NBA thread

Probably a wash from my point of view on being healthy. Many complain and make excuses frequently about the quick turnaround after the bubble experience, but the Lakers probably benefitted a lot, maybe as much as anyone, from getting 4 1/2 months of recovery and down time between last season being postponed and then resumed in the bubble.

I don't necessarily see the bubble title as tarnished, but it is much different in my point of view due to getting the long rest before getting to sprint through about 30 games between finishing off the season and the playoffs. It was a different experience from the traditional progression and rhythm of a normal year, and playing through the same rules and restrictions as everyone else they ended up on top.

As for LeBron, I suspect he's on the downslope a bit but may have a few more quality years in the tank before the wheels fall off. The main injury he had this year was a freak thing sustained in a loose ball situation as opposed to being a long-term wear and tear issue. He still averaged roughly 25/8/8 and was around 15th in player efficiency. They need to retool the roster some, but if him and AD can stay healthy they probably have a window for 2 or maybe 3 more years.

Suns sweep the Nuggets.

Chris Paul had a ridiculous stat line in this series. 25.5 PPG, 10.3 APG, and shot 62% from the field, 75% from 3, and 100% (22-22) from the free throw line. His assist to turnover ratio was 8.2:1.

Harden and Kyrie hurt. Likely stops the Nets playoff run. Injuries happen and it takes a lot of good fortune to win a championship, so I don’t want to hear a national media pity party if the Nets bow out to the Bucks due to the injuries. The media did not afford the Cavs that luxury when Kyrie (him again) and Love couldn’t go against the Warriors the first time and LeBron took some heat because he couldn’t drag that remaining roster of garbage to a championship over an intact Warriors squad. No tears for Brooklyn!

Harden and Kyrie hurt. Likely stops the Nets playoff run. Injuries happen and it takes a lot of good fortune to win a championship, so I don’t want to hear a national media pity party if the Nets bow out to the Bucks due to the injuries. The media did not afford the Cavs that luxury when Kyrie (him again) and Love couldn’t go against the Warriors the first time and LeBron took some heat because he couldn’t drag that remaining roster of garbage to a championship over an intact Warriors squad. No tears for Brooklyn!
LeBro would have won it all, if he and Davis weren't so fragile.

Kevin Durant put on one of the greatest individual performances in NBA play-off history last night going for 49, 17 and 10 (including 18 4th quarter points) while playing all 48 minutes in the Nets 114 - 108 come-from-behind win against the Bucks.

Kevin Durant put on one of the greatest individual performances in NBA play-off history last night going for 49, 17 and 10 (including 18 4th quarter points) while playing all 48 minutes in the Nets 114 - 108 come-from-behind win against the Bucks.
Yeah, unfortunately the Greek Freak…who had a great game statistically…gagged at the end when his team needed him the most. He missed two huge free throws and fumbled a pass from Middleton (I believe) down low that should have been two for the Bucks. Milwaukee had the chance to steal Game 5 in Brooklyn, but The Freak wasn’t up to an MVP level close out and Kevin Durant was.

Chris Paul is "out indefinitely" due to COVID protocols. Fully vaxxed and seems to have had a positive test. Ridiculous.

LaMelo Ball named rookie of the year over Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Haliburton...missed 21 games but averaged roughly 16/6/6 and shot 35% from three.

Chris Paul is "out indefinitely" due to COVID protocols. Fully vaxxed and seems to have had a positive test. Ridiculous.
Indefinitely means he'll be ready for game 1 of the WCF. Do you really think he's going to miss this? He's got a golden opportunity to finally get to a finals.

That said, how silly does the NBA look when 99% of the country is going to stores, parks, baseball games with no masks and the NBA players, coaches and fans have silly masks on?? They are really falling on the sword for the liberals.

Several years late, but I suppose better late than never.
Just don't call it. You don't have to "look into it". Young throws his body into defenders like a high school girl does and shoots most of his FT's that way. It's ridiculous.

Indefinitely means he'll be ready for game 1 of the WCF. Do you really think he's going to miss this? He's got a golden opportunity to finally get to a finals.

That said, how silly does the NBA look when 99% of the country is going to stores, parks, baseball games with no masks and the NBA players, coaches and fans have silly masks on?? They are really falling on the sword for the liberals.
I personally hope he doesn't miss any games. His last 6-7 games where the shoulder injury hasn't seemed to be bothering him as much have been brilliant, and as a result the Suns have looked like they are probably the team to beat.

Are you surprised by that? I'm definitely not. Their inability to adapt and change course on COVID procedures is politically on par with everything else they've done. The league may fortunately get bailed out on this one due to the Suns sweeping and having a long layoff before the conference finals start.

