NBA thread

Not going to happen...seems like the team got a reprimand from the league office and that's that.

The commissioner's office would have viewed a LeBron-less Lakers playing the Suns as being an abject disaster, especially on the back of Curry not getting through the play-in tournament.

Got offered $50 tickets to Nets-Celtics tonight through some work connections but couldn't make it happen. The same deal might be on the table for Tuesday's game.

Lakers beat Suns 109-102 to tie the series 1-1.A.D. had 34 points and 10 rebounds.

Lebron(High ankle sprain) and A.D.(Pulled groin muscle and bad shoulder) are both hurt.

Lakers beat Suns 109-102 to tie the series 1-1.A.D. had 34 points and 10 rebounds.

Lebron(High ankle sprain) and A.D.(Pulled groin muscle and bad shoulder) are both hurt.
Don't forget to mention that Chris Paul is hurt for the Suns, his annual getting hurt in the playoffs. The Lakers are actually getting pretty good contributions from the rest of the gang. If you watch the games very closely, LeBron is playing at about 60%. He plays little defense, and he's not even going to rim much anymore. I would crowd him on the perimeter as he's turned into exclusively a jump shooter. You make him go to the rim 8-10 times a game and it's going to wear on him during the series. I'm not sure the Suns have what it takes to take them out. Game 2 should had been a game they could take.

Lakers beat Suns 109-95 to take the series lead 2-1.A.D. had 34 points and 11 rebounds.

A.D. hyperextended his left knee and was limping while running up and down the floor.

A.D. now has a hyperextended left knee and a pulled groin muscle and a bad shoulder.

Lebron has a high ankle sprain and is playing at about 60%.

Last edited:
Lakers beat Suns 109-95 to take the series lead 2-1.A.D. had 34 points and 11 rebounds.

A.D. hyperextended his left knee and was limping while running up and down the floor.

A.D. now has a hyperextended left knee and a pulled groin muscle and a bad shoulder.

Lebron has a high ankle sprain and is playing at about 60%.
And yet they still lead the series 2-1, Suns are not very good. The Lakers are on fumes and they can't beat them.

Watched the first quarter and change last night. The Suns have a huge size/length disadvantage against the Lakers, and the injuries Chris Paul is playing with hurt them much more than any of the Lakers injuries IMO as the Suns need Paul to be a highly effective play creator to get their role players open perimeter shots.

Unless Ayton grabs 15+ rebounds and they shoot 40+% from three, they might not win another game in this series.

Suns beat Lakers 100-92 to tie series 2-2.Lebron had 25 points and 12 rebounds.

Anthony Davis missed the 2nd half(Groin and knee).Pope didn't play at all.

Neither team shot it very well, but Chris Paul finally had a good game yesterday.

Ayton is averaging 16.5 RPG in the Suns wins and 10.5 RPG in their losses this series. I think that's probably the biggest X factor going forward. The Suns have to have him shining glass to get wins.

This week's primary focus has been on idiot fans. My thought would be to publish their identities.
This used to be just drunk fans probably taking a dare from their buddies. And it's still largely non-threatening. The media goes bonkers when these things happen just to amp up ratings. Odd last night that the guy at the Sixers/ Wizards game just basically ran down the aisle into the stands, nothing was there to stop him. I'm guessing the person who was watching that aisle fell asleep or was gone.

One thing that few mention is with the proliferation in gambling down, the leagues and networks actually promote it. I think it opens up another avenue where you have people losing serious money in these games and it pushes their mindset into other areas. I said at the time the gambling aspect of sports needs to be curtailed, not promoted. It's sad, but we have people who are spending rent money, grocery money on games and most of the time they lose.

Finally, you also have athletes who are antagonizing and calling out fans during games. We all like the banter and some of the leagues even promote it, but it's a factor.

Big news today is the results of Joel Embiid's MRI. I don't think it's serious, I really felt if last night's game was critical, he would have kept playing. But we won't know for sure until he's evaluated. There is not one player in the NBA today that is more important to his team winning a title than Embiid. Anthony Davis may be the only other one.

Both of those guys seem to be incredibly injury prone. Very hard to rely on.
It took Embiid 2 years to even play his first game with the Sixers and there hasn't been a season he's played completely, so this isn't a shock. He's just a guy that gets hurt alot. Now AD was pretty reliable up until the last few seasons. Big, athletic guys have a much better chance of injury than in most sports. 300 pound men who are constantly cutting, jumping and running are going to get injured. Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, are just a few names from the base of guys who were hurt all the time.
Both of those guys seem to be incredibly injury prone. Very hard to rely on.

My goodness.. Damian Lillard putting on a show!!
That was an out of body experience. I still can't understand why basketball teams, up 3 with time running out, do not foul - a common foul of course. The shot to end the 1st OT actually should had been a foul on the made 3.

Sixers, without star Joel Embiid, close out a pesky Wizards team last night in Philly. While it looks a little bleak now in Philly because Embiid will not be 100%, I still think they can win a title. Last night proved that they have other guys who can get the job done. Tobias Harris has stepped up the past two seasons and proved he's a proven scorer. Not flashy, just gets the job done. Ben Simmons, when right, is a nightmare matchup and one of the best defenders in the league. Seth Curry can play off the others and can go off at any time. Dwight Howard has served his role as a backup center about as well as anyone. He's not a 30-35 minute guy, but he'll give you 15-20 quality minutes and produce at a huge clip.
The new kid on the block is rookie Tyrese Maxey. He is an energy guy and I think one thing Philly may have moving forward is the depth. Thybulle, George Hill, Korkmatz, all are key contributors as well.

Suns beat Lakers 113-100.Suns win series 4-2.Lebron had 29 points.

Anthony Davis played 5 minutes and didn't score.

GM Rob Pelinka echoed a belief shared by Lakers coach Frank Vogel and superstars Lebron James and Anthony Davis after L.A.'s 113-100 game 6 loss on Thursday that had their team been injury-free this season,their back to-back championship bid could have been reached.

GM Rob Pelinka echoed a belief shared by Lakers coach Frank Vogel and superstars Lebron James and Anthony Davis after L.A.'s 113-100 game 6 loss on Thursday that had their team been injury-free this season,their back to-back championship bid could have been reached.
And if me Aunt had balz, she'd be me Uncle!

Their chip last year will have an asterisk next to it.

And if Klay Thompson hadn't got hurt a couple years ago, the Warriors may still be in tact and had won 4-5 titles by now.

The Laker title in 20-21 is tarnished. It set up perfectly because LeBron and AD was rested and fully healthy for the playoffs. That team was built for short term success. LeBron has turned into a long range shooter, very little zip to the hoop and no defense. He's like a car with 300,000 miles. Things are just breaking down on him.