver who so big and athletic you can't stop him under current NBA rules. Jokic, He doesn't have near the mid range ability Joel has.

I needed double digit rebounds from Embiid and he "only" got 9...what a slacker.. all 3 of those big men have a unique skillset.