Just don't call it. You don't have to "look into it". Young throws his body into defenders like a high school girl does and shoots most of his FT's that way. It's ridiculous.
It is ridiculous...he along with a few other ball dominant guards like Harden are practically unguardable when they are allowed to rack up cheap fouls with such tactics.

Watching the Bucks-Nets game. What an outstanding game. I'm not a Kevin Durant fan but he's the best offensive player in basketball without question.

Refs have missed a ton of fouls, especially on the Nets. Bucks completely blew their chance to win it in regulation. On to overtime.

Last edited:
Wow, what a fantastic game that was. So nice to see the Nets get beat. Game essentially ends on Kevin Durant throwing up an airball on a three. So easy to root for the Bucks and against the Nets.

Wow, what a fantastic game that was. So nice to see the Nets get beat. Game essentially ends on Kevin Durant throwing up an airball on a three. So easy to root for the Bucks and against the Nets.
Agree. I loathe the made up all star teams like the Nets and Clippers. I can only hope the Suns knock off LA. The Sixers built through the draft, so I can’t get to upset with them, but I would rather see the Hawks or Bucks win the East.

Screenshot_20210620-110719.png

Game of inches. I initially thought that huge shot Durant hit at the end of regulation was a three and would have been a replayed playoff game/series winner for eternity. End of overtime the game ended on him chucking an airball on essentially the same move from close to the same spot.

Interesting that the national media ( read NY media) is emphasizing the fact that the Nets had injuries as the reason they lost the series. Yet, these were the same people who never acknowledged the effect of injuries to Kyrie and Love when they anointed the Warriors as the greatest team alive in 2015.

Devin Booker with a 40 point triple double as the Suns take game 1 against the Clippers.

Chris Paul will be back at some point and probably pretty healthy. No clue about Kawhi. Hard to see the Clippers winning four out of six.

Interesting that the national media ( read NY media) is emphasizing the fact that the Nets had injuries as the reason they lost the series. Yet, these were the same people who never acknowledged the effect of injuries to Kyrie and Love when they anointed the Warriors as the greatest team alive in 2015.

Maybe they should criticize Nets management for spending big money on a consistently injured weirdo or maybe focus on their inability to close out a series at home with help from the refs.

I'll give Durant credit for giving kudos to the Bucks post-game.

Maybe they should criticize Nets management for spending big money on a consistently injured weirdo or maybe focus on their inability to close out a series at home with help from the refs.

I'll give Durant credit for giving kudos to the Bucks post-game.
No love for the Nets. Kyrie is such an insufferable pr!k he was nearly impossible to like even when he was on the Cavs. Durant (OKC) and Harden (Hou) both bailed on contenders they couldn’t take over the top and went for the easy way out on stacked super-teams. Fug em all. Much more respect for what the Freak is doing in Milwaukee. I hope he gets them a title after committing to the Bucks when all the national media turds predicted he would head to a major media market.

Devin Booker with a 40 point triple double as the Suns take game 1 against the Clippers.

Chris Paul will be back at some point and probably pretty healthy. No clue about Kawhi. Hard to see the Clippers winning four out of six.
The changing of the guard is happening as the game starts to tilt to the young stars like Booker, Mitchell, Giannis, Young, Embiid, Doncic and others while LeBron, Durant, Leonard and company are finishing up the back nine.

The changing of the guard is happening as the game starts to tilt to the young stars like Booker, Mitchell, Giannis, Young, Embiid, Doncic and others while LeBron, Durant, Leonard and company are finishing up the back nine.
This is certainly happening. LeBron and Chris Paul are the last major stars that came in on the tail end of the league floundering in the early 2000s.

The young guys are going to blow by the Durants, Hardens and Currys over the next few years. It seems all but assured one of those young guys will be holding up the title this year (and for the team they came into the league with), and it's the best thing that could happen for the league IMO.

Or never say a word about Draymond being suspended in game 6 of 2016, making Andrew Bogut get hurt in game 6 and missing game 7 paving the way for the Cavs to win a tainted title that season. BTW, Curry was hurt that year too, I believe.

I'm thrilled the Nets got beat. As good as Durrant is, he's a whiner and just keeps hunting for a title. He had his chance here. Harden simply can't stay healthy anymore and Kyrie is a such a head case.

The NBA teams may want to revisit this load management philosophy. Much like major league baseball pitchers, these guys are coddled during the season and never fully get in condition for the rigors of performing. They have to play a full 3-4 games in a week and they break down.

Embiid was very good and Trae Young was not so good, and the Sixers still got bounced.

Ben Simmons had 6 points in 34 4th quarter minutes in games 4-7. 6-12 from the free throw line with 0 FG attempts.